Arsenal 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 29/01/08 - Post match reaction from page 16

JH

ALAN SMITH!!! OH WHAT A BEAUTY!!

He's got some accuracy that lad, he was aiming for the corner flag there.

Get behind the lad ffs.

Tongue in cheek man, I thought he was our best player tonight. Only one who looked like he gave a toss.

Really? I thought he was fucking useless as per usual.

No, not at all. He's doing a great job of proving you right, the cunt. :tickedoff:

I know it feels shit right now but at the end of the day, it's ONE league defeat with a severely depleted side at a place where only two points have left this season - and one of those went away with Manchester United. Some people were shouting "relegation" after a cup defeat ffs.

Arsenal are phenomenal. Pick ourselves up. Move on.

And in more good news, we don't have to play them again this season!

Shocking, shocking game for us tonight. Arsenal were brilliant in the first half, but they didn't have to break sweat in the second. We were woeful, in every single aspect. There was no best player tonight, everyone was awful. Can't wait for Martins, Viduka, Beye and Faye to come back. And i'm fucking chuffed these games are gone and fucking forgotten.

I know it feels s*** right now but at the end of the day, it's ONE league defeat with a severely depleted side at a place where only two points have left this season - and one of those went away with Manchester United. Some people were shouting "relegation" after a cup defeat ffs.

They didnt play that well in the two games we played them and were still miles in front of us i agree and Sundays game is Vital

I know it feels shit right now but at the end of the day, it's ONE league defeat with a severely depleted side at a place where only two points have left this season - and one of those went away with Manchester United. Some people were shouting "relegation" after a cup defeat ffs.

Alright, who the fuck has hacked Wullie's account? :knuppel2:

Spot on.Boro game far more important than tonights damage limitation exercise.

Start Ameobi over Smith, PLEASE.

Owen

Zog

Duff        Emre        Milner

Barton

:puke:

I know!

Why did you just put that instead then? Our MotM even though he only played like 30 minutes

Agree to some extent (I predicted the same scoreline, so it's hardly a surprise to me), but it's still depressing that Arsenal hardly had to break sweat tonight. As I said before, it's sad watching our rabble chasing their footballers. :(

Spot on.Boro game far more important than tonights damage limitation exercise.

If we don't beat the Beasts it's going to be like end of days on here.

I know it feels s*** right now but at the end of the day, it's ONE league defeat with a severely depleted side at a place where only two points have left this season - and one of those went away with Manchester United. Some people were shouting "relegation" after a cup defeat ffs.

They didnt play that well in the two games we played them and were still miles in front of us i agree and Sundays game is Vital

"They didn't play that well" - have a word.

Start Ameobi over Smith, PLEASE.

Owen

Zog

Duff        Emre        Milner

Barton

:puke:

I know!

Why did you just put that instead then? Our MotM even though he only played like 30 minutes

Can't see him lasting 90 mins tbh. Though could do worse than giving him the first 60 then bringing on Butt or someone

Boro is a must-win game. Not in terms of relegation, but just to get the place going again. Could do with a couple of new faces as well to liven things up.

Its a must win for both of those reasons but Boro will come and park the bus

Insane comment. Arsenal in the first half were second only to Man Utd's 6-0, in terms of quality we've played this season imo. I haven't seen a side pass that well against us this season, they were quality.

Second half, we were just gash and they just continued to clutch us snug in their palm.

Boro is a must-win game. Not in terms of relegation, but just to get the place going again. Could do with a couple of new faces as well to liven things up.

Its a must win for both of those reasons but Boro will come and park the bus

They won't.

In the first half, they were terrific. All over us. Second half, we tried to pick up the pieces, without ever looking up for it though. They just did what they have to do, and a fucking incredible goal and one that shouldn't have been given was the difference from making them nervous

Insane comment. Arsenal in the first half were second only to Man Utd's 6-0, in terms of quality we've played this season imo. I haven't seen a side pass that well against us this season, they were quality.

Second half, we were just gash and they just continued to clutch us snug in their palm.

A good team know when the opposition is beat and stifle the game. Arsenal did this to perfection second half today

This was always going to happen.  Any person who has watched us play 90 minutes this season knows how thin the squad is and how toothless our attack can be.  Playing Arsenal twice in a row at the Emirates only highlighted the obvious flaws.  We'd love to add in this window but who'd come to this rabble at the moment?  It's a difficult position to be in.

With a manager whose teams thrive on confidence, I can't help but wonder what just one solitary goal might do for the side.  Hopefully we'll find out soon.