One year ago today...

Nicky

F* Shite! I can't believe this!!! Slap me mama I must still be dreaming!

What da F* are we doing??? Roeder talks about signing young English Talents and this is who we sign? Going back on your word again aye Glenn?  :wullie: We got rid of Boumsong and Faye and we buy Sibierski. I ask, is this a step forward???

Glenny do you have a fetish for midfielders??? WE FARKING NEED DEFENDERS!!! NOT MORE MIDFIELDERS!!!!!

Jesus help us. I'm off to cry now....

The way I see this transfer is this - if we had really wanted him then we would have had no trouble signing him earlier in the off-season.  He was not a Citeh regular from what I can see and this would not be a case of not wanting to part with someone from a settled squad.  Accordingly, I can see no other option but a last minute panic buy, simply to have someone in reserve who has ever scored a goal in the premiership. 

Utter cr*p 

soapbox.gif :banghead: drunk2.gif    :bigbro:  rip.gif

After what I was expecting this has to be the most underwhelming transfer for a long time. There's no way even Oliver can put a positive spin on this one.

I don't think you're giving the man enough credit - if there's one man who can make manure smell like perfume, it's our good friend Anal :lol:

So no powerful striker, no Centre-half, no Fullbacks, but a midfielder who's a reserve at Manchester City to 'strengthen' our already huge midfield?...

Yes thats correct.

It's as I said in my 'Freddy Shepherd.......the price on the ticket' post yesterday. The club is skint, top managers knew that and wouldn't touch us with a barge pole. Roeder is being used as a fall guy and his words and promises are proving as empty as those of FS.    It's downhill from here for 3 years unless this takeover materialises

If anyone still thinks we are a big club, look at who we signed yesterday.

Pathetic, from Roeder AND Shepherd.

Still, we'll get our scarves in a bit. Then we can get behind the lads, be the extra man, and cheer us to a top 6 finish.  bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

It's as I said in my 'Freddy Shepherd.......the price on the ticket' post yesterday. The club is skint, top managers knew that and wouldn't touch us with a barge pole. Roeder is being used as a fall guy and his words and promises are proving as empty as those of FS.    It's downhill from here for 3 years unless this takeover materialises

We definitely are skint. But maybe Roeder just couldn't get the right players in for the right prices. Maybe that's why we're saving up for January. But anyways, we're skint. The fact that we had to ask to Chelsea to loan Bridge to us till January proves that we're skint.

Guest Armchair Pundit

I've had a thought...

Perhaps the real reason we've not spent on transfers is down to this propsed takeover by the Belgravia Group. Maybe Fat Freddy didn't want to dip in to the money because he's hoping the club will be bought out and he wanted a bigger profit from it rather than spending on new signings? Maybe this whole thing of loaning until January is because the club's looking like being taken over by then at which point it'll be Belgravia Group's money that is spent getting players in, not the current owners? I guess we can live in hope but it's going to be a bleak few months until then and we've lost no-end of ground and what little rep we had by letting all these smaller clubs overtake us - for now we truly are a small time, mediocre club, in the Prem to make up the numbers  bluesigh.gif

Guest The Fox

Would not be surprised if its tied into a sell out.

There is no way you can justify this signing in a football sense, although I understand he has been injured recently so fits the bill.

I've had a thought...

Perhaps the real reason we've not spent on transfers is down to this propsed takeover by the Belgravia Group. Maybe Fat Freddy didn't want to dip in to the money because he's hoping the club will be bought out and he wanted a bigger profit from it rather than spending on new signings? Maybe this whole thing of loaning until January is because the club's looking like being taken over by then at which point it'll be Belgravia Group's money that is spent getting players in, not the current owners? I guess we can live in hope but it's going to be a bleak few months until then and we've lost no-end of ground and what little rep we had by letting all these smaller clubs overtake us - for now we truly are a small time, mediocre club, in the Prem to make up the numbers  bluesigh.gif

Why will it be a bleak few months? Our team (first team that is) is better than last year's. Alright we have no squad but we should still be able to do fine in the league. We might suffer a bit in the cups but I'm willing to bet that we'll be 6th or thereabouts come January.

Guest The Fox

For a start other sides have dramatically improved their squads. Then we have 1 striker not interested (Luque), one striker with injury problems (Ameobi), a Man U resereve (Rossi) and Martins (already injured).

Add to that the fact that we dont have one top quality defender and no cover at left back.

It does not take much common sense to realise that the season ahead will not be successful.

For a start other sides have dramatically improved their squads. Then we have 1 striker not interested (Luque), one striker with injury problems (Ameobi), a Man U resereve (Rossi) and Martins (already injured).

Add to that the fact that we dont have one top quality defender and no cover at left back.

It does not take much common sense to realise that the season ahead will not be successful.

Everything comes down to Roeder's ability as a manager now. If he's as shitty as the pessimistic lot says he is, we'll find out soon enough.

I've had a thought...

Perhaps the real reason we've not spent on transfers is down to this propsed takeover by the Belgravia Group. Maybe Fat Freddy didn't want to dip in to the money because he's hoping the club will be bought out and he wanted a bigger profit from it rather than spending on new signings? Maybe this whole thing of loaning until January is because the club's looking like being taken over by then at which point it'll be Belgravia Group's money that is spent getting players in, not the current owners? I guess we can live in hope but it's going to be a bleak few months until then and we've lost no-end of ground and what little rep we had by letting all these smaller clubs overtake us - for now we truly are a small time, mediocre club, in the Prem to make up the numbers 

We will be struggling to get out of the bottom four by then. Id call Trevor Brooking ahead of time.

This is the worst signing on face value that i can ever remember, being a Newcastle fan. All my City mates are in stitches or out rejoicing. He is useless, he has played in every position across midfield and upfront and has been utter gash in each of them. The only good thing about him is that he is apparently excellent in training, but has never produced on the pitch.

Like the rest of the country im in absolute shock, still over this one. At least with Barnes and Rush they both had done something, or been good players before they came here. One mancity fan actually told me he hated Sibierski more than Roy Keane, he was so shite.

Im at a complete loss, he brings us nothing but a bigger wage bill, i hope he proves everyone wrong, but there is no basis to think that is possible.

What a ******* mess.

Roeder an absolute jerk.

Promises not kept, and we now have a prat who can't get into Man City's side - who's agent lumbered us with Boumsong and Faye.

Says it all.

Sooner the takeover happens and get rid of fat twat and his dithering choice of manager thre better.

We will go no were with SHepherd and seemingly Roeder i hope we are taken over.

Sibierski is the biggest joke i have ever heard. Cant fit into a relegation side i am not just angry i am seriously worried

Roeders record 7th then relegated i think this is a very scary possibilty.

Im sure he also said i wouldnt panic buy

So sibierski was in his plans all along

Ashton Klose Viduka Defoe Nugent Kuyt were all just smoke screens

and the worst thing is we actually paid for him i would rather have had Jason Euell

We will be struggling to get out of the bottom four by then. Id call Trevor Brooking ahead of time.

Why don't you think

Martins --- Rossi/Shola

Nzogbia/Duff--------------------emre----------Parker----------Solano/Milner

Babayaro------------------Taylor------------Moore-------------Carr

--------------------------------Given

Can do enough to get us at the very least midtable ? If they can't then it's definatly the players fault as they are all of a good enough quality and have played enough Premiership football (bar 1) to get us there.