Willie McKay making mischief on SSN. Spurs deny interest in Zog.

Skirge

The club should try to avoid McKay-represented players, because he's well known for serving his clients up to mid-low table clubs before peddling them around soon after. and Chimbonda is a classic example. It's this feature which makes him the sewer rat among high profile agents imo.

I'd be interested to know how many of McKay's clients are currently on either Arsenal or Man.U's books, just as to know if either of these clubs choose to steer clear.

Lengthy contract renegotiations, and agent-fed papertalk featuring want'away players, are the identifiable fingerprint of McKay's indirect involvement with a club.

McKay represented players = more trouble than they're worth imo.

If he wants to go we should sell in the summer. If he does go I wont be too worried, he's not as great as some make out (though has a lot of potential). He has a tendency to hold onto the ball too long and then get closed down and tackled. We've got Duff so the positions covered. In the last couple of matches particularly Duff has looked a lot more effective than the Zogg (can't understand the low opinion some here have off Duff).

Guest johnson293

From Anal, in todays Comic....

The Chronicle reported yesterday that Spurs were ready to make a move for United’s French midfielder, and at first this was denied by White Hart Lane.

This denial was later rescinded, but it is likely that, having failed yesterday, Spurs will be back for N’Zogbia in the summer.

Was it??

I haven't seen anything from Spurs confirming that they did indeed enquire about the Zog?

It couldn't/wouldn't be Mr Oliver trying to further unsettle a player that it could be argued, he tried to help out of the club last season*, could it?

* - N'Zogbia named as player having been given a verbal bollocking at HT at Portsmouth, then the whole Mobile incident at Watford, which Oliver couldn't wait to write about.

From Anal, in todays Comic....

The Chronicle reported yesterday that Spurs were ready to make a move for United’s French midfielder, and at first this was denied by White Hart Lane.

This denial was later rescinded, but it is likely that, having failed yesterday, Spurs will be back for N’Zogbia in the summer.

Was it??

I haven't seen anything from Spurs confirming that they did indeed enquire about the Zog?

It couldn't/wouldn't be Mr Oliver trying to further unsettle a player that it could be argued, he tried to help out of the club last season*, could it?

* - N'Zogbia named as player having been given a verbal bollocking at HT at Portsmouth, then the whole Mobile incident at Watford, which Oliver couldn't wait to write about.

Spurs have never confirmed any interest in N'Zogbia, there was the one denial.  I'm told that we never were interested in signing him but there may have been a rumour going about (looking at N'Zogbia as Gilberto looked like damaged goods in the medical) to encourage Hertha Berlin to drop their price for Gilberto.  Gilberto was eventually signed for roughly half of the original asking price.

Keegans interview on World suggests that he may be off in the summer.... ???

What does he say?

Says he's a talented player, a fans favourite and someone who can turn a game. Praises his focus. He says obviously things will change in the summer, but he'd like to think the ones going out will be the ones he wants to go, rather than the ones other clubs would like to take.

Also says there was never any contact from Spurs.

Honestly can't see where Pegasus is coming from.

Keegan says in his interview on Newcastle World that Spurs never contacted the club about him, Jol.

Willie McKay stirring it up.

Keegan says in his interview on Newcastle World that Spurs never contacted the club about him, Jol.

Willie McKay stirring it up.

Cheers for that.

As I said all along yesterday. O0

Despite all the animosity directed at McKay, and I'm no fan myself, I can't believe an agent would agitate for a move if the player himself was happy where he was. Which leads one to conclude there's no smoke without fire.

However, it is possible he (McKay) creates the unhappiness by suggesting to players..  "You'd do better elsewhere." or... "Club 'X' have made enquiries." when no club did. That way he causes the unrest that leads to transfers that continue to line his pockets. In which case be true, I concur with the majority opinion in regards to McKay.