David Bentley

James

Not quite sure what they were raving about tonight

:kasper: :kasper:

Don't think he played badly, not by any means, he was good in that first half. A lot of his delivery was very good in that first 45, but to say he wasn't a bit wasteful at times would be unrealistic. Of the very crowded midfield, he probably adapted to the short passing game best, but he drifted out of the game massivley and it wasn't exactly a 'classic' winger's performance.

I'm just trying to make the point that the BBC really do overrate stuff. Like i say, i thought he was pretty decent, but they were making out it was a matchwinning performance when it was really, pretty much, an in-and-out performance from him.

Maybe i'm just being cynical. I'd definitely have him there for the next game, anyhow.

Always makes himself available for the ball.

Knows what his strong points are and always plays within himself, never forces the situation, and so hardly ever gets caught on the ball or misplaces a pass.

Brilliant freekicks and corners.

Brilliant technique on the ball.

Was excellent and influential out wide and then through the middle.

Very, very impressive player.

How much do you think he is worth to Blackburn? 12? 15? Something like that?

I'm a big fan too btw...even if I do think he is a bit of a cunt for that u21 thing, he's a tremendous player and I hope Sven is suitably interested in him for our problem right hand side.

How much do you think he is worth to Blackburn? 12? 15? Something like that?

I'm a big fan too btw...even if I do think he is a bit of a cunt for that u21 thing, he's a tremendous player and I hope Sven is suitably interested in him for our problem right hand side.

A big club could come in and test the water with something like a £10m bid. If Man Utd, for eg, came in with that sort of offer it'd probably get rejected, but Bentley's head would undoubtedly be swung, and i doubt it'd take much of an increase for Blackburn to succumb.

Would be different for the likes of you and us though.

25% sell on clause

BUY HIM BUY HIM BUY HIM

Do you think Arsene might be kicking himself a bit?

Didn't Bentley ask to leave ... in fact from what I remember he pretty much demanded it!

Besides is he really better than any of the players in their first team right now?

25% sell on clause

BUY HIM BUY HIM BUY HIM

Didn't Bentley ask to leave ... in fact from what I remember he pretty much demanded it!

Besides is he really better than any of the players in their first team right now?

better than Rosicky and Walcott who also play wide midfield roles

This is the problem of modern football.

Players earn shitloads everywhere, so the financial aspect doesn't matter. ALL clubs have shit loads of money, so don't need to sell. Unless you are moving to an established CL team, there is really very little point in moving, sit tight until you DO get an offer from Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool.

That's what I'd do if i were Bentley, and that is exactly what I bet he does.

Guest kingdawson

25% sell on clause

BUY HIM BUY HIM BUY HIM

better than Rosicky and Walcott who also play wide midfield roles

Agreed. He's also a much more effective player than Hleb.

Players earn shitloads everywhere, so the financial aspect doesn't matter. ALL clubs have s*** loads of money, so don't need to sell. Unless you are moving to an established CL team, there is really very little point in moving, sit tight until you DO get an offer from Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool.

what rot ! if another club is interested and looks like it is going places even if not one of the top 4 yet "go for it" if none of the top 4 come in.

Players earn shitloads everywhere, so the financial aspect doesn't matter. ALL clubs have s*** loads of money, so don't need to sell. Unless you are moving to an established CL team, there is really very little point in moving, sit tight until you DO get an offer from Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool.

I think that's what he'll do too. Especially since I saw an article recently where he was saying he loves living in the countryside in the north west, doesn't miss London at all and has family in Lancashire. I reckon he will wait for United or Liverpool to make a move.