Keegan wants three players in the window, ready made prem stars

Guest Toon83

Guest LucaAltieri

I'd rather Huntelaar than Zigic.

I've caught Huntelaar a few times when watching Goalissimo. He looks shite. Scores plenty because its a crap league, but wouldn't cut it over here. Kuyt was far more impressive when playing in the Dutch league in my opinion.... and he's no more than a decent premiership striker.

Guest LucaAltieri

Goalissimo is a tv show that basically just shows goals.  Huntelaar scores a lot of goals.  I think it would be impossible for him to look shite on that.

You'd have thought so wouldn't you... and yet...

Lescott's a class defender imo. Can't see him coming but I can't see the other two coming either.

Yup. I don't know about this transfer window. All of the players I can see realistically coming are not players I particularly want. Maybe Keegan will work his juju.

Lescott looks good because Everton know how to play as a good defensive unit.  Because we don't, he'd probably look quite poor if we bought him.

Clean sheets week-in, week-out from now on man ;)

I cant believe how many people would be against us signing Ashton. Fair enough his injury record hasnt been great but he's a class player. If we could get him fit he would be a major asset.

I cant believe how many people would be against us signing Ashton. Fair enough his injury record hasnt been great but he's a class player. If we could get him fit he would be a major asset.

Wouldn't be against him as long as he can stay fit.

Cracking player on his day mind

An article from nearly 4 years ago - easy to see Keegan rated him:

Keegan to lose Van Buyten

Manchester City boss Kevin Keegan admits they will struggle to hold on to on-loan defender Daniel van Buyten.

The Belgian will stay at City until the end of the season but Keegan fears his displays will attract other clubs.

"He is a terrific player and I don't think we will keep him at the end of the season as I feel he will go to a big club then," said Keegan.

"The deal we have is not tight and other teams are sure to nip in," he told the Manchester Evening News.

Keegan added: "Anyone who watched him against Chelsea can't fail to have been impressed."

Signings are no.1 priority

Jan 21 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

KEVIN KEEGAN will concentrate on strengthening his squad this week – and push all talk of adding to his backroom staff into the background.

Kevin Keegan

The $64,000 question in football today is whether Alan Shearer will be joining the man who brought him back to his native Tyneside from Blackburn Rovers as his No 2.

But Shearer has gone to Uganda to do some charity work for homeless youngsters and it is unlikely he will have any contact with Keegan this week.

This will allow Keegan, who only had 10 senior outfield players at his disposal against Bolton Wanderers on Saturday, to focus on bringing some much-needed new blood to St James’s Park.

And he knows that he is facing a race against time with the transfer window slamming shut again in just 10 days’ time.

When I asked KK if he had made any decision on his backroom staff, he told me: “Not yet. Obviously my first priority now is to see if we can get anyone in.

“The players are saying ‘we need players’, and if the players are saying that, and I’m saying that, you can be assured we’ve got a small, but good quality, squad.

“There were only 16 players we could pick against Bolton. When the African guys come back, and the guys who are suspended come back, we’ll have a strong squad if we can get one or two in.

“That’s what you need in the Premiership.”

However, one familiar face has already joined Keegan at St James’s Park.

Arthur Cox, who signed Keegan for Newcastle and was part of his team during his first managerial spell at United, will take up a role in his new regime.

I was surprised when Keegan came back to United and equally surprised when “Coxie” decided to retire from football with Manchester City.

For in all my time covering Newcastle I have never met anyone in football who loves the games as much as Arthur Cox.

And it is clearly Cox’s wisdom which Keegan will be banking on at St James’s Park where, like Terry McDermott, he may or may not be given an official title.

It will come as no surprise that Keegan is surrounding himself with people he knows, and while he concentrates on signing players he knows, he will have to decide on the massive backroom staff he inherited from Sam Allardyce.

I am told there are 23 of them and it is highly unlikely that they will be kept on under the new regime.

Guest johnson293

Sorry if its already been posted....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_3067063,00.html

Van Buyten open to Magpies

Bayern defender's agent has spoken to Keegan

Last updated: 21st January 2008

Daniel van Buyten's agent has hinted the Bayern Munich defender could be tempted by a move to Newcastle United.

Reports have claimed that the Belgium international is among the players new Magpies boss Kevin Keegan is looking to sign before the close of the transfer window.

Van Buyten's future with Bayern is uncertain, with the centre-half struggling to secure regular football this season.

He recently admitted that he may be interested in a switch to Scottish champions Celtic, while Premier League clubs are also in his trail.

The former Marseille stopper played under Keegan at Manchester City after spending the second half of the 2003/04 season with the club.

Appreciated

And, according to his representative Christophe Henrotay, a reunion with Keegan at St James' Park would not be ruled out.

"Daniel would like to carry on doing his job at Bayern, but I have said to Kevin, 'Anything can happen, the truth today is not the truth tomorrow'," said Henrotay in The Guardian.

"And Daniel appreciated Kevin's management at Manchester City."

Wouldn't mind Van Buyten but we need attacking players.

1 defender

1 creative midfielder

And 1 fast right winger would do very nicely.

Totally impossible but we'd be a different team with Richards, Carrick and Bentley. Big Mike might need to sell a few more Lonsdale tops though!