Keegan Interview On Footy Focus

Tooj

Guest LucaAltieri

Decent interview. Turns out he didn't want to bring in any players in January. Given the short time-span he had it was probably for the best... more money to spend for in the summer after he's had chance to get a proper look at the players he wants. I notice how right after the interview the shit stirrers get going again RE: Wise. Not 30 seconds before hand Keegan said "I knew someone was coming in. I was given a list of names and of those I prefered Wise."... BBC's answer: "Nah, he's lying."

Maybe Allardyce had the right policy for dealing with the BBC.

It was that nacker Lawrenson again.

Hope he's picked us to get beat tomorrow, as he is a hopeless pundit and the kiss of death to most teams.

Got us down for a scrappy win with Boro playing us off the park by the end.

No pundits seem to sit back and think before they speak, they just sit and spout out shit that is written in the papers. 

If i was being paid to talk on a football show and make  omments about teams i would  do some research before i go on the show.

He'll have wound the doom merchants and sceptics up again with his focused and determined resolve to take Newcastle back towards the top 4.

Crooks: "it'll be much harder this time, the game has changed according to Alex Ferguson"

Keegan: "that's what they'd like you to think..." 

:lol:

Lawrenson "I'm still not convinced Keegan knew Wise was coming in when he got the job"

Didn't KK just fucking say 2mins earlier he didnt know it was gonna be Wise, just he knew that position was going to be created.

What a tit.

That is well worth a watch by the way, I would do a transcript of the best bits, but I can't be arsed. Some very important comments on Wise/Jimenez/Vetere, he knew about it all, bar who the DOF would actually be, we tried to hijack the Woodgate deal but were too late, he would have picked Beckham, he realises that we are playing with fear and not trying anything risky on the field which is stifling our creativity, he goes into a lot more detail on Joey Barton, explaining how he has always had to fight for everything and he really thinks prison has gave him a reality check...

Final question was this:

Garth Crooks - "Given the right resources, I feel there is no doubt that Kevin Keegan can bring success to this club. The question is, has Mike Ashley promised you the resources to do this job?"

Kevin Keegan - "It's definitely there for us, I mean don't be fooled by this transfer window. That was my choice not to bring in - we could have brought in 4 or 5 players and spent some money."

He didn't feel the players available or that he was offered were good enough, though, and I should really add that he goes onto say that when the summer comes he'll have a better handle on the squad and will bring in players who will take us to the next level (top six).

Should have signed some not good enough players the idiot!

Sort of blows NE5's argument against the current board out of the water though.... although if your manager isnt prepared to spend the money a real chairman would go and spend it for him ;)

Very good interview. Its interesting to see the bits they cut out on TV too, when KK said we couldnt offer what Spurs can, i was wondering what exactly he meant, then the full interview explains it all, same with the Woodgate situation.

He was bluntly honest with most things - Carling cup and FA Cup are the realistic chances of success, we aint gonna win the league in the next 3yrs, maybes weve got a chance of breaking into the top 4.

Keegan is spot on in that interview, he also comes across as somebody who had confidence in what he's trying to do and that he’s confident it will work out.  Keegan has spent money well for us in the past and I'm convinced that he will again.  The easiest thing for him to do during the window would have been to spend but it would have been the wrong thing to do if he was spending for the sake of it.  That sort of thing is why we’re going through a bad patch now, we’ve often bought for the sake of it.

Keegan is spot on in that interview, he also comes across as somebody who had confidence in what he's trying to do and that he’s confident it will work out.  Keegan has spent money well for us in the past and I'm convinced that he will again.  The easiest thing for him to do during the window would have been to spend but it would have been the wrong thing to do if he was spending for the sake of it.  That sort of thing is why we’re going through a bad patch now, we’ve often bought for the sake of it.

what he said