Aston Villa 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 09/02/08 - post match reaction from page 24

midds

Villa are deadly at set pieces with Carew and Laursen ... still baffled by the decision not to play Faye.

Our defenders were actually visibly scared of Carew and Harewood. Embarrassing.

Ooooooh look at that big scary strong stud of a black man!!! Could someone else please pick him up?!!!

Faye would have taken responsibility and is the only defender we have who would have relished the challenge.

Why not he picked Car instead of Enrique or even Edgar and not picking Faye or even bringing him on as sub to mark Carew which was so obvious to every Toon fan was pathetic. I know he's not been watching us but surely the people around him should advise and he should listen.

I'm starting to act like a parrot now.  Keegan was forced to pick Carr for a few weeks, Carr didn't do too bad in those games so it looks like a player coming back from injury was protected by using a player who hadn't done too bad while playing for the manager who picked him.

You can hardly blame Keegan if those around him are giving him bad advice, he'll learn but will have to accept advice until he gains his own knowledge of those at his disposal, even then, he’s still only got the players at the club.

Incidentally, Smith really was as poor as you've made out on here all season, but I thought Duff was even worse.

I spose the only difference is Duff was good once, and therefore we can at least hope he'll come good again.

Smith was always crap, still is utter crap and on the current trajectory will start consistently banging away own goals if allowed to remain on the field.

Incidentally, Smith really was as poor as you've made out on here all season, but I thought Duff was even worse.

Damien Duff a.k.a "The Dilly Dally man"

He'll dilly then he'll dally and then he'll fall over ... time and time again.

Why not he picked Car instead of Enrique or even Edgar and not picking Faye or even bringing him on as sub to mark Carew which was so obvious to every Toon fan was pathetic. I know he's not been watching us but surely the people around him should advise and he should listen.

I'm starting to act like a parrot now.  Keegan was forced to pick Carr for a few weeks, Carr didn't do too bad in those games so it looks like a player coming back from injury was protected by using a player who hadn't done too bad while playing for the manager who picked him.

You can hardly blame Keegan if those around him are giving him bad advice, he'll learn but will have to accept advice until he gains his own knowledge of those at his disposal, even then, he’s still only got the players at the club.

Yes but Enrique was fit enough to play for Spain's U21 side during the week so I don't believe that.

You can hardly blame Keegan if those around him are giving him bad advice, he'll learn but will have to accept advice until he gains his own knowledge of those at his disposal, even then, hes still only got the players at the club.

Yes but Enrique was fit enough to play for Spain's U21 side during the week so I don't believe that.

Maybe he has suffered a reoccurence of his injury in that case?

Villa are deadly at set pieces with Carew and Laursen ... still baffled by the decision not to play Faye.

Our defenders were actually visibly scared of Carew and Harewood. Embarrassing.

Ooooooh look at that big scary strong stud of a black man!!! Could someone else please pick him up?!!!

Faye would have taken responsibility and is the only defender we have who would have relished the challenge.

I agree, appart from the stud part, which is a little bit creepy  :undecided:

You can hardly blame Keegan if those around him are giving him bad advice, he'll learn but will have to accept advice until he gains his own knowledge of those at his disposal, even then, hes still only got the players at the club.

What so Keegan isn't to blame for picking Car?... and for not picking Faye? Who's is it then... Terry Mac's? Completely not his fault?... Away with you man..... I suspect a few people must have advised against it, Pearson's leaving ?

I didn't think Barton was all that bad today. At least he was trying to play positively and take responsibility.

Which is more than can be said of Butt, as usual. When in possession, he only seems to look for one pass, which is a lofted ball out to the right wing, which is usually cut out by the full back. If that's not on, he just moves it sideways or backwards, often to a team-mate who is in a worse position than him.

What so Keegan isn't to blame for picking Car?... and for not picking Faye? Who's is it then... Terry Mac's? Completely not his fault?... Away with you man..... I suspect a few people must have advised against it, Pearson's leaving ?

Keegan is probably to blame for picking Carr, what he's not to blame for is not knowing what most of us knew about Carr considering he's done very little wrong while Keegan has picked him.

Maybe Terry Mac did tell Keegan to pick Carr on the left, like you I can only guess.

Pearson leaving?  I don't see a connection between Pearson leaving and today when we actually played well during the firt half.

Not picking Faye is a puzzle.

I cant believe I,m saying this but Carr hasnt been too bad in the last few games really so he was probably in on merit today although Zoggy would have played left side if available.

Enrique looks too one paced and one footed so I dont get the fuss over him anyway.

Doug.

mackems.gif

Some peoples reactions on here are brilliant like, if i want cheering up reading a match thread is just amazing. bluelaugh.gif

We lost, Keegan learns more about the players, who i hope are gone in the summer. But anyhow lets move on and get ready for the Man utd game which will be a good game.

HOWAY THE LADS

Ps: is Zog injured or suspended or just dead?

mackems.gif

Some peoples reactions on here are brilliant like, if i want cheering up reading a match thread is just amazing. bluelaugh.gif

We lost, Keegan learns more about the players, who i hope are gone in the summer. But anyhow lets move on and get ready for the Man utd game which will be a good game.

HOWAY THE LADS

Ps: is Zog injured or suspended or just dead?

He was suspended. Like the optimism btw. :nods:

Keegan on the BBC:

"We played very well early on for a team that has not been having results go for us and we built the platform for a victory by taking the lead.

"Sadly half the second half came and I'm baffled by what happened because it was the same players but we never really got going after the break.

"Their first goal was a hammer blow and our goalkeeper got injured at the same time and when they got their second we had a mountain to climb."

"So, then we just let another two in"