Dennis Wise interviewed on NUFC.co.uk (page 23)

Guest Toon83
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDetail/0,,10273~1226951,00.html

We have agreed a compensation package with Newcastle United for the services of our manager Dennis Wise and he will part company with the club on Tuesday January 29 after completing the preparations for our game at Southend United that evening.

Newcastle had approached us for permission to speak with Dennis on Friday and since then things have happened very quickly.

We will always be grateful to Dennis for the way he has turned things around at the club on the playing side and he goes with our best wishes for the future.

We are not prepared to comment on the inevitable speculation that will now follow about who will replace Dennis. That is not the way we do our business at this club.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=509278&in_page_id=1779

Dennis Wise has emerged as a shock candidate to join Kevin Keegan in Mike Ashley's Newcastle revolution.

The Leeds manager is the leading contender to become director of football in a Europeanstyle management structure, working with Keegan on the recruitment of players and having authority over every aspect of the football side of the club except the first team.

could this happen?

If you remove the DoF bit from that story and see him in a different role then I could see that happening.  Wise might be a twat but there's no denying he's doing a good job at Leeds, by all accounts he's a good coach and his mentality and style of play would work well alongside Keegans.

Guest Brendan_Rice

I'm trying to find reasons to why Dennis Wise would be good in this position, I still haven't found one.

He has done well at Leeds, but has he got the pulling power to bring players in and sell the club to them.  I think that is the managers job and a possible position for Shearer.

Guest Stephen927

What about Sir Bobby as DoF ?

Nah, Bobby needs a break from the game, a well deserved break.

I haven't seen much to really suggest he is good as a manager to even think about having him as Director of Football.

these people who think that having a DOF guarantees success will be pleased with this one. Just think if everybody had a DOF they would have to make more trophies.  mackems.gif