Level 7

Yorkie

"... you may not bring into (or use within) the Stadium any equipment that is capable of recording or transmitting any audio or visual or audio-visual material..."

That's on the back of the ticket... :undecided:

My Dad phoned the club once to ask if he could take his camera into the ground (granted its one of those £800 massive things rather than a little digital one) and he was told, bizarrely, that only away supporters were allowed to bring them in - and only then with permission.

Ridic

"... you may not bring into (or use within) the Stadium any equipment that is capable of recording or transmitting any audio or visual or audio-visual material..."

That's on the back of the ticket... :undecided:

haha that rule is strictly re-inforced within the ground like.  I've never seen anyone take photos or videos with a camera phone in SJP.

Its stupid not being allowed to take photos ffs, some people only get over every so often and want something to remember the place by.

Well I was over about 3 weeks ago all the way from Aus and wanted to take photos.

Had to take them with my phone.

Guest toonlass

I once saw this Japanese bloke get removed from the leazes end front section(row CC) because he had a flashy camera(as Japanese people tend to have) with the long lense thingy on and the official photographers complained and had him removed from the ground.

Guest toonlass

Why do Japanese people have to take photos of everything?

They all have amnesia and so need the photos to remember every aspect of their life.

Guest Erich von Manstein

Quality. What's it like being next to the away fans?

Depends who you're playing - my ST is SJH L7 and fairly close to the away fans.

Against teams such as Bolton, Wigan and Fulham who always bring poor numbers it's nothing special. Always enjoyable against the likes of Everton, Sunderland, Man Utd and Liverpool who travel in numbers and give good vocal backing.

Got a nice view of Marks and Spencers beyond the East Stand to boot.

Having actually experienced it now, i have to say, it's immediately jumped to number one in the Place-i'm-most-likely-to-get-a-season-ticket-for Scale; and that's having sampled each area of the ground bar the Leazes End. The view is just special. At the top of the stairs, looking out of Access 8 from inside, and you can just see the glass wall of the Leazes and then that panoramic view of Newcastle, then coming out and seeing the entire stadium, it really makes you appreciate the place.

Awesome, awesome view. And even though i was on the Milburn side of the away support, the atmosphere was great; and it was only Boro. I can imagine it's a bit like that for most games.

Having actually experienced it now, i have to say, it's immediately jumped to number one in the Place-i'm-most-likely-to-get-a-season-ticket-for Scale; and that's having sampled each area of the ground bar the Leazes End. The view is just special. At the top of the stairs, looking out of Access 8 from inside, and you can just see the glass wall of the Leazes and then that panoramic view of Newcastle, then coming out and seeing the entire stadium, it really makes you appreciate the place.

Awesome, awesome view. And even though i was on the Milburn side of the away support, the atmosphere was great; and it was only Boro. I can imagine it's a bit like that for most games.

Give the lad a tissue.

whats it like?

I thought it was really good. People complain about being too far away from the pitch, but when you're there and you've experienced it, i don't really see what the complaints are about. I was something like 12 rows from the very top and i could still make out the players. And you can see every single inch of the pitch perfectly. Lets you see the tactical side of the game aswell, which is interesting if you're not playing long-ball...

And the view in general, panorama over Newcastle, every single stand. It's a gorgeous stadium. Brilliant.

I've been a few times this season, six times overall now, but that one the other day felt most like 'my first time' again, if you get what i mean. Thought it was really good.

The atmosphere was really good aswell cos the fans were trying to outsing each other, being next to the away fans and all that.

whats it like?

I've been a few times this season, six times overall now, but that one the other day felt most like 'my first time' again, if you get what i mean. Thought it was really good.

Level seven,

watched for the very first time,

Level se-e-e-even,

Where their fans sit,

Next to mine.

Why do Japanese people have to take photos of everything?

They all have amnesia and so need the photos to remember every aspect of their life.

They also have their cameras set to 'letterbox aspect' so it looks just as they remember it.

It isnt really, but good atmosphere up there, when i was there a few times last season the atmosphere was awful at times. I noticed the Boro game was an excellent atmosphere up there as i was sitting down in Level 4 for that one

Guest toonlass

I sit/stand/sit/stand in the leazes level 7 next to the away fans, and I prefer it to anywhere in the ground. People who don't sit there all say its crap but you get a good perspective of the game because you can see the movement of the players better, and unless you are blind(in which case it wouldn't matter where you sat I suppose) you can make out the players/game fine. The atmosphere is better than anywhere else in the ground too cos we sing all through the game.

I sit/stand/sit/stand in the leazes level 7 next to the away fans, and I prefer it to anywhere in the ground. People who don't sit there all say its crap but you get a good perspective of the game because you can see the movement of the players better, and unless you are blind(in which case it wouldn't matter where you sat I suppose) you can make out the players/game fine. The atmosphere is better than anywhere else in the ground too cos we sing all through the game.

By the way has anybody heard anything about the club saying they're going to enforce that people in level 7 sit down and if people don't comply they'll have their season cards removed. T'was in the Chronicle apparently!!!!

By the way has anybody heard anything about the club saying they're going to enforce that people in level 7 sit down and if people don't comply they'll have their season cards removed. T'was in the Chronicle apparently!!!!

Was speaking to a mate who stewards up in Leazes lvl 7, and she was saying that Sir Alex has requested that the clubs makes sure everyone sits down for the Man U game. She said they going through with this, so there's going to be more stewards and that anyone standing will be hoyed out.

Was speaking to a mate who stewards up in Leazes lvl 7, and she was saying that Sir Alex has requested that the clubs makes sure everyone sits down for the Man U game. She said they going through with this, so there's going to be more stewards and that anyone standing will be hoyed out.

Gonna be a hell of a lot of people turfed out then, the whole block where I stand next to the away fans stands and everytime they've tried to enforce it before we've sat down then sang the old 'stand up if you love the toon etc etc' and then we're standing again!!!! Gonna be fun.

Why's he getting involved anyway? Aren't Man U fan just as bad when they're away from home?

Remind me why the photographs were taken away from the gallery on here, was is it down to a threat from the club?

Well it shouldn't be because of the club. I took the photos myself and there was nothing anywhere to indicate that I shouldn't take them.

If they don't want people taking photos then they should put up signs and make people aware of this. I've never seen anything in all the years I've been going.

I think you'll find if you read the club rules and regulations you aren't actually allowed to take photographs inside the ground.

I've been going to watch Newcastle for over half my life and have never yet seen these club rules and regulations.

Care to point me in the right direction?

Have you got a link for where you've read this? Not doubting you, just curious as to what these regulations are.

I thought the only rules and regulations we had were "Turn up whatever the weather, sing your heart out and cheer like a b#stard if we score".

The ground rules are printed and posted in the ground, next to the turnstiles, next to the entrances to the seating area in the concourses. Always have been and include things such as no swearing, no racist abuse and no photography.

A pro looking camera will get your noticed, but you can take photo's before and after kick off and during the HT break, if you camera looks as though it has a zoom lens then you will probably get told to put it away, they have no rights to take it off you but they can ask you to leave the stadium.

The press/media pay for the rights to take photo's, its the same at a music gig, thats why we get shit for doing it.