Keegan Interview Finished - Recap/Listen Again 1st Post

Greg

It wouldn't get asked but I'd love to ask him just what he thinks Alan Smith is actually capable of contributing to the first team. A more inane question would be to ask what areas of the squad he believes need strengthening the most. And something about how likely we are to be able to keep N'Zogbia.

Maybe I'm naive, but Keegan seems like a trustworthy bloke for someone in football, even moreso than I ever remember.

Certainly cut from a different cloth to our previous three gaffers, it would seem.

Resigned because he was half a season into a contract which he hadn't signed and was not happy with promises being broken.

that is true, but baggy says it was because he said he couldn't motivate the players anymore. He must know Keegan well ..... 

mackems.gif

Wonder if he'll say owt about this DOF malarkey, as some people who insist this brings guaranteed success have kept a low profile since Dennis Wise was appointed and KK is very much trying to hide the fact he doesn't like it one iota.

Good answer as well. Pace isn't the be all and end all. The majority of Arsenal's players don't have what you'd call "electric pace", but they think ahead of the game and pass/move constantly. They have a few who are very quick, but it's the other things that are most important.

Resigned because he was half a season into a contract which he hadn't signed and was not happy with promises being broken.

that is true, but baggy says it was because he said he couldn't motivate the players anymore. He must know Keegan well .....   

mackems.gif

Wonder if he'll say owt about this DOF malarkey, as some people who insist this brings guaranteed success have kept a low profile since Dennis Wise was appointed and KK is very much trying to hide the fact he doesn't like it one iota.

If you're saying he lied in his autobiography then I take it we can't take anything he said in it as fact, like how it wasn't Sir John Hall who wanted him as manager...