Aston Villa 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/08 - post match reaction from page 24

midds

Guest Christbane

We aren't a big club, we aren't a top 4 club, but now it looks like we aren't a top 6 club either.

Looks like we're a top 13 club acctually

:-[

Thats optimisitic mate

Well, at the moment we are..  Will be "interesting" to see where we end up at the end of the season.  :frantic:

Seen enough today relegation for newcastle we should have bought in the window,

We are going to pay the price for keegans gamble,

What a shambles the toon is turning into.  :rant:

You got what you wanted.

As i've been saying since October, the players arent good enough. We needed to spend enormous amounts of cash during January and the amateurs running this club failed to understand this.

If we go down, it will be the board's fault.

Seen enough today relegation for newcastle we should have bought in the window,

We are going to pay the price for keegans gamble,

What a shambles the toon is turning into.  :rant:

You got what you wanted.

As i've been saying since October, the players arent good enough. We needed to spend enormous amounts of cash during January and the amateurs running this club failed to understand this.

If we go down, it will be the board's fault.

Team selection was as much to blame as anything yesterday, highlighted further by O'Neill having the nouse to completely change the game at half-time while we changed nowt to combat it. It just seemed another "hope for the best" situation here, which we've seen under all the managers since Robson.

I was disappointed with Keegan yesterday, in all honesty, because if Enrique, Emre, Faye and Viduka were all fit enough to play then they should have been on the fucking park.

Villa were dreadful in the first-half, but we were too impotent to really take advantage of it and at 1-0 at the break everyone around me there knew exactly what was coming, especially when those changes were made.

We need investment, of course, but first we need or best players on the park in their correct f'ing positions.

Discounting just yesterday though, the board do deserve criticism for the way they've handled a few things this season and they must be held accountable (along with the players/managers/staff) for the position we find ourselves in. This season has been a fucking abortion.

to get players who are just as bad, YOU CAN'T BUY GOOD PLAYERS IN JANUARY UNLESS YOU THEY WANT TO LEAVE THEIR CLUBS

Every player who moved in the transfer market are as bad as what we've got? Utter nonsense.

I just completely ignore neesy on account of him only having two brain cells to rub together.

Guest mikefin

It's just that we are not good enough.

beye - " im not good when its in the air"

cacapa " im in trouble when its in the air, ground or everywhere"

taylor "sorry, i forgot him"

carr " Im just a Stevie, and  im not good enough"

milner "i remember when i once passed to my own player. that was a highlight!"

barton (- He was actually pretty f****** good.)

Butt "hi James, I dont remember that i've ever passed to my teammate"

duff - "Im fit, but this is not chelsea, who the f*** are those chickens"

Owen (- Class act)

Smith - "This aint gonna work. im a f****** s***"

Well just got back after having the weekend away for the match and my feelings of disapointment and quite simply dissalusionment are still as strong as when i walked out of Villa park yesterday.  Yes i know there will be teams that go to Villa this year with stonger squad then us and still lose, yes before the game i kinda expected getting beat and would have been happy with a point but that was before we went into halftime one nil up, i mean honestly what the fuck went on in that changing room, we were not by any means great in the first half but in the second we were worse the a under 7's side and keegan in fact all of the staff sat on there arse's on the bench looking clueless.  yesterday was simply shocking and i honestly feel that we are walking a tight rope at the moment there seems to be alot of players at our club that arent doing their job at all and some that arent doing their job very well. hindsight is a great thing and looking back now i wish SA had of at least finished the season because although it pains me to say keegan looked clueless for the 45 mins of the second half.

Took a break from my weekend excursion to watch the match in the pub.

We had a good first half, Owen showed his class, and just before the second half started, the pub decided to switch over to six nations.

By the time I found another pub, we were two one down, walked out after the third, and didn't find out about the fourth until this morning.

I still don't know anything about the Villa goals apart from Carew's to make it 3-1. Don't know who scored them or anything.

It's just that we are not good enough.

beye - " im not good when its in the air"

cacapa " im in trouble when its in the air, ground or everywhere"

taylor "sorry, i forgot him"

carr " Im just a Stevie, and  im not good enough"

milner "i remember when i once passed to my own player. that was a highlight!"

barton (- He was actually pretty f****** good.)

Butt "hi James, I dont remember that i've ever passed to my teammate"

duff - "Im fit, but this is not chelsea, who the f*** are those chickens"

Owen (- Class act)

Smith - "This aint gonna work. im a f****** s***"

I hope you mean Barton was good at Man City rather than good for us against Villa.

Guest mikefin

I hope you mean Barton was good at Man City rather than good for us against Villa.

Barton is asshole but i rate him 8/10 for trying. He was good against Villa, especially if you compares to Butt or Milner. He's not our weakest link, our defence and "creative" midfield are.

Barton is asshole but i rate him 8/10 for trying. He was good against Villa, especially if you compares to Butt or Milner. He's not our weakest link, our defence and "creative" midfield are.

He was fucking awful man

I can't believe I got up at 7:30am to watch this.

Can't believe i got up at 4 to go to the match !

Great effort from the fans today, the upper tier was rocking  :smug:

Bloke beside me started crying when Villa scored their 2nd  :lol:

Is anyone on here " Simon is our leader " or " Baldy 1 " see them at loads of games and just wonder whether it is anyone on here  :lol:

I was hiding in the Trinity Road Stand with a few others and the Villa fans were very complimentary about the Faithfull - "always a sellout with them lads", "look at all them shirts", "Godknows what keeps them going"

I was hiding in the Trinity Road Stand with a few others and the Villa fans were very complimentary about the Faithfull - "always a sellout with them lads", "look at all them shirts", "Godknows what keeps them going"

I went into the seventh trap a bar up the road for most of the night after the match and they were the same in there, beat them at pool though !!

Guest Brewcastle

Is anyone on here " Simon is our leader " or " Baldy 1 " see them at loads of games and just wonder whether it is anyone on here  :lol:

Can't believe I travelled from Norway to go to the match.... and that just to be thrown out after Owens goal  :crazy2:

Can't believe I travelled from Norway to go to the match.... and that just to be thrown out after Owens goal  :crazy2:

Best time to be slung out tbh.

Guest Brewcastle

Best time to be slung out tbh.

blueyes.gif A little more than 4-5 min. would have been OK. But yes; beeing inside - with Brummies all around - in the 2nd half would be a nightmare.....

My mate got nicked on the way in for "Attempting to enter a sporting event whilst drunk" the rest of us got through the turnstiles, turned round and he'd gone. :(  Must have picked him off cos he was straggling.

I also attempted to enter a sporting event while drunk, but I succeeded.

Guest Brewcastle

What did you do?

Not much, but enough.

When Owen got the ball in: Only raised up with arms in the air. Grabbed my mate beside (Geordie), and "shaked" him for a second...   -Knew of course it wasn't smart to do, but hard to control the feelings in such situation after our bad run....