Willie McKay making mischief on SSN. Spurs deny interest in Zog.

Skirge

Willie McKay is such a t***. Given his track record, there's a chance Zoggy might have had his head swung again. I think he's happy here, but he's already pretty f****** disollusioned this season (that was plain for me to see in the Arsenal game), having played in so many positions. Wish we'd stop f****** the guy around.

We're on thin ice with him.

Yes he has been fcked around but at the sametime he surely understands that we are struggling and trying our best to imprve things.  We need his abilities at LB  :weep: at the moment, especially if Enrique is dead.

I would still like to know what happend, did Spurs not even enquire, or did we knock back a bid?

I've been told that it's nothing to do with Spurs and all to do with McKay.  No guarantees how accurate that info is though.

Well they would say that otherwise it's an illegal approach as we have clearly not given permission for Spurs to talk to the player (and by extension his agent).

I really hope the club follow this up and get either McKay or Spurs fined.

Could it be that Mackay think he is a very saleable assest and would stand to make alot of money in fee's if he was to be sold, plus the fact he just signed a new contract would push the price up and this is simply a move to unsettle the player and stoke up intrest from other clubs.

Could it be that Mackay think he is a very saleable assest and would stand to make alot of money in fee's if he was to be sold, plus the fact he just signed a new contract would push the price up and this is simply a move to unsettle the player and stoke up intrest from other clubs.

if he was quoted as saying such he'd get a hammering so i doubt it. more probably spurs enquired,not even a bid, we said no.

Guest johnson293

Probably, plus the fact that a couple of his assets (Amdy Faye & Chimbonda) haven't moved on this window, as he probably thought/hoped they would.

Guest Erich von Manstein

The only reason why he would do it.

He lined his pockets exceptionally well with the Boumsong deal, it's safe to say that Rangers did not receive the full £8m. Some people did very well from that deal.

Horrible wanker.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/01/31/keegan-rejects-spurs-zog-swoop-72703-20417923/

Keegan rejects Spurs’ Zog swoop

Jan 31 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

SPURS have made a dramatic bid to lure Newcastle United midfielder Charles N’Zogbia to White Hart Lane.

The wires were really buzzing between North London and Tyneside today as Spurs manager Juande Ramos made his move for United’s 21-year-old Frenchman.

But Kevin Keegan has told N’Zogbia that he is going nowhere and to forget all about the bright lights of London.

Spurs move for N’Zogbia was confirmed today by his agent Willie Mackay, but United fans will be lifted by Keegan’s reaction.

N’Zogbia signed a new and improved five- year contract offered by former boss Sam Allardyce just before Christmas and he has appeared a lot happier in recent weeks.

The former Le Havre midfielder was quite naturally upset after the death of his father in France in 2006 and then by the departure of his mentor Jean Alain Boumsong to Juventus.

However, it has been accepted that N’Zogbia and James Milner – he’s a year older at 22 – would be two of United’s young players who would benefit from the way Keegan motivates players.

United fans would be disappointed to say the least if N’Zogbia was allowed to leave St James’s Park.

And it would hurt them even more if he went to Spurs, especially as that’s where Keegan’s No 1 target Jonathan Woodgate ended up this week.

Ironically, it is Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger who has always appeared to be N’Zogbia’s biggest admirer in the past couple of seasons.

Keegan told me at The Emirates on Tuesday night that while he did not expect any additions to his first-team squad, he could not afford to let anyone go out.

He added that he had inquires for three of his players – one on loan and two on permanent deals.

There is big interest in Andy Carroll, and Swindon were still hoping to get the England Under-19 striker on loan today.

Meanwhile, Dennis Wise has certainly wasted no time in getting his feet under the table in his new role with United.

Within hours of his appointment being announced on Tuesday, Wise was at The Emirates watching United lose to Arsenal.

And last night Wise was back on familiar territory as he saw Chelsea beat Reading.

Wise still has good connections at Stamford Bridge and must have wondered if he can get any of their players on loan to St James’s Park but Avram Grant is a bit short of numbers himself – and Chelsea are still fighting on four fronts.

Did Zoggy sign for us exclusively as a left winger or did he sign to be a member of the team/squad?

Personally, if he wants to go to Spurs let him. He's full uf hustle and bustle and running but lacks composure and vision. Has an attitude problem as well. KK will build his new side with people who pass the ball quickly and effectively, Zoggy may not fit the bill.  Get rid of him in a deal bringing Bent and Defoe to us.

'Keegan told me at The Emirates on Tuesday night that while he did not expect any additions to his first-team squad, he could not afford to let anyone go out.'

Funny that, I'm sure I've seen those comments elsewhere.

Fucking spurs, could have at least left you sweating a bit more :doh:

Thou shalt not sign left-footed players. The crocked one and the rubbish one you have already is enough for you.

Just messing, but how fucking long have you needed a left-winger for now? It's farcical.

Guest kingdawson

f****** spurs, could have at least left you sweating a bit more :doh:

Thou shalt not sign left-footed players. The crocked one and the rubbish one you have already is enough for you.

Just messing, but how f****** long have you needed a left-winger for now? It's farcical.

It really has been a long time (about 2 years now). Saying that, steed has been our best player this season and he's been playing LM. If and when we do finally manage to get a left sided player in, Steed will be moved in his natural position.

I like it how it was put in the paper it is for personal reasons as his family live in London. The club was too soft with Dyer & Nobby &  now every fucker thinks they can escape the goldfish bowl by saying some crud about there family.

Guest Erich von Manstein

I think it is fair to say that unless we improve as a team McKay will engineer a move for Zog.

I reckon it's fair to say McKay will try engineer a move for any of his clients regardless of how good they are, simply so he can line his own pocket.

Horrible bastard.