Keegan wants three players in the window, ready made prem stars

Guest Toon83

My dad's fishing partner drives a taxi round Newcastle in his spare time. Today Eto'o got in and demanded a ride to St. James Park, I don't usually share information like this but I thought your socks may be in need of a lift...

seems like someone is definitly fishing

My dad's fishing partner drives a taxi round Newcastle in his spare time. Today Eto'o got in and demanded a ride to St. James Park, I don't usually share information like this but I thought your socks may be in need of a lift...

seems like someone is definitly fishing

Eto'o told him he couldn't wait to sign for such a big club and the thought of teaming up with Keegan filled him with over whelming joy...

Guest LucasUnger

gonna be a 2pm press conference on friday possibly 3 players signing....

IF this turns out to be UNtrue... BAAAAAANNNNNEEEEEDDDDDD FOR LIFE.

yeah ban him.

by the way. messi just bought a kebap at ali's on the quayside ;)

I hope KK gets a shake on. I'd like to have players in for at least the league game against Arsenal. I realise it's difficult for him though.

Terry Mac says in his interview on Newcastle World that Keegan will likely have to wait until the Summer to get the players he wants in.

Is he not in Africa?

Can someone copy and paste the article hindu times posted please.

Newcastle boss Kevin Keegan admits he's finding it tough to find players better than he has already.

His preparations for Saturday's FA Cup clash at Arsenal have been conducted at the same time as his efforts to strengthen a small squad, and with next Thursday's transfer deadline approaching, time is running out.

While giving little away amid speculation that Middlesbrough's Jonathan Woodgate, Tottenham's Pascal Chimbonda and Blackburn's David Bentley are among his targets, Keegan admits he's still in the search for new recuirts.

He said: "We have nobody in yet and it is not easy to get players in better than what we have got here.

"There are players there who possibly fit that criteria, but they are not available, so it is a case of trying to find someone who is available and fit the criteria we want, which is as good or better in some positions than what we have."

In the meantime, Keegan will send his side out against a Gunners team still smarting from their 5-1 Carling Cup semi-final drubbing by arch-rivals Spurs insisting they will be under orders to have a go.

He said: "We are going there to play them - you might think that's all I ever do.

"Trust me, if I thought it was right to go there and defend and block everybody behind the ball and try to have a backs-to-the-wall, 90-minute goalless draw, I would do it.

"But during my days at Liverpool, I learnt that if a team gave us 90 minutes to attack them in their half, one of us, with the ability we had, would open them up somewhere and create chances, or it might just be a deflection.

"We are going to play. That's what we will do and we will see how it goes."

Okay, so, in an ideal world we would all have liked a couple of reinforcements by now but seemingly with no apparent progress on the transfer front I was just wondering what people would be happy with.

Myself, I would be content with a much needed creative central midfielder. I'm confident that as soon as Beye and Faye are back we'll be solid enough defensively and I'm confident that, if anyone can, KK can bring the best out of Viduka/Owen/Oba

Slightly disappointed that it looks as if nobody is coming in, but not too bothered to be honest.

Keegan hasn't had a single game in charge yet with our full squad available, and it's still way too early to say how the players will adapt to the new playing style. After the rest of this season in charge he'll have a far better idea of who and what we really need and so hopefully we'll get some higher quality and more appropriate signings in the summer.

Guest Guinness

A big gamble if we don't bring in any midfielders I think.  Keegan is going to need much better performances from a number of players who haven't performed regularly for a long, long time (and good luck with injuries).

Agreed, I think we need at least a couple of players, hopefully we manage to make some sort of breakthrough.