Who in our team is good enough for NUFC?

Guest TrEe

I want to know your ipinions on who is good enough to play for NUFC?

Personly I think Given, Beye, "Enrique" Taylor, Faye, zoggy, Duff, Emre, Owen and Martins are good enough, the rest can fuck off.

I think Players like Butt, Milner and Smith are useless and slow our build up play down, those three for me is the biggest reason we are as useless as we are. Smith is a striker who starts every game for us, but hasn't managed to score one goal yet?! and how man assists does Milner have? And don't even get me started about Butt!?!?

Given

Beye

Faye

Taylor

Enrique

N'Zogbia

Duff

Milner

Owen

Martins

That said, I'd not be devastated if we sold any of them with the possible exception of N'Zogbia. Everyone else needs to either improve massively or gtf.

Today's team:

Given,

Carr,

not Taylor,

not Cacapa,

N'Zogbia,

not Butt (away from home to see us through this season but not after that),

Barton,

Duff,

Emre,

not Smith,

Owen,

not Viduka,

not Milner.

I think if quality is added to our squad it will improve the players around them no end.

For a minute I will live in a dream world, but if we added a top class Woodgate, Carrick and Berbatov to our team then it will make it good. Carrick next to Barton can work and this will make a fluid supply to our wings where I think we have quality in Zoggy, Duff and Milner. Owen would benefit playing next to someone like Berb and Woodgate and Faye would be immense.

Obviously none of these players are realistic options but if we could add 3 similar players I think it would make a massive improvement. I would be reluctant to make wholesale changes again as we need some continuity.

I think if quality is added to our squad it will improve the players around them no end.

For a minute I will live in a dream world, but if we added a top class Woodgate, Carrick and Berbatov to our team then it will make it good. Carrick next to Barton can work and this will make a fluid supply to our wings where I think we have quality in Zoggy, Duff and Milner. Owen would benefit playing next to someone like Berb and Woodgate and Faye would be immense.

Obviously none of these players are realistic options but if we could add 3 similar players I think it would make a massive improvement. I would be reluctant to make wholesale changes again as we need some continuity.

Good point.

Woodgate-Faye CB would've have been top notch, too bad we didn't get him.

zoggy

Beye

Faye

Taylor

Duff, Smith and Owen if they play like they have done elsewhere and put bad injuries completely behind them

Not sure about Enrique yet.

Barton and Milner are squad players. Butt has been a good player in his career, but we should long term look to replace him

That is all.I'm being quite generous, as only the top 4 players have performed as to how I would want Newcastle players to play.

After today, Keegan will know he needs a goalkeeper, and not before time.

Yes, hard as it is to say it. His kicking is atrocious, he has become indecisive.I think Keegan prefers more physically imposing keepers anyway.

I finally agree with this, Given needs to be replaced.

I want to know your ipinions on who is good enough to play for NUFC?

Personly I think Given, Beye, "Enrique" Taylor, Faye, zoggy, Duff, Emre, Owen and Martins are good enough, the rest can fuck off.

I think Players like Butt, Milner and Smith are useless and slow our build up play down, those three for me is the biggest reason we are as useless as we are. Smith is a striker who starts every game for us, but hasn't managed to score one goal yet?! and how man assists does Milner have? And don't even get me started about Butt!?!?

Depends what level you think NUFC should be at - if its lower mid table, our while first team is good enough. If its top 6/7, half of them will have to be fucked off, and others will have to prove themselves*

* Anyone saying Enrique is "good enough" based on a couple of games is takling outof their soopafan arse. The likes of Faye might well be, but again, he's not poven it really yet.

zoggy

Beye

Faye

Taylor

Duff, Smith and Owen if they play like they have done elsewhere and put bad injuries completely behind them

Not sure about Enrique yet.

Barton and Milner are squad players. Butt has been a good player in his career, but we should long term look to replace him

That is all.I'm being quite generous, as only the top 4 players have performed as to how I would want Newcastle players to play.

Agree with all that.

Definitely Retain:

Enrique and N'Zogbia have the pedigree to be very good players.  Definitely retain.

Cacapa is on a bad patch, but put him behind a set of good midfielders and I think he will come good.

Beye is exceptional IMO and should be our captain.

Faye is exactly what this team lacks; Premiership ready professionals who don't panic and act like children.

On the fence:

Taylor and Milner are sub-par at the moment, but should probably be retained as squad players unless massive offers come in.

Martins is a good player, but not a great one.

Emre hasn't done enough to convince me, but may stay unless we make a profit.

Given is not as irreplaceable as he once was, but is still valuable.

Owen, Duff, Viduka may be past it.  Sell if possible.

Smith I don't particularly care about or see the point of.  But I wouldn't cut him loose for less than 3 or 4 mil.

Out now:

Barton is a nasty thug, I don't have the patience to put up with him.

Butt, Carr & Ramage should be taken into a large field and shot like the poor, lame mules they are, by a teary eyed Farmer Keegan.

Bottom line:

We need 8 or 9 new players at a minimum, 5 or 6 of whom should be able to walk into the first team.  A tall order, but a necessary one.

given, beye, faye, taylor, maybe enrique, milner, duff, emre, barton, nzogbia, martins, owen ... anyone else? i probs forgot a major one  :idiot2:

from the past 5 games then stephen carr, tbh hes been class

Did you like the way he jumped like a fat leprechaun's grandmother for Boro's goal?

He is an old, useless player who has no business in this league.  We are the only ones daft enough to employee him.  I have my doubts about whether he'd even end up at a Championship club if we cut him loose.

given, beye, faye, taylor, maybe enrique, milner, duff, emre, barton, nzogbia, martins, owen ... anyone else? i probs forgot a major one  :idiot2:

Carr hasn't been class. He's been acceptbale - i.e. less utter wank than normal.

Jesus, we have to take our heads out of our arses, we look fucking stupid when we big players up just cos they play for us, when its shit like Carr.

Did you like the way he jumped like a fat leprechaun's grandmother for Boro's goal?

He is an old, useless player who has no business in this league.  We are the only ones daft enough to employee him.  I have my doubts about whether he'd even end up at a Championship club if we cut him loose.

whats he done wrong that other players have done better? hes been our best defender in the past few games just people hate him from the past so much they dont realise, a bit like shola, before hes even started to play everyone libs the fucker

whats he done wrong that other players have done better? hes been our best defender in the past few games just people hate him from the past so much they dont realise, a bit like shola, before hes even started to play everyone libs the fucker

Like Shola, people just know he's shit.

Given is incapable of cohesing with a system of building from the back, and isn't making the saves he used to.

Taylor's technique isn't good enough to build from the back, and his footballing brain is average at best.

Butt can't pass and is always chasing shadows in the second half.

N'Zogbia can't defend and gives the ball away.

Cacapa is too slow.

Milner is too slow, wastes the ball and delivers pitiful crosses.

Emre and Geremi stroll around the pitch and have no midfield presence.

Barton is always off the pace and is a disgrace to humanity.

Harper has been happy to sit on the bench for his whole career.

Smith does nothing. Ever.

Owen only cares about England, never sticks his finger out, and never does anything except score goals.

Viduka is slow and unfit.

Martins runs around in aimless circles.

Duff is always running backwards. And he isn't N'Zogbia.

Ramage lacks basic defensive skills.

Tozer, Zambrella, Baheng, Kadar, Soderberg, Krul, Carroll, Lua Lua, Edgar etc shouldn't be allowed to develop their potential as they aren't trophy signings.

Ameobi isn't a footballer.

Enrique is mostly seen eating ice cream with Albert Luque, and if thats the most we've seen, he must be shit.

Beye cost £2m. Therefore there is no ambition in having this player in the team.

Faye is massive. Dennis Wise could easily squirm between his legs. This isn't good enough.

Lets bring the players down and ship them out on the basis of their weaknesses rather than trying to encourage the players to use their strengths.