Aston Villa V Newcastle Pre-Match Thread 9/2/08 12.45 Kick Off

Jamie

Enrique played last night so lets hope he is still fit.

------------------Given

Beye------Cacapa------Faye-----Enrique

Milner------Barton------Emre-----Duff

------------Owen--------Martins

BENCH

Harper

Taylor

Carr

Butt

Viduka

That gives us a lack of height in midfield though, so how about.....

------------------Given

Beye------Taylor------Cacapa-----Enrique

Milner------Barton------Faye-----Duff

------------Owen--------Martins

BENCH

Harper

Carr

Emre

Butt

Viduka

Makes sense unless Beye shows in training that he's a cut above Carr especially going forward.

Enough pre-Keegan staff there to let him know that Beye is a way better player than Carr, he also showed great dedication with how fast he got back here from the A.C.O.N.

He will have had a full week in training too so I think he will start ahead ofr Carr.

Makes sense unless Beye shows in training that he's a cut above Carr especially going forward.

Enough pre-Keegan staff there to let him know that Beye is a way better player than Carr, he also showed great dedication with how fast he got back here from the A.C.O.N.

He will have had a full week in training too so I think he will start ahead ofr Carr.

Great dedication? How come Diouf was back and able to play on the bench for Bolton yet a day later Habib wasn't available for selection. Only takes 6 hours on a plane, not exactly great dedication.

Great dedication? How come Diouf was back and able to play on the bench for Bolton yet a day later Habib wasn't available for selection. Only takes 6 hours on a plane, not exactly great dedication.

Keegan said he watched the match at home, I think it was more of a case of us resting him rather than him not being here, Faye was back later and Martins not back until tomorrow.

as with the players i think will get to know the staff before he trusts them too much (they would've been the ones backing allardyces use of smith in midfield and  etc)

as with the players i think will get to know the staff before he trusts them too much (they would've been the ones backing allardyces use of smith in midfield and  etc)

Aye all apart from Terry Mac :lol:

I'd go with;

Given

Beye        Taylor      Cacapa    Enrique

Faye

Emre

Barton                                        Duff

Martins

Owen

and simply try and out play them. I think KK will go for;

Given

Carr        Taylor      Cacapa    Enrique

Butt

Emre

Barton                                      Duff

Smith

Owen

My only issues are Smith and Butt. Replace Butt with Faye and Smith with Duke or Martins and i will be happy.

There really is absolutely no place in the starting line-up for Smith for this game. Owen, Viduka, Shola and possibly Martins are all available for upfront. Faye, Barton, Emre and Butt are all available for centre-mid. If Smith starts i'll be pissed off something rotten.

On another note, i doubt he'll start with Barton down the right again. He gave his reasoning for that move against Boro but said it won't happen too often. And with Milner scoring two in midweek, i think he'll probably go straight back into the team.

I think he'll probably have Enrique on the bench, too, and keep Zoggy at left-back.

I'd go, if all fit...

Harper

Beye  Taylor  Caçapa  Enrique

Duff    Faye  Barton    N'Zogbia

Martins  Owen

Subs: Given, Carr, Emre, Milner, Viduka

That's pretty close to what i'd regard as our best team too. Previously i've said that Faye would be more benefit to the team at centre-back, but we really need some strength in the middle. Sick and tired of us getting bullied out of the game in the centre-mid. Emre's got more about his game that Butt, but he only really plods into tackles, he isn't particularly effective from a defensive point of view.

Faye did well at defensive-mid away at Chelsea and home to Man City. He can win the ball, shield it, and play it - which is more than the rest of our midfielders can do. He's also got a good turn of pace.

Taylor and Caçapa have had a few games together and it's probably worth seeing if they can forge a partnership. Faye will protect the defense too, which is good.

And given that he's probably our best centre-midfielder on his day, it's worth giving Barton a run in the team. We've got nothing to lose in that respect, seeing as Butt's terrible and Emre can't play away from home (impact sub).

Faye has to play centre-half for me on Sunday, especially up against Carew.

That's a fair point actually, i hadn't thought about Carew. Hmm. It's so difficult with Faye; didn't Bolton have the same problem? He was just as good in midfield as he was at centre-back.

Hmm. Probably is best putting him in there against Carew isn't it. Caçapa/Faye. Barton/Emre at CM. Fuck em.

Faye has to play centre-half for me on Sunday, especially up against Carew.

Good shout!!

here ------ have a lemon..

:D

;D

quoted me before I added the lemon :lol:

I was going to use this lemon..

http://www.queerupnorth.com/gd/thumbnailFixedWidth.php?table=media&field=MainImage&mimetype=image/jpeg&ID=361&maxwidth=233

Given

Beye Taylor Cacapa Enrique

Milner Barton Faye Duff

Martins Owen

Go out like this and I can somehow concieve us playing decent football.

Taylor and Cacapa being outmuscled by Carew will probably still cost us the game, but the alternative is to be completely run over by a superb Aston Villa midfield.

At least this way we have some hope on the attack.

Given

Milner Barton Faye Duff

Martins Owen

Taylor and Cacapa being outmuscled by Carew will probably still cost us the game, but the alternative is to be completely run over by a superb Aston Villa midfield.

Superb midfield? You're having a laugh there. On the evidence of hte last three games, we don't have one.

Given

Milner Barton Faye Duff

Martins Owen

Superb midfield? You're having a laugh there. On the evidence of hte last three games, we don't have one.

Brummie's right, Villa are shit. 3 points minimum on Saturday!

Given

Milner Barton Faye Duff

Martins Owen

Mate who's a Villa fan thinks you have the best midfield outside the top 4. Perhaps he's just thick.

Haven't seen any Villa games recently so I really can't comment.

Given

Milner Barton Faye Duff

Martins Owen

Forgetting who you're playing?

Up against Villa we cant afford to play both Taylor and Cacapa as one will make mistakes, so Faye MUST start at CB, id go for:

Given

Beye    Faye    Taylor    Enrique

Milner  Barton    Emre    Duff

Owen  Smith

Subs: Harper, Cacapa, Butt, Viduka, Carr

Martins for Smith if he is fit, dropping Carr from the bench.

Cacapa had a good game the other day but i think Villa may be a bit too good for him.