FAO Sam Allardyce

Dave

In the meantime, Keegan will send his side out against a Gunners team still smarting from their 5-1 Carling Cup semi-final drubbing by arch-rivals Spurs insisting they will be under orders to have a go.

He said: "We are going there to play them - you might think that's all I ever do.

"Trust me, if I thought it was right to go there and defend and block everybody behind the ball and try to have a backs-to-the-wall, 90-minute goalless draw, I would do it.

"But during my days at Liverpool, I learnt that if a team gave us 90 minutes to attack them in their half, one of us, with the ability we had, would open them up somewhere and create chances, or it might just be a deflection.

"We are going to play. That's what we will do and we will see how it goes."

:cheesy:

In the meantime, Keegan will send his side out against a Gunners team still smarting from their 5-1 Carling Cup semi-final drubbing by arch-rivals Spurs insisting they will be under orders to have a go.

He said: "We are going there to play them - you might think that's all I ever do.

"Trust me, if I thought it was right to go there and defend and block everybody behind the ball and try to have a backs-to-the-wall, 90-minute goalless draw, I would do it.

"But during my days at Liverpool, I learnt that if a team gave us 90 minutes to attack them in their half, one of us, with the ability we had, would open them up somewhere and create chances, or it might just be a deflection.

"We are going to play. That's what we will do and we will see how it goes."

:cheesy:

:celb:

And people had a go at Shepherd appoint managers whose stand out attribute was the opposite to the worst attribute shown by the previous manager ;)

Fair comment, that.

Most interesting post he's ever made. Fair play to him.

Just hope it doesnt backfire seeing as we havent strenghened the squad yet!!!

We have the kind of squad that can play attacking football, no the kind that can play defensive football, we will give it a go....

Just hope it doesnt backfire seeing as we havent strenghened the squad yet!!!

Everyone's said the same thing all along though, if we try and play, and lose to a superior team/players then that's fair enough. If we don't try to play, and still lose, that's fucking rubbish.

Reading that, it's like waking up from a long, morbid dream. It's so refreshing to hear. Not because it sounds good but because it's the best approach we could take anyway with these players. We have looked awful when we've tried to sit back this season, we just aren't cut out for it. We will look much better letting our players play their natural game, even if we lose.

I'm confused by your statement, James. I think it's the way you've worded, that and the fact i'm a bit of a slow mong. :blush:

And people had a go at Shepherd for appointing managers whose stand out attribute was to attack...

Is that what you're saying?

aresnal gonna spank us on the break.  we dont have the personnel to stop their attacks.

maybe kev knows its too soon to go on a cup run with present squad

Nor do Tottenham, but they managed the other night by attacking and going 2-0 up inside half an hour. Arsenal look a lot shakier sans Toure.

We'll probably get beat. So what? Never expected anything else. Their kids made us look a joke when we tried to defend against them.

I'm confused by your statement, James. I think it's the way you've worded, that and the fact i'm a bit of a slow mong. :blush:

And people had a go at Shepherd for appointing managers whose stand out attribute was to attack...

No.

Dalglish is dour and negative, lets get some sexy football from Gullit.

Gullit is a bad man manager, and doesn't understand the region. Lets get Robson, he can do both.

Robson is to soft and some of the players dont respect him. Lets get some hard man discipline from Souness.

Souness has destroyed the players confidence and split the dressing room. Roeder has united them, lets stick with him.

Roeder lost so many players to injuries and has no Plan B. Allardyce should solve that.

Allardyce invites the opposition on to us, and doesn't understand the region. Lets get Keegan, he'll attack, and he's been there before.

aresnal gonna spank us on the break.  we dont have the personnel to stop their attacks.

maybe kev knows its too soon to go on a cup run with present squad

Nor do Tottenham, but they managed the other night by attacking and going 2-0 up inside half an hour. Arsenal look a lot shakier sans Toure.

We'll probably get beat. So what? Never expected anything else. Their kids made us look a joke when we tried to defend against them.

Exactly. What have we got to lose? We aren't a bunch of strong remorseless cloggers like Sam's Bolton, who's only function is to stop better teams playing. The only chance we have is to get at them, owever small that chance is.

No.

Dalglish is dour and negative, lets get some sexy football from Gullit.

Gullit is a bad man manager, and doesn't understand the region. Lets get Robson, he can do both.

Robson is to soft and some of the players dont respect him. Lets get some hard man discipline from Souness.

Souness has destroyed the players confidence and split the dressing room. Roeder has united them, lets stick with him.

Roeder lost so many players to injuries and has no Plan B. Allardyce should solve that.

Allardyce invites the opposition on to us, and doesn't understand the region. Lets get Keegan, he'll attack, and he's been there before.

Allardyce also had no plan b, so that doesn't quite work.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2247212,00.html

Michael Owen, the newly anointed captain, yesterday issued a thinly veiled criticism of the former manager's tactics. "If you look at our squad we aren't suited to anything else but to play football. Mark Viduka is a big lad but you wouldn't want to knock long balls on to his head; he needs it into feet.

"And I don't want to be flicking on things at five feet nothing. I think we have to get the confidence back to start passing the ball again but we will go down to Arsenal with a different mind-set."

Here's something else which is worth drawing Sam's attention to. He might need to read it a few times before it registers though - the thick plank  :idiot2: