Favourite Grounds

Ally

Something different from the depressing lack of transfer activity.

Presuming St James is you're favourite stadium, where else in the world do you love, for whatever reason?

I love the old school grounds, Hillsborough in particular. Brilliantly unique.  :smitten:

Guest RodrigoPalacio

I liked Burnden Park for the sheer fact that it was made out of wood.  I've enjoyed going to Leeds, think it's a canny atmosphere, hate these new grounds.  Think they are a contributing factor to football becoming shitter and shitter these days.

ive been to the following:

upton park, white hart lane, emirates, stamford bridge, the den (millwall), and of course SJP.

but my favourite has to be craven cottage. small yes, quiet, yes but i like the traditionalness of it and the fact that you cant beat it on a nice summers day by the river thames playing football in a nice park then going to the pub. vilis pies in the away end as well! nice.

emirates is very impressive, but i prefer SJP because its nice, good atmosphere and right in the centre of town, and practically the hwole of newcastle is there. its nice

stamford bridge is ok, but full of cunts

the rest are a grade shitholes!

http://pds1.egloos.com/pds/1/200605/12/91/a0010291_23282770.jpg

Seoul World Cup Stadium during any international. (Preferably when Korea aren't playing like shit.)

68476 people all in Red, screaming at the top of their lungs.

Absolutely unbeatable atmosphere.

hate these new grounds.  Think they are a contributing factor to football becoming shitter and shitter these days.

agreed entirely. emirates is very impressive but it seems a bit fake.

Emirates is shit, what's with the curved stands? Looks shite. I actually really liked WHL, it's not that big but everything is tightly packed in and feels like your right on top of the action.

Eh fuck it, there's nowt happening on the transfer front so here's the Nou Camp. We turned up in a taxi to find that the game had been called off so went back the next day and took the tour. I wasn't that impressed with the ground - it sinks into the ground rather than rises up from out (probably contributed to the fucking pitch being under water)

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/5696/noucampbu2.jpg

I used to like Everton when the away fans used to get the Park End with the seats upstairs and paddock downstairs.

Sheffield Wednesday used to be good as well with the wooden seats in the Leppings lane stand being rattled to make loads of noise.

Wolves used to be great on the massive South bank terrace, split half and half between home and away fans.

In England i've been to :

Aston Villa, Arsenal, Spurs, QPR, Wimbledon (Plough Lane and Selhurst), Crystal Palace, Millwall, Wembley, Portsmouth, Oxford, Cambridge, Ipswich, Norwich, Peterborough, Scunthorpe, Grimsby, Hull, Sheff Wed, Sheff United, Barnsley, Derby (old and new), Notts County, Nottingham Forest, Rotherham, Coventry, Wolves, Man City, Man United, Oldham, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool, Swindon, Bristol City, Port Vale,Liverpool, Everton, Blackburn, Berwick and Leicester.

ive been to the following:

upton park, white hart lane, emirates, stamford bridge, the den (millwall), and of course SJP.

but my favourite has to be craven cottage. small yes, quiet, yes but i like the traditionalness of it and the fact that you cant beat it on a nice summers day by the river thames playing football in a nice park then going to the pub. vilis pies in the away end as well! nice.

emirates is very impressive, but i prefer SJP because its nice, good atmosphere and right in the centre of town, and practically the hwole of newcastle is there. its nice

stamford bridge is ok, but full of c***s

the rest are a grade shitholes!

that's nice

Guest Geordiesned

The San Siro of all the stadiums I've actually been to is the one that truely made me go "Wow!"

TV doesn't do it justice. Just standing outside the place iot's amazing seeing the size of it.