Nicky Butt your time is up

TRon

I think he's generally been quite a good player for us in his time here. :smug:

I don't. He was a decent-ish player that wasn't really interested when he first came here, and since his return from Birmingham hes been a generally poor player with the odd decent game here and there.

Absolute rubbish. He was our best player throughout the last 12-15 games of last season.

Comedy gerld. :lol:

How did this myth about Butt being a plucky, useful, just about good enough squad player ever get started? 

He is shit.  Atrociously shit.  He has been shit since he left Man Utd.  At no point in his career with Newcastle has he ever approached "good enough".  Not in the first team, not as a squad player, not as a tea lady.  Shipping him off was the best thing Souness ever did.  If he was in his mid-20s or foreign, he would be a national joke on the order of Boumsong.  I can't fucking stand the man and I want him gone.  NOW.

s**** as usual. Laughable how people think he deserves to be anywhere near the side

I would like to be fair in having an opinion on him, and would like to say that if he limits his game to simple passes only with no flighted balls at all then he's still a half decent backup workhorse midfielder to have in the squad.

But he can't even play simple passes to players right next to him at times. It's f***ing shocking how someone can be this bad when they're supposedly Premiership standard and are getting regular games.

I think there are a fair number of central midfielders in the Championship we could sign who are better than him and would contribute more to the side. Danny Pugh from Preston for example, miles better than this Jekyll and Hyde pile of dog s***.

s**** as usual. Laughable how people think he deserves to be anywhere near the side. Another shining example of Kinnear NOT picking by reputation  :lol:

To be fair, he isn't the first Newcastle manager to be blind to this fact.  No less excusable though.

Nicky Butt has had a major stake in five years of failure.  In a period of constant change and turmoil, he has been the almost constant steaming dog turd at the club.  GET HIM OUT.

Good god we need to get rid of him.

I would say I dont mind keeping him around the place as he is a good pro, but that actually offers the chance he might get another game for us.

In the position we are in we just dont have time for 1 great game in 5, where he will then consistently give the ball away and conceed silly fouls.

Our squad needs so much tinkering its frightening. We will be lucky to get the tip of the iceberg by February which may just be too late.

I bet Kinnear still thinks that he's the Nicky Butt of 1997.

It seems that the fans are the only who have figured out Butt's real ability. Butt's been performing absolute s*ite 9 of 10 games ever since he joined us but very single manager of us have played him in a starting role no matter what! Absolutely disgusting...

EDIT: Jawesome...he's gonna get a new contract with a raise

Guest GAMMELL

Shocking state of affairs, just how long are we goina be lumbered with this ginger tosser about the club? Complete and utter liability and it seems as if only the f*cking fans realise it.

Piss off Butt  :no:

If he gets a new contract I'm going to shoot my cat in the face with a quad cannon.

Was it not a case that if he plays 19 games then he gets the chance of a contract anyway? We could always just drop him from now so he doesn't reach that tally and he can then walk for free...won't happen though.

I'd agree with you 100% if we didnt have Alan Smith on our payroll.

I forgot all about him and now you've made my day even worse, I hope you're proud of that.

Just be happy the proverb "your only as strong as your weakest link" isnt always true or we really would be fooked, not least because there are too many to choose from.