David Bentley

James

This is the problem of modern football.

Players earn shitloads everywhere, so the financial aspect doesn't matter. ALL clubs have s*** loads of money, so don't need to sell. Unless you are moving to an established CL team, there is really very little point in moving, sit tight until you DO get an offer from Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool.

That's what I'd do if i were Bentley, and that is exactly what I bet he does.

I think that's what he'll do too. Especially since I saw an article recently where he was saying he loves living in the countryside in the north west, doesn't miss London at all and has family in Lancashire. I reckon he will wait for United or Liverpool to make a move.

even if the so called big 4 dont come in for him, bentley (serious injury providing) will not start september at blackburn

Players earn shitloads everywhere, so the financial aspect doesn't matter. ALL clubs have s*** loads of money, so don't need to sell. Unless you are moving to an established CL team, there is really very little point in moving, sit tight until you DO get an offer from Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool.

I think that's what he'll do too. Especially since I saw an article recently where he was saying he loves living in the countryside in the north west, doesn't miss London at all and has family in Lancashire. I reckon he will wait for United or Liverpool to make a move.

He could live in Surrey if he signed for Chelsea or Hertfordshire  if he re-joined Arsenal. Both them  countys are where the training grounds are & have great countryside.

How many of tonights England starting 11 do you reckon would be available at the right price, and be interested in coming to NUFC? and how much? Hypothetically of course.

I still think there's a possibility we could get Shaun Wright-Phillips here. (I know, he wasn't in the first XI tonight, but he has been recently).

But aye, anything double figures and i think Chelsea would listen.

25% sell on clause

BUY HIM BUY HIM BUY HIM

Do you think Arsene might be kicking himself a bit?

Didn't Bentley ask to leave ... in fact from what I remember he pretty much demanded it!

Besides is he really better than any of the players in their first team right now?

better than Rosicky and Walcott who also play wide midfield roles

Agreed. He's also a much more effective player than Hleb.

To sum up, Arsenal have a shit midfield :lol:

Hasn't got the pace for an Arsenal team. Very good on the ball, but by no means a world beater. Would still take him here absolutely, but you need players around him which suit his style of play. Combine the pace of Lennon, work-rate of Milner and pretty much everything else of Bentley you wouldn't be far off the perfect RM in my opinion.

Is Walcott actually going to make it at Arsenal, Ash? I'm pretty ignorant admittedly, but he's barely featured in his most favoured position (through the centre, right?), and he's got quite a few ahead of him there that are only a few years older than him.

It's just, i've seen glimpses of the guy mainly for the Under-21s, and he frequently crops up with well taken goals. His pace is a given, obviously, and he seems to be a really good finisher. Appears to be a very intelligent player aswell - he was certainly linking up well with Milner last night. I just get the feeling he could have established himself (a bit more, anyway), had he not gone to Arsenal.

Is Walcott actually going to make it at Arsenal, Ash? I'm pretty ignorant admittedly, but he's barely featured in his most favoured position (through the centre, right?), and he's got quite a few ahead of him there that are only a few years older than him.

It's just, i've seen glimpses of the guy mainly for the Under-21s, and he frequently crops up with well taken goals. His pace is a given, obviously, and he seems to be a really good finisher. Appears to be a very intelligent player aswell - he was certainly linking up well with Milner last night. I just get the feeling he could have established himself (a bit more, anyway), had he not gone to Arsenal.

Hes being playing outwide most of the time, couple of times in the Carling cup he has started up front and impressed rarely.

Sometimes it has been a matter of service from the CC squad.

But when he has played well he has gone past his man, obviously his speed has helped this but he does have some of the trickery some people so ignorant too, but his final ball has beena  bit shabby.

He has played through the centre towards the end of matches in other competitions and being ok, i think he has obvious qualitys which means he will develop into a top class player, because he has been on the scene two years people are forgetting. But just look how much he stands out for the U21's people his own age, i think next season we should see  ahuge difference, and although he says he hasnt lost confidence, imo he has, when he gets a bit of praise from the media and makes obvious differences like he did towards the beginning of this season, and beginning of last infact (before his injury) he will be a totally different player.

Another thing, i dont think a loan is an option, he needs to be at Arsenal, not just, no offence to other teams, stay up top and try and run onto this sort of thing.

Tbh next season we should see a completely different player, even this season if he gets  agoal or a couple of assists from outwide?

Guest toonlass

I can't see Beckham getting his 100th cap, if Bentley keeps up like that. From a neutral's point of view I thought he had a great game. If we could get him I would be over the moon(I said that in the window itself) but like someone else said, why would he leave Blackburn for Newcastle at this point in time. I hope he doesn't go to one of the big 4 and end up not playing(like some others have).

25% sell on clause

BUY HIM BUY HIM BUY HIM

Didn't Bentley ask to leave ... in fact from what I remember he pretty much demanded it!

Besides is he really better than any of the players in their first team right now?

kingdawson oblivious to football again. will ignore that blatently biased comment. or he hasnt watched arsenal this season.

Rosicky i think is under rated by many people, he looks a lot better though when he comes inside. His passing and shooting is very much his strong point! i dont think anyone could say bentley is better than him!

How much did he cost Blackburn?

Undisclosed fee.

Reported one million

25% sell on clause

BUY HIM BUY HIM BUY HIM

kingdawson oblivious to football again. will ignore that blatently biased comment. or he hasnt watched arsenal this season.

Rosicky i think is under rated by many people, he looks a lot better though when he comes inside. His passing and shooting is very much his strong point! i dont think anyone could say bentley is better than him!

Hleb and Rosicky are both a class above Bentley.

Guest kingdawson

25% sell on clause

BUY HIM BUY HIM BUY HIM

Ermmm you do know that i didnt actually make the comment but was agreeing with it (Quit trying to have a go for the sake of it :thdn:).

Anyway MY OPINION is that Bentley is a better player than Rosicky both in terms of scoring, assisting and general all round play. Rosicky's good but Bentley offers more to the team (i,e set pieces, crossing ect)

Oh and quit talking complete rubbish about Walcot standing out for the u21's. He had one good match against Germany but that is it. Players like Noble, Milner, and Huddlestone stand out for the u21's much more that Walcott tbh :thup:

Bentley has been absolute 100% pure class this season. Seen games with him in Blackburn when it looks as if he hasn't put a foot wrong the entire game. His crossing-ability is sublime, amongst the best I've seen in the PL since Beckham was here. He's got pace, technique, vision and a decent workrate as well. He's well worth £15-20 million if you ask me, as, had it not been for a certain Ronaldo, he could easily become the best winger in the league. Can't see him coming here though, unfortunately, a top 4 club is nailed on. Only chance for us is that the rest of the top 4 clubs already have decent wingers and he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter.

He could live in Surrey if he signed for Chelsea or Hertfordshire  if he re-joined Arsenal. Both them  countys are where the training grounds are & have great countryside.

I would bet the mortgage on him not going to Arsenal. Wenger won't spend £12-15m on a player he developed and let go for buttons. I don't think he'd want to go back either. He said recently how he  didn't like the atmosphere at the club and didn't enjoy going to training etc

Don't see a place for him at Chelsea really. Unless they sell SWP just as he's starting to perform consistently for them.

25% sell on clause

BUY HIM BUY HIM BUY HIM

To sum up, Arsenal have a s*** midfield :lol:

Better than Rosicky or Hleb!?! Rosicky has always been world class and Hleb has had a phenomenaly good season.

Bentley is excellent but he's not as good as either of them.

Honestly wasn't much between them last season IIRC. Just a matter of one progressing while one stagnates.

Part-exchange for Milner and I think Blackburn would listen to our bid.

I think they would still be looking for around £10 million even with Milner thrown in.

It'd be nice to have Milner as back up but I'd do that deal for Bentley.