Aston Villa 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/08 - post match reaction from page 24

midds

Examples ...

Most of Newcastles team selections under Fat Sam tbh ,players out of position ie Milner left wing ,the zog left back ,Smith just being there, useless substitutions ,Martins right wing and thats just for starters .

I'm thinking my idea of a 24 hour posting freeze after a game needs putting into practice!

Seriously, anyone wanting Sam back is mental - anyone judging KK so soon equally so. Sometimes I think we get what we deserve with spouting this kind of bollocks.

We are in a fight, but luckily for us we're fighting with 6 or 7 equally s*** teams.

Agent Provocateurs?

or just arseholes??

FAO Beyewatch and like minded souls.

We have to desist from attacking the manager, He simply has to be given time.

KK has a wealth of experience which has only been enhanced with age.

Do not fall for the media peddled line that he does not understand the game or is out of touch.

This is precisely how they want their poisonous intent for our clubs demise to be spread by planting these spurious opinions within our own ranks.

You are doing their work for them. Shake yourself out of it and get behind KK for the rest of this season.

If we can stay up you will see him work his magic next year with Ashleys backing and we will enjoy making the press eat their words as he puts us back at the top where we belong!!!

Perfect.

I never wanted Keegan, a certain part of me see his return as a horrible money-spinning scheme. Give me some examples of Allardyce's poor tactics and formations.

check the match threads from before he got sacked,my oqwn favouritye was sunderland away...left midfielder at left back,right midfielder at left midfield,centre forward at central midfield,central midfield at right midfield and centre half at right back.(i think only duff and ramage were injured)

Do not fall for the media peddled line that he does not understand the game or is out of touch.

This is precisely how they want their poisonous intent for our clubs demise to be spread by planting these spurious opinions within our own ranks.

You are doing their work for them. Shake yourself out of it and get behind KK for the rest of this season.

If we can stay up you will see him work his magic next year with Ashleys backing and we will enjoy making the press eat their words as he puts us back at the top where we belong!!!

At this current time we are where we belong.  You have to earn the right to be at the top.

We are s****! It will be only because of teams being s*** er that we will stay up. Kevin has two weeks to get to know the team & he should work out that Smith is not as good as Viduka, Faye is better than Butt & few other things as well..........or at least here is hoping.

I never wanted Keegan, a certain part of me see his return as a horrible money-spinning scheme. Give me some examples of Allardyce's poor tactics and formations.

Aston Villa (h)

Middlesbrough (a)

Derby County (a)   

Arsenal (a)

Man City (a)

Reading (a)

Portsmouth (h)

mackems (a)

Liverpool (h)

Blackburn (a)

Birmingham (h)

Fulham (a)

Derby County (h)

Wigan  (a)

Chelsea (a)

Man City (h)

Stoke City (a)

Your move O0

Unadulterated rubbish from a shoddy side today - this team couldn't pass water, never mind a football.

The lack of movement, backwards passing, sideways passing, all signs of a team whose players are refusing to take responsibility.

KK's decision to play Carr at LB blew up on him spectacularly - surely Enrique could not have been worse ?

The handball for the pen was utterly amateurish.

I have said before that Harper should have been in the side long ago, and that was proven today -  Harper made two great saves after he came on - we could have been buried 5 or 6-1 today, and this was a Villa side playing nowhere near its best and without Agbonlahor.....

The midfield had no guile whatsoever until Emre came on and all he did was to pass the ball to an unmarked NUFC player, or play it into space instead of a mass of players from each side.

Once we conceded( a stupid goal and I am waiting to hear if Given was injured prior to conceding it because if not, it was yet ANOTHER 'Given easily beaten from long range' effort), we never looked like getting a point and the defence was a shambles for the second & third goals.

It is no exaggeration to say that this is the worst side to wear the B & W since the early 90s - there are one or two talented players but the rest are playing in a division too high for their capabilities - the team of 95-96 would have taken this side apart by half-time ; even the side playing in our first Prem season(93-94) would have easily beaten this shambles of a team because the only player who would give them any problem at all would be N'Zogbia - and I bet even Venison would have kept him reasonably quiet.

Andy Cole & Beardsley would have rubbed their hands at the prospect of taking on our central defenders.!!

I genuinely believe these comments and I look forward to those who cannot remember those sides trying to take issue with them - I bet THAT will stimulate some debate....!

The club is in a mess and big time - it may be that the late late goal by Mark Viduka against Derby ends up being just as crucial as David Kelly's against Pompey in 1992.. whether people like it or not, unless there is a miraculous turnaround, it will be that close ; not a happy time for the next 3 months.

Guest microbar

Seen enough today relegation for newcastle we should have bought in the window,

We are going to pay the price for keegans gamble,

What a shambles the toon is turning into.  :rant:

If we all cast a mind back to when KK took over Ossie Ardiles' team, KK didnt take us then on some miracle revival up the league. we only survived relegation by the skin of our teeth. We could easily have said that summer "well KK didnt do much did he"

If you go by that pattern, then we all just have to bite our nails for the rest of the season and lets see what happens when KK gets his team/players in place.

Only took him 1 summer the last time to make a vast improvement.

Guest Brummiemag

Agree 100% with you,  lets get behind KK, he needs time and resources to turn it round

Just shut up.

We just need a break. Not looking for excuses but every team we have face under KK so far have been on the up and up and whos confidence is growing (if it wasnt already sky high)... even Boro last week were/are on a good unbeaten run. Bolton was always going to be a tough match as it was the first one... next its Man U...

At some point we have to play a team who arent quite so bouyant and who will not peeform at their optimum against us. Thats the game when I firmly believe things will change because we will win and ... well winning breeds confidence doesnt it...

Just watched the highlights again.

So why exactly are our defenders, THAT WOULD BE YOU TAYLOR, standing inside the goal while Villa players are free to send the ball back into the box from the edge of the area?

What kind of defender stands inside the goal post?

Apretty shit one is the answer.

Just watched the highlights again.

So why exactly are our defenders, THAT WOULD BE YOU TAYLOR, standing inside the goal while Villa players are free to send the ball back into the box from the edge of the area?

What kind of defender stands inside the goal post?

Apretty s*** one is the answer.

trying to play a clever offside

Based on what evidence, exactly?

All those who did the "shit performance against Bolton; firts game, doesn't count.....can't count Arsenal, cup game.......can't count Arsenal, big club.....judge us against Boro, and Villa etc" thing - hmmmm.

We aren't a big club, we aren't a top 4 club, but now it looks like we aren't a top 6 club either.

Too many of the players ("Barton he's class"...."you don't get to be Lyon's captain by being shit") are not good enough, the managerial appointment was a mistake, and the fella in charge of new talent is a very very average lower league manager.

We are not going to be troubling the big boys for a while, i fear.

Guest shaun11177

Oh i would say your talking 100million to put this right in transfer fees as for wages we pay the 6th highest in the Premiership which just disgusts the hell out of me when you see what we get in return.

I am suprised Keegan has had little effect on this squad so far-usually there is a reaction from the players when any new manager starts-i thought we might have least picked up 6 points from Bolton and Boro.

Based on what evidence, exactly?

Scunthorpe, Liverpool,Hamburg, Soton, Newcastle x3, Man city, Fulham  & England

If he started at 16 he is now 56

that makes 4 decades at the top of his trade by my reckoning.

What are you trying to say NM, do you not want to give him a chance to succeed then. Anyone can spew out notes saying how crap we are. We all know that. We have to give the bloke a chance to put it right.

Doug.

Doug

Guest Christbane

We aren't a big club, we aren't a top 4 club, but now it looks like we aren't a top 6 club either.

Looks like we're a top 13 club acctually

:-[