Aston Villa 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/08 - post match reaction from page 24

midds

WELL,WELL,WHY DONT WE EVER SIGN SOM GOOD NORWEGIAN PLAYERS.

I AM SICK OF READING ABOUT:RIISE,CAREW,HANGELAND,GAMST PEDERSEN DOING WELL IN OTHER ENGLISH CLUBS

3 GOALS BY CAREW AGAINST MY BELOVED TOON,I AM SO SICK OF THIS.

You're in Norway and you want to watch Norwegians play football? Gee, what ever could you do?

:idiot2:

Guest elbee909

I AM SICK OF READING ABOUT:RIISE,CAREW,HANGELAND,GAMST PEDERSEN DOING WELL IN OTHER ENGLISH CLUBS

Be nice to have at least one good Norwegian fan.

fuck Norweigan players, get a life

Oh fuck off you tart. Even if we signed some "good norwegian players" we would still have 99% shit to make up the rest of the team.

Who say we will not be dragged into a relegation battle?? We are almost as bad as the Mackems tbh. I expect a draw or a slight loss but this is such an embarrassing defeat....cannot wait the season to be over. Just an observation, KK seems to lost his fire...he just sits there staring blankly; clearly clueless.

Hate to tell you but we're worse than the mackems.

believe this shows us that we have hyped Beye. not that great all over, lost to carew on the second goal and deflected the first (unlucky i know). Carew was also his man on set pieces, and he could have stayed on him on the last goal as well.

not saying the loss is his fault, but we have a tendency to hype some players when theyre gone, and because of that turning on them more easily when they dont live up to the hype.

the loss today i believe is based on our lack of a CM good enough and the fact that were so weak up front. just look at that CUNT Smith! hes supposed to be our tank, but loses every single duel to Laursen and Davies! Carew is so much better in that role. hes fast as well. smith is slow, and generally shite. we desperately need a target man up front in the summer with strength, size and pace.

why didnt Enrique play? Faye? not even close to turn on keegan or something, but i really hope he understands that they have to play every match if not injured. Cacapa looks good sometimes, but against big, strong and fast forwards (ex. Benjani...) he gets owned. faye would be a much better match against Carew today.

we should ship out Taylor in the summer, dont care that hes a geordie. he doesnt bring anything special except being a local lad with passion (if thats worth anything). really hoping Keegan goes Wenger-style, and makes PACE a priority when getting players in the summer.

i have earlier been saying that Emre isnt good enough for us, and he isnt, but neither are anyone else in our CM. he should play, maybe with Faye. Barton was ok in the first half, but should have been sent off when he knocked down Maloney before the hand ball.

owen was positive today, and so was duff in 1st half. clearly not in his best shape yet, and his stamina gets it in the 2nd.

PLEASE GIVE US A RESULT AGAINST MANURE!

People blaming Keegan instead of the players? Deary me.

We have about 4 players good enough for a squad, the rest need selling.

Word.  :thup:

Problem is can we rebuild to that extent in one summer? Should be in Prem to do it, the R word is surely even beyond this clueless bunch. :tickedoff:

f*** off Butt, f*** off Carr, f*** off "King" Kev...

I would rather they stay, and you "support" another team

I don't want him to leave it's a figure of speech, but it's about time he got his thumb out his arse and started plugging some gaps on a sinking ship.

Sacking Sam was a mistake anyway regardless of today's result...

a mistake, have u seen this shambles of a team he has left us

A little continuity would be nice. Half-way through the january window was hardly the best time to get a new manager in.

Wow, get Smith out no kidding. Iam not one of those to call out individuals but today there was Milner, Owen, maybe Beye and Taylor who were average. Smith once again did nothing he did worse than anone on the pitch. I mean everytime hes going to touch the ball i get pissed cause everytime it ends up with Taylor and Cacapa or their striker.

Carr can't play on the left but then again Enrique wasn't fully fit i suppose. Will be good to have Martins back and Faye fit against united.

Lets now hope we get shock everyone and get 3 points against United.

We should hopefully do better than 0-6 but I can see no way we'll get anything from that game.

Keegan made a big mistake not starting Faye and Enrique in my opinion. Without Faye we had no-one to match them in the air and they took the piss time and time again with balls over the top and set pieces and Carr was just abysmal as always.

Spot on.

Faye was the guy we needed in there for the set pieces.

Carr was nothing to worry about. Might as well had 10 men out there for all the good he did us. Enrique might have at least pushed forward and put in the occasional cross.

The truth.

I can blame Keegan for his lack of making substitutions early on, he waited too long and put Emre in when the game was already over at 3-1. I blame him for going with Smith all the time. But all of these are details.

Keegan is not to blame in general, we suck, we have been sucking for the most part.

The reason is simple, Sam made some weak signings. Too much of mediocre players, none of them truly great.

We just don't have the overall talent and chemistry to play well, period. Barton, Butt, Smith, Duff (yes duff too) geremi,

the midfield just lacks creativity. Emre is the only creative player, but he isn't playing as well as he can cause he's surrounded with trash. I mean Owen up front with Smith ? It's not like you have a creative midfield so why go small ? Why not 4-4-2 with players that fit that system. Viduka may be slow but at least he doesn't turn it over on every possession. Our biggest problem is our lack of creativity.

Keegan deserves at least a year, cause he's coaching Big Sam's mediocre players. This is probably not HIS vision

of how the squad should look like. I think our goal should be to not relegate, then give Keegan enough money to get the players HE wants, and ditch the ones he doesn't like. Then go with that for at least a year, if it doesn't work get another coach. But for at least a year he should stay, NO MATTER WHAT.

/rant.

Stephen Carr should never appear for us again, he's the absolute fucking worst. We all know it, except for some dickheads

Comically bad from a neutral point of view today. Some people were advocating keeping him in the team as our permanent full-back before today aswell. Such a horrible footballer.

So frsutrating because we've got a lot of good players in this squad. Given, Taylor, Carr, Butt, Barton, Smith, Ameobi - all who have played recently, have all been absolute wasters lately. Really am growing in worry now. We're awful.

Guest MaetihS

What is worrying is that KK has a history of throwing the towel when the going get tough. It is also so upsetting that we haven fallen behind the likes of Villa, Blackburn, Spurs and Pompey (mid table clubs)....= in the league of Wigan, Fulham and Derby....so depressing.

apparently, we need to sign :

2 new fullbacks

2 new centerbacks

2 new central midfielders

2 new wingers

1 new TALL forward

and keep Owen and Given.

People blaming Keegan instead of the players? Deary me.

We have about 4 players good enough for a squad, the rest need selling.

Word.  :thup:

Problem is can we rebuild to that extent in one summer? Should be in Prem to do it, the R word is surely even beyond this clueless bunch. :tickedoff:

We've got a LOT of good players in this squad. Five of them were on the bench today when they should have been on the pitch. Keegan got just about everything wrong today.

Do our players get stoned at half time or something because yet again we come out for the second half and get caught half asleep.

I haven't read all of this thread but if people really are shouting Keegan out then hang your head in embarrassment.