Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

Guest interceptor

Haha you have to love KKs quote about Woody joining Spurs cos we're not in Europe....made me laugh anyway  ;D ;D

"Tottenham can offer him the chance to play in a cup final, they are in Europe - and the only way we're going to get into Europe is if we get on a ferry."

Don't know if this has been mentioned but Woodgate only trains a couple of days a week because his body can't take a normal training regime. He's totally fucked.

We're all desperate for players, understandably so, but I really think we've dodged the proverbial bullet here, no matter how good he was last time. He's 28 now too and already starting to struggle on the pitch as well as off it. We're better out of it.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but Woodgate only trains a couple of days a week because his body can't take a normal training regime. He's totally f*****.

We're all desperate for players, understandably so, but I really think we've dodged the proverbial bullet here, no matter how good he was last time. He's 28 now too and already starting to struggle on the pitch as well as off it. We're better out of it.

I'm with Wullie on this one

Guest diddimz

think its a stupid move for spurs, king and woodgate at cb would be a great pairing, but i dont think either of them will ever be fit at the same time, would be great to get van buyten instead now.

Been my thinking all the way through, if this leads to us pipping for Van Buyten instead then I will be ecstatic.

A fit Woodgate can be immense, but for the price and the state he is in, I think its silly money.

Van Buyten`s injury record  hasn`t been that impressive either in th last 2 seasons but would like to see him here

I'm well and truley over us missing out on Woody now - thing that hurt in the first place was Spurs appearing to have more pulling power than us.

Taking a step back though, Spurs seem to be operating in a similar way to how we did under SBR.  They are apparently close to getting Hutton today, with him and Woodgate costing them 16 million +.  Add this to the money they have spent over the last couple of years and they have spent a packet.

We did the same with sir bobby but had two or three years realising our potential in Champions League etc.  The way the Premiership is today I can't see them getting close to emulating this by signing these sort of players for this kind of money!

Don't know if this has been mentioned but Woodgate only trains a couple of days a week because his body can't take a normal training regime. He's totally fucked.

Rumour has it he's doing a Craig Moore, lashing it up all the time, and effectively telling Southgate to fuck off. By all accounts the wrong-faced Boro manager is properly fed up with him, and can't wait till he's away.

Guest Erich von Manstein

I'm well and truley over us missing out on Woody now - thing that hurt in the first place was Spurs appearing to have more pulling power than us.

Taking a step back though, Spurs seem to be operating in a similar way to how we did under SBR.  They are apparently close to getting Hutton today, with him and Woodgate costing them 16 million +.  Add this to the money they have spent over the last couple of years and they have spent a packet.

We did the same with sir bobby but had two or three years realising our potential in Champions League etc.  The way the Premiership is today I can't see them getting close to emulating this by signing these sort of players for this kind of money!

Weren't we rumoured to be in for Hutton?

Can't say I'm dissappointed at missing out on him also, speaking to my Rangers mate he has all the makings to be another Boumsong.

90% a toon player.

Personal terms agreed

Spurs offerd him 20k a week less than he was on.

Few glitches with boro to sort.

Hopefully will sign on monday.

Oh, look, another pile of shite.

Reading back through this thread is fucking hilarious.

I think he had 2nd thoughts before joining the circus.

Guest Erich von Manstein

90% a toon player.

Personal terms agreed

Oh, look, another pile of s****.

Reading back through this thread is f****** hilarious.

In all fairness the Beeb and other sources were claiming a deal between us and Woodgate was virtually a done deal.

Guest johnson293

From Todays Sun....

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article731975.ece

Woody's not your saviour

By MARTIN BLACKBURN

Published: Today

JONATHAN WOODGATE’S arrival in North London is unlikely to provide a quick fix for Tottenham’s defensive woes.

The Middlesbrough defender has opted for a £7.25million move to White Hart Lane and will sign a 3½-year deal today.

Yet the 28-year-old has endured an injury-hit second season at the Riverside and has not played since New Year’s Day.

So it seems unthinkable he would be pressed straight into action at Goodison Park by his new boss Juande Ramos on Wednesday.

And it would be risky to hand him his debut in their rematch with Manchester United at White Hart Lane on Saturday.

Spurs could certainly do with him.

Michael Dawson’s red card for handball yesterday means he will be missing, while Ledley King was given the weekend off.

His troublesome knee is not up to two games in a week yet.

It was left to midfielder Tom Huddlestone to fill in at the back at Old Trafford but it is not an ideal solution.

Ramos refused to comment on the impending arrival of Woodgate following their FA Cup defeat but his price tag represents a gamble.

Woodgate enjoyed an impressive and relatively injury-free first season with his hometown club after joining on loan from Real Madrid in summer 2006.

But things have not gone so well since a permanent move to Boro in the summer and he has even been jeered by his own fans.

In recent weeks, he has been sidelined by injury.

In fact Woodgate has made only 187 league appearances in a decade with Leeds, Newcastle, Real Madrid and Boro.

If he can recapture the form of last season, Woodgate will be a valuable player for Spurs.

However, he is unlikely to provide an instant remedy.

90% a toon player.

Personal terms agreed

Oh, look, another pile of s****.

Reading back through this thread is f****** hilarious.

In all fairness the Beeb and other sources were claiming a deal between us and Woodgate was virtually a done deal.

Yup, so the "ITK's" read The Sun. listen to Talk Fucking Sport, and then pretend they have an inside scoop.

Fucking hilarious when it turns out they knew sod all, all along.

losing woodgate, be that a good or a bad thing, leads me to beg the question: can keegan identify another defender with equal or more ability?  he never really managed it last time in his heyday

i'm just terrified by this "established PL players" garbage we're spouting out...the best defenders you can buy are probably argies, italians and germans...that's where we need to be looking

personally argies or germans for me as they'd be more likely to settle

If Woody stays fit we will have one of the best defences personell wise in the country;

Woodgate

Faye

Enrique

Beye

Taylor

Cacapa

Rozehnal

Carr

FPMSL

Not sure what FPMSL means but I hope it means what a load of drivel, or words to that effect.

losing woodgate, be that a good or a bad thing, leads me to beg the question: can keegan identify another defender with equal or more ability?  he never really managed it last time in his heyday

i'm just terrified by this "established PL players" garbage we're spouting out...the best defenders you can buy are probably argies, italians and germans...that's where we need to be looking

personally argies or germans for me as they'd be more likely to settle

garay would be ideal

Man City or Villa? cant be anyone else.

Dunno they did not name the club, named us and Spurs but said a third club have stepped in and have had a fee agreed, its now up to Woodgate to decide where he wants to go.