Do People Like Milner?

Kev
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There is no way on earth that he is a centre midfielder...

Why not? His good work ethic, passing and technical are put to much better use there than on the wing.

His passing accuracy is the lowest in the squad according to the opta stat thingy in the telegraph

Why not? His good work ethic, passing and technical are put to much better use there than on the wing.

his technique isn't that great, he's just good at suddenly turning left and right.. i dread to think what he'd be like at the center of the field

He's a good player, but his lack of blistering pace means he needs support from the midfield and the right back. We're not playing to anyone's strengths when he has to run with the ball past his defender and whip in a cross to some dwarf sandwiched in between the opposition centre backs. Our problem is the complete lack of off the ball movement in the midfield and attack. Replacing Milner is never going to fix that.

Guest nufc222

his technique isn't that great, he's just good at suddenly turning left and right.. i dread to think what he'd be like at the center of the field

totally agree.. not a terrible winger but would dread to see him in center midfield

His movement and his delivery are awful in the main.

His technique and work rate are top notch.

SHOULD BE PLAYED IN THE MIDDLE!!

IMO the biggest hinderance to Milner's development has been working under the likes of SBR, Souness, Roeder and Allardyce, in struggling teams. Had the young 16 yr old Milner gone to Arsene Wenger instead, I tell you we would have seen a totally different player.

He looked really out of sorts last night, not really up for it at all.  (Arsenal)

If he had better pace he would be a star but, he is a bit slow.  Compare him to Flamini for example and the gulf in class is immense.

He looked really out of sorts last night, not really up for it at all.  (Arsenal)

If he had better pace he would be a star but, he is a bit slow.  Compare him to Flamini for example and the gulf in class is immense.

Why would you compare him to Flamini?

Why would you compare him to Flamini?

I suppose to compare him is unfair but, the way that Flamini played last night with bursts of pace and his cultured crossing of the ball I guess that is the sort of player that we should be targetting for Newcastle.

IMO the biggest hinderance to Milner's development has been working under the likes of SBR, Souness, Roeder and Allardyce, in struggling teams. Had the young 16 yr old Milner gone to Arsene Wenger instead, I tell you we would have seen a totally different player.

Arsene Wenger would never buy/use him because his lack of pace. factamundo.

When I watched him on the left to start the season, I couldn't wait to see him play on the right.  But now that he's on the right, he looks worse.  Milner looks like a lot of the players do right now: they are thinking TOO much rather than just playing naturally and trusting their instincts more.

Milner works his bollocks off but can't deliver a cross on a regular basis.  He's slow, a bit like Nobby but Nobby could still make the pass without hitting the defender 9 times out of ten the way Milner does.

Arsene Wenger would never buy/use him because his lack of pace. factamundo.

At 16, he could have pretty much moulded him in any way he wanted to, as he was still a "growing boy".

Are we actually saying that Milner has the ability to dominate the midfiled? If not, then he shouldnt be there full stop.

Barton > Milner

Barton > Milner > Emre > Butt

Milner > Emre?

Milner > Butt?

In the centre of midfield, how do you know?

Are we actually saying that Milner has the ability to dominate the midfiled? If not, then he shouldnt be there full stop.

Barton > Milner

Milner > Emre?

Milner > Butt?

I'm better than Emre and Butt tbh

Barton > Milner

Milner > Emre?

Milner > Butt?

I'm better than Emre and Butt tbh

Butt's been our best player last two games.

Milner's not good enough, he's slow and has no redeeming features unlike nobby.