Keegan Interview On Footy Focus

Tooj

Is Keegan a liar, NE5?

Well?

what ?

He's good at saying the right thing, Kev like.

Do you think he's going to say outright he didn't want Dennis Wise ?

You know full well I'm on about him saying the funds were there if he wanted them. That we didn't buy anyone because he chose not to, rather than the board not backing him.

no, I didn't.

I hope he is telling the truth and not just saying the right thing although with good intentions.

Lawrenson does my nut in. Cannot stand the scouse knat squirt. Just another cuddle corner of has beens, who cannot get jobs as managers, so try to portray they know what they are talking about, when they don't really.  :cheesy:

Is Keegan a liar, NE5?

Well?

what ?

You know full well I'm on about him saying the funds were there if he wanted them. That we didn't buy anyone because he chose not to, rather than the board not backing him.

Hello? NE5?? 

:tumbleweed: 

bye fred bob

what ?

Chris Mort has said that he'd be bringing in a new management team who knew about football, he's virtually said that from day 1 so I doubt he'd have kept it from Keegan.

Even Keegan is now a liar by saying that he knew of 3 names considered and that Wise was his preferred candidate, give it a rest.

What if the names where.  Wise, Lawrenson, Crooks?

indeed

mackems.gif

Is Keegan a liar, NE5?

Well?

what ?

no, I didn't.

I hope he is telling the truth and not just saying the right thing although with good intentions.

Yeah, cos we spent ages yesterday arguing about Wise. :lol:

I hope he's telling the truth too. In which case your worries about the board would be incorrect.

Is Keegan a liar, NE5?

Well?

what ?

no, I didn't.

Yeah, cos we spent ages yesterday arguing about Wise. :lol:

I hope he's telling the truth too. In which case your worries about the board would be incorrect.

i'd very much doubt keegan would come out and say "the funding is there...just watch" which he has done...(not word for word i know)....if he didnt believe it was there.

then we fall into parkys paradox....why would ashley buy nufc ,spend so much on it, naturally want to make money on it and the only to do that would be for nufc to be succesful which means significant investment on the playing side.

Just listening to him, i have faith in him. And i'm not being overly romantic, which is what can and has happened since his return. His words just spread confidence; i don't know what it is about him. The two lengthy interviews i've seen of him, the Press Conference when he arrived and that one there, i've just sat with a beaming smile on my face.

Whether it's the stone cold facts: "I do have resources to strengthen, I have got a good management team to shoulder the burden..."  or whether it's the sentimental stuff: "I love this club, I think we can be successful here..."  you just believe him, don't you?

Throwing the recent shite on the pitch into disregard (absolutely nothing to do with Keegan), you've just got to feel a tad more optimistic.

My only worry after the interview is kev said he will spend the money in the summer on  transfer targets ,

Woodgate was always going to join spuds because of europe etc so where does that leave us and building a top class team with nothing to realistically offer anyone .You could say Europe but kev said premiership players he was after (could be wrong on that) and that rules out a lot of players who are going to be with there clubs in Euro competitions .

My only worry after the interview is kev said he will spend the money in the summer on  transfer targets ,

Woodgate was always going to join spuds because of europe etc so where does that leave us and building a top class team with nothing to realistically offer anyone .You could say Europe but kev said premiership players he was after (could be wrong on that) and that rules out a lot of players who are going to be with there clubs in Euro competitions .

Robson had the same problem and got us into the CL.

idon't think the euro stuff made the difference,they wanted him more than we did.

idon't think the euro stuff made the difference,they wanted him more than we did.

one of the rumours was that we came in too late after he'd already verbally agreed to join Spurs.

I can still remember when Keegan was first here and he came on Sky, the pub I drink in would go quiet and the volume would go up while he was on.  The only two people who got that sort of attention were Keegan and Sir Bobby, it's the same again, he's got charisma and people up here want to listen to everything he says.

Robson had the same problem and got us into the CL.

Yes but the club hadn't sunk to its current depths when SBR came in - it was only 2 years after we finished second in the Prem...

Guest optimistic nit

everton villa city and pompey have done it. you just need to spend smart, thats all.

I enjoyed the interview but thinking back now one thing slightly disappointed me. When he was talking about Ashley's "win something" mandate he said the league was out of the question.

What I would have said in that situation would have been "how much are you willing to spend?"

I think £40m-£50m = top 6 and possibility of a cup which is what Keegan implied.

£100m = good chance of top 4.

£200m = chance of title.

Why not?

everton villa city and pompey have done it. you just need to spend smart, thats all.

2 Years till the next ANC, Africans are the way to go here.

Yes i know where your coming from so will KK spend smart only time will tell.