Nicky Butt your time is up

TRon

I don't remember ever saying anything positive about Butt, but he certainly has his advantages.. no problem seeing him here next year, as long as he's not starting every game.. hopefully the new manager won't be afraid to drop big reputation players

I think he's generally been quite a good player for us in his time here. :smug:

I don't. He was a decent-ish player that wasn't really interested when he first came here, and since his return from Birmingham hes been a generally poor player with the odd decent game here and there.

1 more year as a squad player is fine by me. hopefully the new manager will see him as that and not a guaranteed starter.

Are you fucking joking? That's exactly what he'll be, a guaranteed starter for another year. He's not a bad squad player, but if he's around no British manager will put him on the bench. Another year of stagnation guaranteed.

1 more year as a squad player is fine by me. hopefully the new manager will see him as that and not a guaranteed starter.

Are you fucking joking? That's exactly what he'll be, a guaranteed starter for another year. He's not a bad squad player, but if he's around no British manager will put him on the bench. Another year of stagnation guaranteed.

If we're looking at a £6m-rated CM as it stands (and if we get one) and then Barton gets back from injury as well, do you still think Butt will be an automatic starter?

I think phasing him out is the best way to go about it.

If we're looking at a £6m-rated CM as it stands (and if we get one) and then Barton gets back from injury as well, do you still think Butt will be an automatic starter?

I think phasing him out is the best way to go about it.

I hope that's how it turns out. If it does, I've no problem with Butt as a very useful squad player.

Guest The Libertine

as has just been said, if we can replace him well enough he'll be a handy enough squad player for a year. he has his best games after he's been out for a game or 2 so playing him sparingly might have decent results for him and us.

I don't. He was a decent-ish player that wasn't really interested when he first came here, and since his return from Birmingham hes been a generally poor player with the odd decent game here and there.

Absolute rubbish. He was our best player throughout the last 12-15 games of last season.

If Kinnear can leave Taylor out because someone has come in and done well then I can see him doing the same with Butt.

If Kinnear can leave Taylor out because someone has come in and done well then I can see him doing the same with Butt.

Taylor wasn't left out, he lost his place through injury and Bassong took his chance. Same applies to Duff otherwise both players would still be playing IMO. To be fair, Kinnear showed some balls by not bringnig Owen straight back into the team when Shola was doing well, we'll see what happens when Barton comes back into the running.

Are you f***ing joking? That's exactly what he'll be, a guaranteed starter for another year. He's not a bad squad player, but if he's around no British manager will put him on the bench. Another year of stagnation guaranteed.

Taylor wasn't left out, he lost his place through injury and Bassong took his chance. Same applies to Duff otherwise both players would still be playing IMO. To be fair, Kinnear showed some balls by not bringnig Owen straight back into the team when Shola was doing well, we'll see what happens when Barton comes back into the running.

Butt was out through injury, Geremi had a decent game against Stoke playing a major part in the second goal, and Butt was restored straight away.

Are you f***ing joking? That's exactly what he'll be, a guaranteed starter for another year. He's not a bad squad player, but if he's around no British manager will put him on the bench. Another year of stagnation guaranteed.

Butt was out through injury, Geremi had a decent game against Stoke playing a major part in the second goal, and Butt was restored straight away.

He was fucking useless in the second half.

Absolute rubbish. He was our best player throughout the last 12-15 games of last season.

I think its safe to say we're not going to agree here as I think that statement is absolute rubbish.

I think its safe to say we're not going to agree here as I think that statement is absolute rubbish.

agreed, Barton and Geremi in the midfield were better. Oba the standout player for me, when he came back the ANC he really changed things

He was f***ing useless in the second half.

Who wasn't in that match.

He was the weakest of the three midfielders, all the strikers were better than him, and Habib was streets ahead.

Comedy gerld. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I dont think I've seen as bad a performance in the Premier League in recent times as from Butt today.

If this was Ali Dia or Fumaca or some other joke "footballer" playing, it is a performance that would have lived in the memory long after the player had immediately been shipped out. There'd be 20 minute long dedicated youtube clips of nothing but shockingly abysmal passes and first touches by this clown masquerading as a Premiership footballer.