Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

If Woody stays fit we will have one of the best defences personell wise in the country;

Woodgate

Faye

Enrique

Beye

Taylor

Cacapa

Rozehnal

Carr

FPMSL

Not sure what FPMSL means but I hope it means what a load of drivel, or words to that effect.

Fucking Piss Myself Laughing. And yes, at the drivel above. One of the best defences personnel wise in the country :lol:

Only if that country is Andorra.

Typical NM. Making ridiculas attempts at insulting people without any clever arguement or facts. Using words like Drivel to strengthen your arguement because you think you sound like an experianced, knowledgeable, hard, newcastle fan.

How about you get your head out your own arse and put up some simple arguement. I don't care that you disagree. It's the fact you wander through this forum making bullshit negative comments without any sort of substance.

If you disagree with what i have said then by all means say but please dont act like a complete cunt 24/7 because its boring.

Expand......................................

I disagree with what you are saying about our defence. I cannot see how anyone can state that Carr, Cacapa, Enrique and Rozenhal are amongst "the best" personell in the league. Frankly, i don't think any of our defenders are in that bracket, but at least Taylor,  Beye and Faye have shown the ability to do well for us, to varying degrees.

If I am to be slated for "making bullshit negative comments without any sort of substance", then you should be held to task for making farcical positive statements based on no genuine substance.

Oh, and if me being "a cunt 24/7" bores you - good.

Wey hey, you do no how to argue. I can quite happily except being wrong because i am by no means "my opinions the only opinion" type of person. Why you couldn't have said something along those lines in the first place i don't know, instead of FPMSL.

Anyway back to topic, fair do's maybe i went over bored with my positivity. However, i believe that with those players i mentioned in the squad we would at least have a european standard defence, if compared to the likes of Blackburn, Man city etc. Certainly far from a laughing stock.

I believe our defensive problems are not to do with personell but more down to consistancy, communication, poor cover and teamwork.

It's Arsenal.

SPURS  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

:lol: He will go there for sure, poor little Spuds..

mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

Why the outburst of joy? I'm not too fussed if does go to Spurs, with the injury problesm he's had.

If Woody stays fit we will have one of the best defences personell wise in the country;

Woodgate

Faye

Enrique

Beye

Taylor

Cacapa

Rozehnal

Carr

FPMSL

Not sure what FPMSL means but I hope it means what a load of drivel, or words to that effect.

Fucking Piss Myself Laughing. And yes, at the drivel above. One of the best defences personnel wise in the country :lol:

Typical NM. Making ridiculas attempts at insulting people without any clever arguement or facts. Using words like Drivel to strengthen your arguement because you think you sound like an experianced, knowledgeable, hard, newcastle fan.

How about you get your head out your own arse and put up some simple arguement. I don't care that you disagree. It's the fact you wander through this forum making bullshit negative comments without any sort of substance.

If you disagree with what i have said then by all means say but please dont act like a complete cunt 24/7 because its boring.

I disagree with what you are saying about our defence. I cannot see how anyone can state that Carr, Cacapa, Enrique and Rozenhal are amongst "the best" personell in the league. Frankly, i don't think any of our defenders are in that bracket, but at least Taylor,  Beye and Faye have shown the ability to do well for us, to varying degrees.

If I am to be slated for "making bullshit negative comments without any sort of substance", then you should be held to task for making farcical positive statements based on no genuine substance.

Wey hey, you do no how to argue. I can quite happily except being wrong because i am by no means "my opinions the only opinion" type of person. Why you couldn't have said something along those lines in the first place i don't know, instead of FPMSL.

Anyway back to topic, fair do's maybe i went over bored with my positivity. However, i believe that with those players i mentioned in the squad we would at least have a european standard defence, if compared to the likes of Blackburn, Man city etc. Certainly far from a laughing stock.

I believe our defensive problems are not to do with personell but more down to consistancy, communication, poor cover and teamwork.

I think some of the problems between Faye/Taylor/Beye/Enrique (especially Faye and Enrique/Taylor) are definately about communictaion, and a general understanding of each other's style of play, strengths and weaknesses etc. Faye has notably been getting caught out of position a fair bit - not in a Titus Bramble "I have fuck all idea where I am, or what i am doing" way, but more in a "whops i seem to be standing here on my own" type of way. But those issues will come with a good run of games, better training, and a midfield in front of them not staffed by retards.

If we had backup defenders of the quality of Beye, Faye and Taylor (or in some cases better, and soem of those 3 were the backup), then yes, i think we'd have a defence that would hold its own at 6th/7th. Enrique is an enigma, as he has shown some glimpses of being pretty good, and equally some worrying traits. Time will tell on which side of the fence he falls.

However, i think that even as backup (and bearing in mind that injuries/suspensions/loss of form/etc WILL take their toll on our "first" back 4), Carr, Rozenhal and Cacapa aren't for me, good enough to step into the breach and do sufficiently well. Neither Taylor nor Faye, at the moment, appear able of carrying the likes of Rozenhal or the random Cacapa, for example, and they would need carrying i think.

I think there is a difference between being good enough, and not being a laughing stock, and outside of a relatively ok (certainly 6/7th at the moment) first defensive line-up, I don't think we are good enough defensively to play at that level over the course of a season with current personnel.

Woodgate

Faye

Enrique

Beye

Taylor

Cacapa

Rozehnal

Carr

FPMSL

I think some of the problems between Faye/Taylor/Beye/Enrique (especially Faye and Enrique/Taylor) are definately about communictaion, and a general understanding of each other's style of play, strengths and weaknesses etc. Faye has notably been getting caught out of position a fair bit - not in a Titus Bramble "I have fuck all idea where I am, or what i am doing" way, but more in a "whops i seem to be standing here on my own" type of way. But those issues will come with a good run of games, better training, and a midfield in front of them not staffed by retards.

If we had backup defenders of the quality of Beye, Faye and Taylor (or in some cases better, and soem of those 3 were the backup), then yes, i think we'd have a defence that would hold its own at 6th/7th. Enrique is an enigma, as he has shown some glimpses of being pretty good, and equally some worrying traits. Time will tell on which side of the fence he falls.

However, i think that even as backup (and bearing in mind that injuries/suspensions/loss of form/etc WILL take their toll on our "first" back 4), Carr, Rozenhal and Cacapa aren't for me, good enough to step into the breach and do sufficiently well. Neither Taylor nor Faye, at the moment, appear able of carrying the likes of Rozenhal or the random Cacapa, for example, and they would need carrying i think.

I think there is a difference between being good enough, and not being a laughing stock, and outside of a relatively ok (certainly 6/7th at the moment) first defensive line-up, I don't think we are good enough defensively to play at that level over the course of a season with current personnel.

I agree with nearly all of that but i think Carr's improved massively under Keegan and at least looks a competant prem RB and Cacapa's capable too. I don't particularly rate Rozehnal but have hopes for Enrique.

Woodgate

Faye

Enrique

Beye

Taylor

Cacapa

Rozehnal

Carr

FPMSL

I agree with nearly all of that but i think Carr's improved massively under Keegan and at least looks a competant prem RB and Cacapa's capable too. I don't particularly rate Rozehnal but have hopes for Enrique.

to be fair i dont think i've seen carr have a particularly bad game this season

Just arrived at Spurs, wenger not getting a look in. :lol:

“I do not know where that story came from,” Wenger wrote in his programme notes for Tuesday’s game against Newcastle United.

“There is no truth in it at all. We have never been in touch with Middlesbrough about Jonathan Woodgate.”

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Football/2008/01/28/Premier-League-Wenger-on-Woodgate-reports/

Woodgate

Faye

Enrique

Beye

Taylor

Cacapa

Rozehnal

Carr

FPMSL

A couple of decent games for Carr isn;t going to gloss over the fact that he has proven incapable in the vast majority of games he has played. If he proves me wrong, all the better, but i don't expect his "good" (i.e. not a shit as he used to be) form to continue too long, if i'm brutally honest.

Enrique is going to be interesting, but its too early to say whether he'll be good enough or not (not helped by the fact that fucking Allardyce chose not to play him), but time will tell.

I don't have an awful lot of time for Cacapa. You don't go from being captain to only playing a handful of games in one season by getting better, and he has looked very dubious most times i've seen him. Not like a Bramble or Boumsong, but not good enough. Rozenhal has been found out, for me. lightweight, ineffectual and clueless - three words i'd cast freely at him.

HOWEVER, compared to recent years, our defence is far better, and now that we have a better manager than Allardyce, and therefore better tactics, i expect them to (a) play together, and (b) grow as a unit. I like Beye, Taylor, Faye and Enrique (with earlier-mentioned caveats) as a group, and genuinely hope they get time to prove themselves good enough. If they prove they are NOT, then I fully expect them to be criticised and dropped. If we are to be positive and not a complete negative cunt (moi?), then we also have to be honest when players are NOT good enough - and move away from the fallacy that signing or NUFC suddenly makes you great. It doesn't, and there is a trail of broken players behind us that prove it.

A couple of decent games for Carr isn;t going to gloss over the fact that he has proven incapable in the vast majority of games he has played. If he proves me wrong, all the better, but i don't expect his "good" (i.e. not a shit as he used to be) form to continue too long, if i'm brutally honest.

Enrique is going to be interesting, but its too early to say whether he'll be good enough or not (not helped by the fact that fucking Allardyce chose not to play him), but time will tell.

I don't have an awful lot of time for Cacapa. You don't go from being captain to only playing a handful of games in one season by getting better, and he has looked very dubious most times i've seen him. Not like a Bramble or Boumsong, but not good enough. Rozenhal has been found out, for me. lightweight, ineffectual and clueless - three words i'd cast freely at him.

HOWEVER, compared to recent years, our defence is far better, and now that we have a better manager than Allardyce, and therefore better tactics, i expect them to (a) play together, and (b) grow as a unit. I like Beye, Taylor, Faye and Enrique (with earlier-mentioned caveats) as a group, and genuinely hope they get time to prove themselves good enough. If they prove they are NOT, then I fully expect them to be criticised and dropped. If we are to be positive and not a complete negative cunt (moi?), then we also have to be honest when players are NOT good enough - and move away from the fallacy that signing or NUFC suddenly makes you great. It doesn't, and there is a trail of broken players behind us that prove it.

Would not argue with any of that.

Would not argue with any of that.

spoil sport.

Gutted about Woodgate. Never wanted to see him go, so close to resigning him, and now we have to put up with more poor to average defending in the meantime whilst we can only hope we sign someone as good as Woody.

Enrique looks dodgey to me. Decent player all round, but he looks like he has no recovery pace at all, and seems to be running around with heavy weights in his boots - to put simply, he has poor acceleration and is slow off the mark. I think hes a liability waiting to get exposed, as soon as he comes up against a right winger with pace hes going to struggle.

Almost like a fullback version of Milner. Hes going to need to be a good footballer, good positionally, and have consistency in his game, to compensate for a lack of what is a pretty vital attribute in that area of the pitch.

Gutted about Woodgate. Never wanted to see him go, so close to resigning him, and now we have to put up with more poor to average defending in the meantime whilst we can only hope we sign someone as good as Woody.

Enrique looks dodgey to me. Decent player all round, but he looks like he has no recovery pace at all, and seems to be running around with heavy weights in his boots - to put simply, he has poor acceleration and is slow off the mark. I think hes a liability waiting to get exposed, as soon as he comes up against a right winger with pace hes going to struggle.

Almost like a fullback version of Milner. Hes going to need to be a good footballer, good positionally, and have consistency in his game, to compensate for a lack of what is a pretty vital attribute in that area of the pitch.

I thought he looked quite nippy the times i have seen him.

Guest Spurs_from_Africa

That picture of Woodgate just looks so wrong. Looks like his head has been photoshopped onto the shirt :lol:.

And mate, get a fuckin haircut.  :lol: