Conspiracy theory

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest Brazilianbob

Anyone else starting to think the establishment is conspiring to get us relegated because

(a) Ashley is the new boy on the block who ripped off the city when he floated Sports Direct; and

(b) the fans contributed to getting the great white hope of English football (BSA) sacked without giving him enough time?

I know I sound paranoid, but the number of blatantly wrong decisions that are going against us are verging on the unbelievable.  If it was happening to ManU or Arsenal they would be calling for a public enquiry.

Nope.

Those decisions always go against a club like Newcastle, especially when you are at the bottom.

The main reason they wont bring in TV replays any time soon - it will hurt the big boys too much.

Two questions:

1 - Who is at "the bottom" then?

2 - Who are "the big boys" then? 

Why do some people not know that the 'current' three most successful clubs (or "four", or "two" or whatever) have not always been that and will not always be that . . . It is all just temporary.  Also, why do some people think mid-table is at the bottom, when talking about us?

Both things appear to be borne out of having some kind of 'Inferiority Complex'. 

Guest Erich von Manstein

Jesus fucking christ!!!

Exactly, how fucking embarrassing is this thread?

We're shite is the reason we're not doing well, when will people stop making excuses for the players?

Anyone else starting to think the establishment is conspiring to get us relegated because

(a) Ashley is the new boy on the block who ripped off the city when he floated Sports Direct; and

(b) the fans contributed to getting the great white hope of English football (BSA) sacked without giving him enough time?

I know I sound paranoid, but the number of blatantly wrong decisions that are going against us are verging on the unbelievable.  If it was happening to ManU or Arsenal they would be calling for a public enquiry.

People should do some research on the famous Lobo-Solti case which was investigated by the famous Sunday Times Football correspondent, Brian Glanville.This concerned some incredible happenings during the 2 European Cup Games between Juventus and Derby County when Clough was in charge in 1973.

The stuff Glanville uncovered by talking to the Ref, the Portuguese Lobo was absolutely mind-blowing...

Do not doubt anything in Football..

Nope.

Those decisions always go against a club like Newcastle, especially when you are at the bottom.

The main reason they wont bring in TV replays any time soon - it will hurt the big boys too much.

Two questions:

1 - Who is at "the bottom" then?

2 - Who are "the big boys" then? 

Why do some people not know that the 'current' three most successful clubs (or "four", or "two" or whatever) have not always been that and will not always be that . . . It is all just temporary.  Also, why do some people think mid-table is at the bottom, when talking about us?

Both things appear to be borne out of having some kind of 'Inferiority Complex'. 

Man United have had decisions go there way for at least the past 15 years, more or less the same with Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. As long as those 4 have been qualifying for CL theyve had decisions go their way.

Teams at the bottom are those 5 or 6 down near relegation, it happens every year that bad decisions go against them, tho its highlighted by the fact they are at the bottom.

Theres no doubt in my mind that the FA want Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool to finish in the top 4, and after that they'd be happy if a London team broke in. TV replays might harm this, though I also believe some officials are on the take.

I'm always amazed at people in this country thinking that refs can't possibly be corrupted. Well either they are corruptible or their decision making is flawed to the point of embarrassment.  How many times do Man U get decisions that other teams wouldn't? The refs may not be corrupted in that case but they are so scared of Ferguson they bottle it every time. On the other hand I was amazed to see Clattenburg book Rooney for diving in the penalty area on Saturday, but there is no doubt in my mind if that had been against us at Old Trafford reffed by Mike Riley or the clown we had on Saturday that would have definitely been a Man U penalty.

And the refs come to our place with an attitude of "I'm going to show these Geordie bastards I'm not going to be swayed by them", surely its there for all of us to see?

If they aren't corruptible, or do it because they're scared of Ferguson and the like they are a bunch of inadequate muppets.

Yeah that's far more believable than us just being a bit shit.

It was hilarious watching the replay of the goals on SKY just after the final whistle at St James' in the concourse area. This guy was screaming at the TV saying 2 Boro players were offside, so i turned around and said to him why aren't you screaming at the defence for allowing 2 players to be coming in at the back post and winning a header when trying to supposedly defend a lead. There is no conspiracy, the decisions are not making us shite - the players can handle that one all by themselves.

Guest Gemmill

It was hilarious watching the replay of the goals on SKY just after the final whistle at St James' in the concourse area. This guy was screaming at the TV saying 2 Boro players were offside, so i turned around and said to him why aren't you screaming at the defence for allowing 2 players to be coming in at the back post and winning a header when trying to supposedly defend a lead.

I bet you didn't. :razz:  I bet you mumbled it to your mate quiet enough so that the bloke couldn't hear.

It was hilarious watching the replay of the goals on SKY just after the final whistle at St James' in the concourse area. This guy was screaming at the TV saying 2 Boro players were offside, so i turned around and said to him why aren't you screaming at the defence for allowing 2 players to be coming in at the back post and winning a header when trying to supposedly defend a lead.

I bet you didn't. :razz:  I bet you mumbled it to your mate quiet enough so that the bloke couldn't hear.

:-)

If you honestly start believing that refs are corrupted then surely there's not much point in following football right now? That said, the mistakes are so grievous and frequent at the minute that they could do with an investigation as to why. Not necessarily accusing them of taking bribes etc., but actually sitting down the British refs in front of a large video screen and explaining why hundreds of decisions in the last few years have been simply appaulling. Right now luck is not on our side ref wise, but it really has been in the past so it's a "what goes around, comes around" situation for me. I don't think they're corrupt, just really, really shit and unaware of how football is actually played.

Reffing will never be perfect in football because so many decisions are pretty much 50/50 borderline.

Depending on the ref's personality, he'll either always give these decisions to the home side, due to influence from the crowd, or always to the away side, in order to appear more "neutral" even though he's being just as unfair. The ref will always be biased to one side or another.

The top 4, of course, will always get decisions just by being who they are.

In a pardoxical way, I think Uriah Rennie is actually the fairest ref in the league. He'll almost invariably get every borderline decision wrong, regardless of which side is involved.

Last night I had to rip the thermostat off the wall.  Those guys in the black pajamas were using it to spy on me.  Two weeks ago a dozen of those bastards came for me and I was barely able to fight them off.  I don't know if I could do it again...

So yeah, I'm with you.  Neither of us is paranoid btw.  They really are watching me and now they are watching you too.  Be careful.