Aston Villa 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/08 - post match reaction from page 24

midds

Guest elbee909

Maybe we all shall start supporting West Ham,half the team is ex. Toonplayers    :-)

You are such a fucking genius; everything you say is pure gold.

@Wullie,

How pray is Duff responsible for this fiasco?

Because he's garbage? I realise he had to play today in Charlie's absence but he is beyond awful. Did you see him after about ten minutes watching a loose ball sit dead still until a Villa player picked it up? Kick him out.

A typial 07-08 NUFC performance. Decent first half, absolutely woeful second, but the team selection was all over the place. The bench read like a list of our best players. Four of the five should have started and even Harper was a nice change from Given's recent performances.

Butt, Carr, Smith and Duff shouldn't play for us again. Get the other lads in and get them all out ASAP.

Wow ... someone else also feels Duff has been crap.

The amount of times he dwells on the ball when he should pass it

quickly or cross it first time is terrible. He has ruined a lot of our better attacking moves due to this and also put us under unnecessary pressure.  Why he tries to dribble out of tight prerssure is beyond me, especially as he is weak as piss and will only fall over under the slightest bit of pressure.

in fairness to Duff he's got what to aim for exactly, Smith?

and lets not forget his fat irish prick of a partner on the left flank

Guest hodsgod

Sempuki, why are you named "electric fan" (translated from Japanese)? Is it an attempt at intelligence? Or was your father eating a meat and potato pie when he told the registrar your name, and couldnt pronounce bog trotter correctly.

What a joke, I am utterly disappointed at the manner of our collapse yet again. Though the first half showed some definite 'spells' of improvement - neat passing, players moving forwad to receive a pass, no long balls, etc. the lack of spine throughout the squad leaves me concerned as to where our points will come from and whether or not the actual signs of improvement will be inculcated throughout an entire 90 minutes rather than a few decent 'spell'.

After the first goals we just seemed to sit back and try to soak up Villa's attacks without really breaking forward - a gross mistake seeing as we are weak defensively and toothless in attack

I'm not convinced that we are 'safe' because other teams are far worse than us - that fact of the matter is, those other teams have bolstered their squads over January, we have not.  The expectation among the management that players such as Carr, Smith, Barton and Butt will help us clime out of this position is misplaced, as results are proving.

Maybe we all shall start supporting West Ham,half the team is ex. Toonplayers    :-)

You are such a f****** genius; everything you say is pure gold.

Haha, didn't notice that guy's comment before. Crazy Nowegian bastid.

And they wonder why we won't join the single Europe.

A typial 07-08 NUFC performance. Decent first half, absolutely woeful second, but the team selection was all over the place. The bench read like a list of our best players. Four of the five should have started and even Harper was a nice change from Given's recent performances.

Butt, Carr, Smith and Duff shouldn't play for us again. Get the other lads in and get them all out ASAP.

quickly or cross it first time is terrible. He has ruined a lot of our better attacking moves due to this and also put us under unnecessary pressure.  Why he tries to dribble out of tight prerssure is beyond me, especially as he is weak as piss and will only fall over under the slightest bit of pressure.

Get it into a dangerous area and anything could happen.

Surely better than continuously losing the ball right?

Sempuki, why are you named "electric fan" (translated from Japanese)? Is it an attempt at intelligence? Or was your father eating a meat and potato pie when he told the registrar your name, and couldnt pronounce bog trotter correctly.

:lol:

Get it into a dangerous area and anything could happen.

Surely better than continuously losing the ball right?

he didn't though, that's harsh on Duff

@ KaKa,

Would rather see Duff attempt to dribble past players than dump the ball off to Carr.

Id rather see them both thrown out of a plane over siberia so they wont get the chance to play for us again this season.

There that bad. Infact Duff is worse than Carr, and thats some insult!

I'm just sick of supporting a pathetic football team.

I hope we get relegated, so I don't have to watch this s*** every week.

We might as well sell Viduka, he's not gonna do anything.

Well good riddance if thats your attitude ,ffs sit down away from your keyboard and think about what you are saying ive been watching from the early 70's and believe it i  and many others have watched some shit over the years but stick with our team through thick and thin because it is our club.

Eh?

Have to say today was all Kegans fault!

I was always for Shearer to be manager but when KK was appointed i was shocked, but delighted and all for it.

Playing Car instead of Enrique today and not playing Faye to mark Carew was nothing short criminal.

I'm disgusted with Kegan today, not surprised Pearson walked out at all.

I would have started Enqique Faye and Emre.

Keegan 0 -  Appalling.

Given - 4 Bad slip cost us big time.

Beye - 6 ok did ok against the very good Young.

Taylor - 4.5  I'm a big fan normally but needed him to keep Carew under wraps and clearly coulden't in Faye's inexplicable absense.

Cacapa - 5.5 ok ish

Car  - 2 Poor not premiership standard and clearly the worst player on the pitch despite his attempted hard work rate.

Milner - 6 One of our better players.

Butt - 5 ok ish

Barton - 5 ok ish

Duff 6- See Barton

Smith - 3 Huffed and puffed  but did nothing.

Owen 5.5 Lurked with intent as usual, better service and could have had a few.

Harper - 6 didn't do much wrong

Emre - 6.5  Should have started game was effectively over when he came on. 

Bolton Zulu, you have no idea what you're talking about, stop embarrassing yourself ok.

So much rage.

Rage? :lol:  I'm just telling you you're making a fool of yourself mate, just take the advice.  Don't try to tell Newcastle fans what has or hasn't happened at Newcastle United over the last however many years, we've lived it..

Well, I was referring to your signature but never mind. I think there's a few of your supporters making bigger fools of themselves with their cries for KK's head. Still, that's an opinion and this is a forum.

This is a forum, isn't it?

Anyone calling for Keegan to go needs to be banned from conversing with other humans.  I haven't noticed anyone seriously do that though.

I didn't see much huffing or puffing, actually.

Anyone calling for Keegan to go needs to be banned from conversing with other humans.  I haven't noticed anyone seriously do that though.

I have.

Agree with you, but for Duff. Didn't think he was bad today. Him, Owen, Milner and Beye are the ones to come out of todays game with any positives, IMO.

Have to say today was all Kegans fault!

I was always for Shearer to be manager but when KK was appointed i was shocked, but delighted and all for it.

Playing Car instead of Enrique today and not playing Faye to mark Carew was nothing short criminal.

I'm disgusted with Kegan today, not surprised Pearson walked out at all.

I would have started Enqique Faye and Emre.

Keegan 0 -  Appalling.

Given - 4 Bad slip cost us big time.

Beye - 6 ok did ok against the very good Young.

Taylor - 4.5  I'm a big fan normally but needed him to keep Carew under wraps and clearly coulden't in Faye's inexplicable absense.

Cacapa - 5.5 ok ish

Car  - 3 Poor not premiership standard

Milner - 6 One of our better players.

Butt - 5.5 ok ish

Barton - 6 see Milner

Duff 6- See Barton

Owen 5.5 Lurked with intent as usual, better service and could have had a few.

Harper - 6 didn't do much wrong

Emre - 6.5  Should have started game was effectively over when he came on. 

Fuck your generous with Barton, was he on the field today?

FFS

No one is calling for Keegan's head. But he does deserve criticism for his team selection today. Got it very wrong. Stephen f****** Carr?

Spot on mate we would have done better picking the bloody team today! Not calling for Keegans head because obviously ridiculously premature, but needs to get his fecking act together in selecting the right players!!

We've got some idiots on this forum, Keegan had been here a few weeks and we already see calls for his head.  We played much better first half and fell to bits once Carr, Duff and Given screwed up.

Given should only get back in if Harper is injured, I don't care how good he's been in the past, and he has been good but this season he's been a liability for most of the time.  Carr should never play again, I will absolve Keegan of any blame for him being shit today because Keegan was forced to play Carr with Beye being away and he hasn't been that bad until today so how would Keegan know what to expect.  Having said that, he's got people here who should have been giving him advice about how poor he's been for most of his time here.

Nicky Butt boils my piss, he's so poor that he's not worth having for 75% of the game as he does nothing positive and gives possession away more often than not.  Smith isn't fit to play for the reserves, he's absolute garbage at best.  Barton isn't a very good footballer, what he has done well at in the past is getting into the opposition box and causing them problems, he's not doing that here so he contributes little or nothing.

I don't blame Keegan at all for today but he's got to learn from this, he's got to learn that at least half of the team he played today should go in the summer.  He's got to drop Given (if not injured), Taylor or Capaca, Carr, Butt, Duff or Milner and Smith for the next game.  Carr (shit), Butt (past it) and Smith (poor player) shouldn't even be at the club next season, I'd also take bids for Given (past it), Barton (head case), Emre (done very little since signing), Duff (see Emre) and Viduka (always injured).

Keegan on the BBC:

"We played very well early on for a team that has not been having results go for us and we built the platform for a victory by taking the lead.

"Sadly half the second half came and I'm baffled by what happened because it was the same players but we never really got going after the break.

"Their first goal was a hammer blow and our goalkeeper got injured at the same time and when they got their second we had a mountain to climb."