Aston Villa V Newcastle Pre-Match Thread 9/2/08 12.45 Kick Off

Jamie

cant believe anyone thinks Shay Given is a brilliant keeper, we're just used to his standard after 10 years

he's decent, no better

Ya...voted twice on the pfas team of the year [2002+2006]with such a s*** defence in front of him as well!!I think thats our fans mentality...dying for a chance to shoot the players down..needs to stop!Name the keeper you would prefer to have here who we could sign n place of Given?

name the keeper we could sign?

what the f*** does that have to do with whether or not Given is a brilliant keeper?

Well...you said Givens only an average keeper so I presume you would prefer a different keeper?

of course i would

i'd also prefer a different striker to Owen and a different DM to Butt

In fairness, we have only one player who i'd REALLY want to keep, and only a handful i'd keep if we were a top 6 club.

As for tomorrows game: i think we might scrape a 1-1 draw, as Villa seem slightly subdued recently. This woudl be a good result for us, i reckon.

Taylor?

cant believe anyone thinks Shay Given is a brilliant keeper, we're just used to his standard after 10 years

he's decent, no better

Ya...voted twice on the pfas team of the year [2002+2006]with such a s*** defence in front of him as well!!I think thats our fans mentality...dying for a chance to shoot the players down..needs to stop!Name the keeper you would prefer to have here who we could sign n place of Given?

what the f*** does that have to do with whether or not Given is a brilliant keeper?

Well...you said Givens only an average keeper so I presume you would prefer a different keeper?

of course i would

Fair enough but who would you get in whose better than Given?Agree abt Butt but not so sure abt Owen

he's decent, no better

of course i would

Fair enough but who would you get in whose better than Given?Agree abt Butt but not so sure abt Owen

On current form half the keepers in the Prem.

I reckon we have a great chance to win if we play

Given

Beye Faye Taylor Enrique

Milner Barton Emre Duff

Owen Viduka

I expect however to see Carr Butt and Smith in there and maybe Cacapa which will seriously dent our chances

Cant wait to see if Beye is starting dont think he will be though reckon KK will stick with Carr which means Villa's best player in Ashley Young against our worst player.

Dont think hes been our worst in recent games tbf

Cant wait to see if Beye is starting dont think he will be though reckon KK will stick with Carr which means Villa's best player in Ashley Young against our worst player.

Carr has been much improved of late so our worts player, hmmm maybe not, but I do hope Beye starts the game, he has had a week in training with KK so I think there is a good chance he could use him..

-----------------Given

Beye----Cacapa-----Faye------Enrique

Milner---Barton------Emre------Duff

----------Owen------Viduka

BENCH

Harper

Taylor

Carr

Smith

Carroll

No he hasnt but i mean Young in my opinion will rip him apart

No he hasnt but i mean Young in my opinion will rip him apart

Agree Young will just have to much pace and energy for Carr, Beye is a must.

After the praise he gave Cacapa and the fact he likes Taylor i cant see Faye starting unless he plays him midfield

Keegan called Cacapa his rock thats why I went with him and not Taylor, he won;t have seen Faye in midfeild so I doubt Kev will play him there, for me its Faye's best position though, so I can see Faye being in at CB and Taylor on the bench.

Maloney is supposed to be playing for Villa which would mean Young on the right

we must not give many freekicks away tomorrow

If Smith starts, we lose.

Heh, if we're winning comfortably with Smith on the bench come 80 minutes, I reckon we should play him just so he can pick up a yellow & a 2 match ban. Gets him out the way.  ;D

I agree with the above if Smith's playing we are cattle-trucked.

If not, I believe that we may beat Villa 1-2 You can't expect these defenders to manage to stop ANY team scoring - but we are WELL overdue to score a couple - WELL overdue.

Toon in training..

"where's my fkn left nutt gone?"

http://cache1.gettyimages.com/xc/79642939.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935121260197D6DE781F09CF75D0C6BE6A

http://cache3.gettyimages.com/xc/79642891.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935121260197D6DE782822004EADDE0B5B

http://cache3.gettyimages.com/xc/79642957.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935121260197D6DE7863DBA667051FF180

http://cache4.gettyimages.com/xc/79642949.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935121260197D6DE78677945D6EB512177

http://cache1.gettyimages.com/xc/79642934.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935121260197D6DE7842DACC9B0A3EABD8

http://cache1.gettyimages.com/xc/79642936.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1935121260197D6DE7837E3AAD5DE45EECD