Willie McKay making mischief on SSN. Spurs deny interest in Zog.

Skirge

Cant believe some people on here would actually sell him our best player our only hope of creating a goal in a time when we are in a relegation battle people think it is wise to sell there best player??

best player.

he's not a left back,hasn't impressed in the centre and hasn't outshone duff wide left in the past 18months.

the only player in our squad that is dangerous and other than Martins has pace

only player that looks like he can create a goal

which he hasn't done for quite a while,even when playing in more advanced positions.

IF(?) we can get  a replacement then i've no problem.

We wont get a top class replacement now though really

and if he is replaced by Giles Barnes then it is a joke

They say to us 'we want N'Zogbia', we say to them 'we want Lennon, Berbatov, Malbranque, Huddlestone etc. in exchange'.

The point i'm making is that they might not be prepared to do business unless we include N'Zogbia in any deal.

Don't want him to leave but I think some people on this board think he's alot better than he is!

how many times does he change a game?

Sell him put a 12m bid in for downing.... :thup:

WTF?

What bit??

The first bit was bullshit, the bit about Downing... was retarded.

You saying downing isnt a far better player than the zog??

Think he'll have alot more assists & goals than him this season

agree with Enrique... Downing??? :-0

Cant believe some people on here would actually sell him our best player our only hope of creating a goal in a time when we are in a relegation battle people think it is wise to sell there best player??

best player.

he's not a left back,hasn't impressed in the centre and hasn't outshone duff wide left in the past 18months.

which he hasn't done for quite a while,even when playing in more advanced positions.

We wont get a top class replacement now though really

and if he is replaced by Giles Barnes then it is a joke

we have about 14hrs to find out

I think we are seeing the effect of Keegan having been in the wilderness for the past 3 years while he played at losing a fortune at his soccer circus. He obviously hasn't the proverbial clue of who is or who isn't currently a good player and is nervous to spend.

What a load of s****!

So Charles wouldn't be the subject to interest from Tottenham if Sam, Roeder, Souness or Robson were in charge?

Get a grip ffs.

You have misunderstood my post . The point I was trying to make is the lack of signings in this window are down to Keegan not knowing the market. By his own admission he has been reclusive and has neither watched or followed football for 3 years. By the way have you seen what a right load of rubbish his soocer circus is /was.? It was certainly aptly named. Zog has been the subject of interest for a number of teams including Arsenal. So don't put words in my mouth and if you want to criticize that's OK with me but do not assume that everyone's opinion other than yours is s***

He said he hadn't ATTENDED a game in 3 years NOT watched. I'm sure he has a television.

And his soccer circus venture is neither here nor there in this matter, I personally think he should be applauded for setting up something to try and bring enjoyment into coaching football skills.

And how do you come by the incredibly insightful fact that he 'obviously has no clue' about judging players?

As another poster said - get a grip.

best player.

Do you think we can take the risk of going the rest of the season without him? I don't. Who the fuck are we going to get now like? Supertoon is spot on. He's under contract, tell Spurs to fuck off until the summer at least (since if he wants to go then, there isn't too much you can do to stop him going really).

Don't want him to leave but I think some people on this board think he's alot better than he is!

how many times does he change a game?

Sell him put a 12m bid in for downing.... :thup:

WTF?

What bit??

The first bit was bullshit, the bit about Downing... was retarded.

You saying downing isnt a far better player than the zog??

Think he'll have alot more assists & goals than him this season

agree with Enrique... Downing??? :-0

dunno, i'd be thinking central midfield myself.

no idea who mind.

They say to us 'we want N'Zogbia', we say to them 'we want Lennon, Berbatov, Malbranque, Huddlestone etc. in exchange'.

The point i'm making is that they might not be prepared to do business unless we include N'Zogbia in any deal.

They can keep Huddlestone and Lennon... :-)

Guest icemanblue

Why exactly can't people discuss a potential move?

They can.  It's the pitiful 'oh my godzzz, newcastle iz gayzz, where getting relegated now!!!111!1' comments that get my back up.  Especially when, after KK was appointed, the same people we're saying we would win the league in a couple of years.

best player.

Do you think we can take the risk of going the rest of the season without him? I don't. Who the f*** are we going to get now like? Supertoon is spot on. He's under contract, tell Spurs to f*** off until the summer at least (since if he wants to go then, there isn't too much you can do to stop him going really).

no, thats why i'm saying i'm happy to let him go if we can get an improvement in.

what part is so hard to understand.

why are people putting price tags on him.. 12 million may be a good value for him, but it's not like we need to sell to afford to buy..

or do you honestly believe we will replace him with somebody better.. The only better attacking players the club has bought in the last 10 years are Bellamy and Robert.. which was ages ago.. so forgive me if i'm being skeptical about replacing him with somebody better

They can keep Huddlestone and Lennon... :-)

I'd take them. Not for The Zog, mind.

Guest battyleespeed

I'd rather sell Milner and keep Zoggy at all costs. Kev should give the guy assurances that he won't be played at left back anymore and that he will be one of his main players.

Actually I've started to regret that we didn't sell Milner back in the day when offers kept coming in....

Zoggy vs Milner

Technique - Milner is good but Zoggy is even better (must be the French background). What's the biggest difference for me is how Zoggy controls the ball even when running in full speed.

Pace - Not only is Zoggy a lot more faster than Milner he transitions from attack to defence and vice versa very quickly. Great asset to have.

Tackling - Milner can be crunching in a tackle but I wouldn't say he is skilled in tackle. Looks good on camera but has little effect to overall play. Zoggy is a bit of a lightweight but he has aggressive mentality and stamina so that makes it up for him as long as he is not being used as left back....

Heading - Milner seems to be better

Passing/vision - For me Zoggy has better natural football brain. Knows instinctively when to dribble or shoot or pass.

Mentality - This is the biggest difference. Zoggy will instinctively take on the players and go direct towards opposition penalty box. In counterattack situations he likes to break forward aggressively whenever he has space to utilize his pace. We don't have any other player like except Martins! Milner just slows down the forward play. My gut feeling is that Milner plays more to manager's instructions and is more tactically discplined but I'd rather take Zoggy's instinctive play.

N'Zogbia is a player of average abilty but with good potential. Subject to Duff and Enrique staying fit, we wouldn't miss him that much, he gives the ball away and runs down blind alleys. He can attack well from left back where there is more space, but he can't defend.

Furthermore, our strikers prefer to receive the ball from the right hand side, making Zog even less important to the team.

He is not better than Dyer was at the same age, both had chances to become very good players, but I don't see why people think Zog is more likely to make it, given the sulks, the attitude and the 4am sightings, and having Penis McWilly as his agent. Don't forget that he was stupid enough to hop off to Fulham in the summer if Geremi hadn't talked him out of it.

I would love to see him stay and become a good player, but his head has got to be here, and I can live with him leaving at the right price, as there is a lot of future risk concerning N'Zogbia.

best player.

Do you think we can take the risk of going the rest of the season without him? I don't. Who the f*** are we going to get now like? Supertoon is spot on. He's under contract, tell Spurs to f*** off until the summer at least (since if he wants to go then, there isn't too much you can do to stop him going really).

no, thats why i'm saying i'm happy to let him go if we can get an improvement in.

what part is so hard to understand.

Because it goes without saying we can't get a replacement in at this stage.

Guest icemanblue

See, that's what i'm saying.  Peoples opinions change with the wind around here, and it's fucking windy this week! I mean, how can some people question the media's motives against us, and then act exactly to type? It beggars belief and is the reason we're such a joke.

That, and the football of course.

N'Zogbia is a player of average abilty but with good potential. Subject to Duff and Enrique staying fit, we wouldn't miss him that much, he gives the ball away and runs down blind alleys. He can attack well from left back where there is more space, but he can't defend.

Furthermore, our strikers prefer to receive the ball from the right hand side, making Zog even less important to the team.

He is not better than Dyer was at the same age, both had chances to become very good players, but I don't see why people think Zog is more likely to make it, given the sulks, the attitude and the 4am sightings, and having Penis McWilly as his agent. Don't forget that he was stupid enough to hop off to Fulham in the summer if Geremi hadn't talked him out of it.

I would love to see him stay and become a good player, but his head has got to be here, and I can live with him leaving at the right price, as there is a lot of future risk concerning N'Zogbia.

Decent post that.