King Kev bigs up the Zog

Skirge

Squad...knew it, didn't type it.

Roster. :lol:

:lol:

Only a matter of time before N'Zogbia is the NO.1 left wideout on the depth chart tbh.

Exactly, we're slightly more than a week away from the Super Bowl. The hype is setting into my subconscious.

Gonna be the worst superbowl ever.

It'll be doing well to be worse than Seattle vs Pittsburgh tbf, absolutely rubbish game.

My opinion is invalid, because I'm in NY and I'm completely swept up in it all, but I honestly think it's going to be one of the better ones in recent memory. Maybe not STL-TEN caliber, but approaching.

Dyer was a better player at 21 than N'Zogbia is now, it's up to Zoggy to live up to the potential he's got which is something Dyer never did, we were saying this about Zog 2 years ago so he needs to get his act together.

Dyer was a better player at 21 than N'Zogbia is now, it's up to Zoggy to live up to the potential he's got which is something Dyer never did, we were saying this about Zog 2 years ago so he needs to get his act together.

This is true - let's remember the 20 million pound offers that were supposedly on the way from Man Utd et al to get their hands on Dyer.  He was shit hot at the time.  Zoggy can be great, but he's still a ways from being viewed in the same light Dyer was back then.

I don't care how Keiron Dyer was rated by other people.

Charles N'Zogbia has far more too his game. He can pass, cross, he's not afraid to take on players and shoot. However he is still very raw and needs to not only find a position for himself but fine tune his game too, i.e more assists and more goals from midfield.

He has bright future but we've seen it all before up here.

I think Keegan's brand of football will make the likes of Zog and Martins look 10 x the players they have been under Allardyce. I'm one of those on here who didn't slag Dyer's footballing ability either because I knew what we'd be like when he left.

I think Keegan's brand of football will make the likes of Zog and Martins look 10 x the players they have been under Allardyce.

Me too. A bit of consistancy and confidence will seem them flourish.

I amk excited about the future as all our sreatve midfilders will be  playing out of postions or warming the bench. I am looking forward for Emer to be honest we didn't see the best of him and I wanna see the best of him in extended run of games.

Dyer was terrbile at Zogy age all his off the field antics the scandel he was with Rio and Lampard while they recover from that and be good player he never did and be a an average player. The sky is the limit for zoggy if he keepss improving.

“You’ve got to have players who can pass the ball well, but if you haven’t got players who can go past an opponent and open teams you, then you’ve got a problem.

“I think we have got those players in N’Zogbia, Damien Duff and James Milner. "

Thank FCUK for that.  :clap:

This is exactly what Sam couldn't seem to see with our midfield.

Packing the middle of the park with Smith, Butt and Geremi was killing us, and we only had an outlet on the wings. Even then, as he played people on the wrong wings, we weren't going past anyone as we were just cutting inside all the time without having to beat our man.

Things are looking up again.

Charles N'Zogbia has far more too his game. He can pass, cross, he's not afraid to take on players and shoot. However he is still very raw and needs to not only find a position for himself but fine tune his game too, i.e more assists and more goals from midfield.

Am I the only person who seem to think his passing is atrocious? Loved watching him passing the ball straight out of play under no pressure at all.

not sure there's another player around like zog in the league right now - he's pure directness (real word?) going forward...lennons the only comparable player but presently he doesn't appear to have the goals/fitness/direct play to match zog despite playing in a much better footballing team

there's no farting about from the lad, the moment he gets the ball he's trying to beat whoever is in front of him to get in a position to cross or shoot...his crosses almost always cause the opposition problems and he's a powerful, direct shot...contract his play to duff!!!

as keegan says today, get a midfielder who can actually pass the ball to the lad so he doesn't have to do EVERYTHING himself and we've got something special on our hands...he could truly be a top class player on the wing, in the middle he's TOO direct a player and as others have said his passing isn't good enough to be in the middle...on the wing that doesn't matter as much

Am I the only person who seem to think his passing is atrocious? Loved watching him passing the ball straight out of play under no pressure at all.

No

Dyer is by far a better player and the passing ability is one of the biggest diffrents in Dyers advantages.

Agree that it time for Zog to shine. he need to train to pass and he need to learn when to attack a player and when to pass.

Dyer at the same age was a better player.

But hopefully we'll see a lot better of The Zog than we did of Dyer.

Zoogy does not have half the ego Dyer had, Charles will never be that kind of player. He has had plenty hype already to get over excited about and he has'nt, nothing appears to cheers him up, dunno if he is that miserable or just really really shy.

One thing for sure though he will keep his feet on the ground and just play his game..

I dont know about that, N'zogbia seems to have a fair fucking ego on him, as much as i love him as a player

Dyer having a better footballing brain was the big difference between him as a kid and Zoggy now, he knew when to pass and when to be greedy, his off the ball movement in and around the box was far superior too.

Guest Ridzuan

I like Dyer more than I like Zoggy,but I am not saying that Zoggy is a bad player,he is good but Dyer is better,only that he is injury prone.As for Zoggy,he needs to smile more,yes smile more damn it.

I like Dyer more than I like Zoggy,but I am not saying that Zoggy is a bad player,he is good but Dyer is better,only that he is injury prone.As for Zoggy,he needs to smile more,yes smile more damn it.

So, you determine a players talent on how much he smiles? 

just don't see it myself....in all the areas that matter; crossing, shooting, tacking, defending zog has more threat and more ability for a midfielder

dyer is arguably a better passer but that's more a difference in their style rather than dyer being way above him, dyer is a fairly average passer of the ball...i'd say zog is a more effective dribbler of the ball too although it look unorthodox he usually beats his man whereas dyer flatters to decieve a lot of the time

i'd take zog everyday in my team...and we'd beat the team dyer was in if it came down to one of them deciding the game

Guest Ridzuan

So, you determine a players talent on how much he smiles? 

No,it was just an advice to him because he dont smile a lot.But whether he smile or not,Dyer is a much better player than him but of course I think its unfair to compare the two because they play in different positions.

I don't think Dyer is much better tbh. Dyer was, as has been mentioned a better player at the same age but Dyer was a canny bit better then than he is now (and I don't mean because he's currently crocked either).

when Dyer is with the ball, he's like 'ah, i'll try to outrun this guy and hopefully i won't get injured'

if Milner has somebody in front of him, his mind goes 'left! now right, now left, now what? aw, just gonna whoop it in somewhere'

Zog is never scared to run on people, he's like 'fuck it, i'm gonna go straight through this 3 people and then shoot as hard as i can, and at half time i'll send some text messages..'

I've always thought the Zog looked liek a potential world class player from day 1 - I'm just amazed we've managed to hang on to him so far

World class is frequently overused. Case in point, and I rate N'Zogbia but I don't think he's potentially that good personally.