Spurs sign Jonathan Woodgate

Leazes1986

and he`s already injured :D

----------

TOTTENHAM beat Aston Villa last night when they finally landed centre-back Jonathan Woodgate — and he is already crocked!

Woodgate has a hamstring problem that could keep him out for a fortnight.

And fans fear he could be another Darren Anderton, dubbed Sicknote during his Spurs days because of his injury woes.

http://thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article737590.ece

Probably making mountains out of molehills here, but anyone think Mort or Ashley's had a word with Keegan about putting us down just a bit? On Saturday he was quoted saying he couldn't get Woodgate because we had no cup final or European football to offer...yet by yesterday's interview he was saying how had he had a bit longer he reckons he could have signed him, but he'd already shook hands with Spurs about a deal before Keegan came in.

I used to love Woodgate, me, but now he's played for the two teams I have the least time for in the league in the Beasts/Spurs... wouldn't mind if he never played a game for them.

Sort of agree, he was someone I thought of quite highly even though he turned us down to go to Boro, him turning us down for a second time has really pushed him down in my book.

He won't get a round of applause off me if he comes back with Spurs.

I used to love Woodgate, me, but now he's played for the two teams I have the least time for in the league in the Beasts/Spurs... wouldn't mind if he never played a game for them.

Sort of agree, he was someone I thought of quite highly even though he turned us down to go to Boro, him turning us down for a second time has really pushed him down in my book.

He won't get a round of applause off me if he comes back with Spurs.

It's not so much the turning down as I can understand him wanting to go to his hometown club anyway, let alone the fact we had Roeder/Shepherd et. al. running the circus. We weren't exactly going places.

And I'm not sure if he's even turned us down this time.

It's quite simply the fact that he's a player I admire/like to watch who is playing/has played for two truly nasty teams in a row now (I'm not exactly a Real fan, either), which makes it difficult to appreciate anything good that he does/want him to succeed, much like with Berbatov - another who I think is class.

Tbf it sounds like Woody had already agreed terms with Spurs before we even come in for him. Its sounds like Boro tried creating a bidding war but by the time we entered Woody was 90% a spurs player already.

So? If he'd have wanted to come here he'd have came. Fair enough if he prefers the Spurs move but it's not like he didn't have a choice.

Tbf it sounds like Woody had already agreed terms with Spurs before we even come in for him. Its sounds like Boro tried creating a bidding war but by the time we entered Woody was 90% a spurs player already.

Probably true.  The first mention of Woodgate from an ITK was 2nd Jan, though he wasn't the first choice option.  But even if he was further down the pecking order, the contact still had to be made, was he available, would he move south etc.

If the rumour about us coming in too late for him (after he shook hands on a move to Spurs) is true and he turned us down for that reason, then fair play to the bloke in my book.

I'm fairly certain we'd be paying him more than Spurs would and that he'd be the main man in the defence here, which he won't be at Spurs if King is ever fit again.

Guest kingdawson

He's in the Spurs squad to play Everton tomorrow according to the official site

Yep but King isnt (your probably right about the injury Martin Jol).

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article737590.ece

TOTTENHAM beat Aston Villa last night when they finally landed centre-back Jonathan Woodgate — and he is already crocked!

Woodgate has a hamstring problem that could keep him out for a fortnight.

And fans fear he could be another Darren Anderton, dubbed Sicknote during his Spurs days because of his injury woes.

woodgate

BIG DATE ... Woody at Spurs

Tottenham have shelled out £7million to Middlesbrough for Woodgate, 28.

The defender has been plagued by injuries but passed a stringent medical on Sunday night.

Spurs had to resist a late bid from Villa for him yesterday.

Woody signed a 3½-year contract with a two-year option in a deal that could be worth as much as £65,000 a week.

Spurs boss Juande Ramos has been searching for a dominant centre-half to partner Ledley King.

Defender Michael Dawson is suspended for tomorrow’s Everton clash after his FA Cup red card at Manchester United.