Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle (FA Cup) - 26/01/08 - post match reaction from page 20

James

I feel for Smith. He actually started the game well and amazingly looked dangerous. Then he had that great shot which was unlucky to be cleared off the line. Instantly you saw the confidence go. Next time he got the ball near the box didn't even think about shooting. Disappeared soon after. Blatantly needs to be benched for anyone as he's obviously at rock bottom confidence. I'd honestly take shola right now, or even better any random youth player that's willing to have a dig.

Slight worry about something Indi pointed out earlier - fitness. The players have said it's been high-intensity training, and I hope we don't run out of steam.

Thats my worry

Am I being a sourpuss by suggesting N'Zoggy try to not show too much of the ball, and keep losing possession?

Not really.

Think he takes too long in possession to be at his best in the middle.

Better of putting him out wide where he can just go at people as he's not a playmaker by any means. Could potentially be a very good CM if we got a really class supporting striker who would drop deep and do the bulk of the playmaking, ala Bergkamp or someone in that mold. But those players are a wee bit tricky to find generally.

He's never a centre-midfielder.

There's a trend to my comments after games now. :razz:  We need centre-mids!

i really hope we win and all but i see this ending in tears ;(

ending in tears is playing like utter dire shite for 45 minutes and scraping into half time at 0-0 and trying to tell yourself that is somehow 'good'. And then getting done over 6-0. This will probably end in a loss but I'll go to bed happy.

Slight worry about something Indi pointed out earlier - fitness. The players have said it's been high-intensity training, and I hope we don't run out of steam.

Thats my worry

No worries, we've got the mighty Kazenga on the bench who will run circles around their defence.

Keegan at HT: Just go out there, lads, and bum them squarely in the face.

Is that even possible!?!? :lol:

The football equivalent of Tea-Bagging!

Don't know about you, but my arse and my face are on opposite sides of my body. ;)

Not sure you're supposed to bumming yourself in the face.  But it may be you have different hobbies to me.  :blush:

Am I being a sourpuss by suggesting N'Zoggy try to not show too much of the ball, and keep losing possession?

Not really.

Think he takes too long in possession to be at his best in the middle.

Better of putting him out wide where he can just go at people as he's not a playmaker by any means. Could potentially be a very good CM if we got a really class supporting striker who would drop deep and do the bulk of the playmaking, ala Bergkamp or someone in that mold. But those players are a wee bit tricky to find generally.

He's never a centre-midfielder.

There's a trend to my comments after games now. :razz:  We need centre-mids!

Interested to see if Emre and Barton have much/any future under KK.

We really need a DM though.

i really hope we win and all but i see this ending in tears ;(

ending in tears is playing like utter dire s**** for 45 minutes and scraping into half time at 0-0 and trying to tell yourself that is somehow 'good'. And then getting done over 6-0. This will probably end in a loss but I'll go to bed happy.

Bed at 5 in the afternoon?

Fair play :thup:

We really need a DM though.

... Faye?

(Woodgate and Taylor CB)

Perhaps, not sure what his best position is tbh.

Seems like more of a 4-3-3 holding midfielder, if you know what I mean. Just sit in front of the back 4 and let th other two do all the creative work.

Can anyone give me a direct link to Newcastle World commentry, media player keeps freezing on me ffs so want to try it in a different media player.

File, Properties in WMP should tell you.