Newcastle after Lubos Kalouda?

Kasper

And while you can never say never as far as United are concerned, Keegan told me: “I’ll be honest with you – I’ve sat down and looked, and there isn’t anyone out there [and available right now] who is going to strengthen us better than when the four players to come back from the African Nations Cup.

That's fucking bollocks Keggy. You're talking shite.

?

He didn't say that though. He said no-one could come in and strengthen us. This, in my opinion, is utter shite.

Of course it's utter shite, which I why I'm inclined to believe he's implying as I edited above.

If that's what he meant then he should have said it! It just gives more ammo to the media who'll pick up on it and throw it back at us.

Guest MaetihS

And while you can never say never as far as United are concerned, Keegan told me: “I’ll be honest with you – I’ve sat down and looked, and there isn’t anyone out there who is going to strengthen us better than when the four players to come back from the African Nations Cup.

That's f****** bollocks Keggy. You're talking s****.

would you rather he said " i haven't been able to get the quality i'd want in this window and it's a bit of a pisser as i'll have to put up with this shower of s*** till the summer"

hardly giving those we are stuck with confidence.

he's only saying what he thinks is best for the team. he'll tell players they are great even when he knows they are out in the summer.

No of course I wouldn't. But to come out and say no-one is out there to strengthen us is ridiculous. We're a poor side in all areas of the pitch. Perhaps the current shower of s*** need to hear a few home-truths?

Agreed. KK is a bit getting on my nerves with his statements, talking as if we have a squad of quality players. Hope KK is trying to smoke us and surprise us with good signings esp the AM and FW positions. if not, a relegation battle is almost a certainty.

And while you can never say never as far as United are concerned, Keegan told me: “I’ll be honest with you – I’ve sat down and looked, and there isn’t anyone out there who is going to strengthen us better than when the four players to come back from the African Nations Cup.

would you rather he said " i haven't been able to get the quality i'd want in this window and it's a bit of a pisser as i'll have to put up with this shower of s*** till the summer"

he's only saying what he thinks is best for the team. he'll tell players they are great even when he knows they are out in the summer.

No of course I wouldn't. But to come out and say no-one is out there to strengthen us is ridiculous. We're a poor side in all areas of the pitch. Perhaps the current shower of s*** need to hear a few home-truths?

never ceases to amaze me how people take every word literally uttered when it come to their team.

Do you agree with what he's said?

What message does it send out to the current lot? Their abject performances are rated so highly that there is no-one out there to do the job better?

Agreed. KK is a bit getting on my nerves with his statements, talking as if we have a squad of quality players. Hope KK is trying to smoke us and surprise us with good signings esp the AM and FW positions. if not, a relegation battle is almost a certainty.

trying to motivate the team?

If this is true then Keegan is an even bigger ar*e than I thought he is. If he can't see that this pathetic squad does not need strengtheneing then I am seriously worried. We have a p*ss poor midfield and strikers who couldn't score in a brothel

He has recognised this, and tried to strengthen the squad with bids for Woodgate, Alvaro and Barnes.

Getting worried...the above players are not exactly very good players either. Even if the above players come in, doubt it will improve the squad by very much.

Two of these are defnders and one is midfield. Does Keegan know where our porblems lie ie can't score goals.

I hope you're not implying that it's upfront that's the real problem. We can't score goals because the strikers aren't getting anything.

I agree that we need one/two quality midfielders but Smith,Amoebi and Owen are not cutting it. Yes you can say that Owen is not getting service but he has had chances that earlier he would have put away. So yes I think our problem lies in our inability to score . In fact we are hardly even getting a shot in on the opposition goal at the moment.

Do you really think he meant 'This squad is perfect, and cannot be improved upon'? ???

No. :lol:

Players have moved clubs who would have improved us imo. To try to pretend they weren't is absurd.

Guest mikebest11

This is off a czeck daily newspaper. Also the player is highly regarded on the Juve forums and are resigned in losing him to us as there chairman is to slow

NEWCASTLE JOIN HUNT FOR BRNO’S KALOUDA

Brno are reportedly in talks with English side Newcastle United over the transfer of Lubos Kalouda, who is also wanted by Juventus.

Juventus officials met with their Brno counterparts last week in Prague, with a view to signing the Czech Under-21 midfielder.

The two sides were reported to have agreed a transfer fee, leaving Juve’s management requiring their club’s board’s approval to make Brno a formal offer for the 20-year-old.

With the January 31st transfer deadline approaching, however, Brno owner Roman Pros has announced to the Czech media that he has begun negotiations with Newcastle over a possible transfer deal.

This is off a czeck daily newspaper. Also the player is highly regarded on the Juve forums and are resigned in losing him to us as there chairman is to slow

NEWCASTLE JOIN HUNT FOR BRNO’S KALOUDA

Brno are reportedly in talks with English side Newcastle United over the transfer of Lubos Kalouda, who is also wanted by Juventus.

Juventus officials met with their Brno counterparts last week in Prague, with a view to signing the Czech Under-21 midfielder.

The two sides were reported to have agreed a transfer fee, leaving Juve’s management requiring their club’s board’s approval to make Brno a formal offer for the 20-year-old.

With the January 31st transfer deadline approaching, however, Brno owner Roman Pros has announced to the Czech media that he has begun negotiations with Newcastle over a possible transfer deal.

I don't know what to make of that... Fingers crossed and all that.

If this kid is as special as some are making him out to be how comes at 20 years old his club are struggling to get a club to offer the £3.7m transfer fee?

GeJon just doesn't want to see his favourite bum boy out of the team.  :smug:

If this kid is as special as some are making him out to be how comes at 20 years old his club are struggling to get a club to offer the £3.7m transfer fee?

Dave plays for Newcastle? ???

I doubt any player coming directly from the Czech league would get more than that, never mind one who's only 20 years old and hasn't even made a dozen appearances for his club.

If anything, 3.7m is extraordinarily high.

The chairman could be using us as a bargaining tool with Juve. God knows why it's ALWAYS us like but it happens at least a few times each window (Pandev?).

Fingers crossed that he's not though. Any talent in central midfield is welcome at the moment. If he can pass a ball further than five yards consistently he'll be better than anything we've got.

I've heard a rumour   (I'm ITK btw) that we've offered £600,000 for him rising to £650,000 if he ever becomes World player of the year. I'll let you know more when I hear it.

mackems.gif

Dave plays for Newcastle? ???

;D

Likes the way forwards back into him

I've heard a rumour   (I'm ITK btw) that we've offered £600,000 for him rising to £650,000 if he ever becomes World player of the year. I'll let you know more when I hear it.

mackems.gif

I would have thought the sarcasm would have been obvious from the extra £50,000 payment if he ever becomes World player of the year, obviously not. :lol:

Nice to see you can't help yourself but reply to my posts. :la: