Are you confident in Keegan dropping the underperformers?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Knightrider

Btw, if N'Zogbia wants out, KK will try and keep him, but he won't be too bothered if he can't. KK will just see it as an opportunity to get someone in better. That's the great thing with KK, no one player will be bigger than the club or rather the team which is what KK is all about - creating a star team rather than a team of stars.

Butt should certainly be dropped, Carr has to be second to Beye. Smiths workrate before Viduka especially away from home.

Faye has to be centre back instead of Cacapa for me. Cacapa will be overwhelmed as he does not have the strength, stamina or pace to survive  against the relentless onslaught  the mancs bring to bear.

Taylor and Faye will at least offer some physical resistance which gives you a fighting chance.

Doug

Butt should certainly be dropped, Carr has to be second to Beye. Smiths workrate before Viduka especially away from home.

Faye has to be centre back instead of Cacapa for me. Cacapa will be overwhelmed as he does not have the strength, stamina or pace to survive  against the relentless onslaught  the mancs bring to bear.

Taylor and Faye will at least offer some physical resistance which gives you a fighting chance.

Doug

whos your central midfield then ?

butt offers more than barton

Read the thread and most of the players are much of a muchness so not really bothered who plays or doesn't play! They have all had their chance this season and haven't done the business! Thing that pleases me is that finally the board and some fans are finally realising we have hardly got any decent players and that big money needs to be spent! What we spent in the summer was a joke when compared to the expectations of the fans and the size of the club! That's why we ended up with Smith because £6 million does not get you much these days when wanting forwards and midfielders.

I was also pleased that Keegan did not buy anyone in January as it would not have made much difference as I don't think we'll go down and if we had of added one or two players I don't think we would have made Europe so I couldn't see much point in adding to the squad!

I see your point but then some of them have not that chance under Keegan, playing football.

I respect what you say Dave, but I don't think it matters too much as the players are just not good enough. Since finishing 5th under Robson we have just been a mid table team for the last 4 years or so. Seeing that nearly everyone around us spent a lot more than us in the summer time it's no surprise that we are struggling! 

I don't know if you were alluding to Emre as being a player who should be given a chance to play under Keegan but for me he sums up everything that is wrong about the Toon. He could be managed by any manager in the world and he will never be consistent! Same goes for Shola and who ever else is mentioned. We could all argue who should be in the team but really as I said they are all much of a muchness!

What is really sad to see is how short changed our fans have been and out of desperation we have threads like this where people are clutching at straws, deep down we all know that the vast majority of our players are terrible and it would make no difference who was playing!

Read the thread and most of the players are much of a muchness so not really bothered who plays or doesn't play! They have all had their chance this season and haven't done the business! Thing that pleases me is that finally the board and some fans are finally realising we have hardly got any decent players and that big money needs to be spent! What we spent in the summer was a joke when compared to the expectations of the fans and the size of the club! That's why we ended up with Smith because £6 million does not get you much these days when wanting forwards and midfielders.

I was also pleased that Keegan did not buy anyone in January as it would not have made much difference as I don't think we'll go down and if we had of added one or two players I don't think we would have made Europe so I couldn't see much point in adding to the squad!

I see your point but then some of them have not that chance under Keegan, playing football.

I respect what you say Dave, but I don't think it matters too much as the players are just not good enough. Since finishing 5th under Robson we have just been a mid table team for the last 4 years or so. Seeing that nearly everyone around us spent a lot more than us in the summer time it's no surprise that we are struggling! 

I don't know if you were alluding to Emre as being a player who should be given a chance to play under Keegan but for me he sums up everything that is wrong about the Toon. He could be managed by any manager in the world and he will never be consistent! Same goes for Shola and who ever else is mentioned. We could all argue who should be in the team but really as I said they are all much of a muchness!

What is really sad to see is how short changed our fans have been and out of desperation we have threads like this where people are clutching at straws, deep down we all know that the vast majority of our players are terrible and it would make no difference who was playing!

Agree totally.

Long term I think a good few will be surprised by just how ruthless KK can be. Don't be fooled by his platitudes regarding players, his faith in them regarding selection or token gestures like the captain's armband. This is the same man that sold fans' favourite Andy Cole, ripped into fans for booing Mike Hooper, took the number 9 shirt off Sir Les and basically would if he could, replace every single player in the squad with a better player regardless of who they are, from Shay to Owen. I have no doubt in my mind that when it comes to the crunch KK will not be afraid or shy to do what he thinks is right and best, be it dropping a player, selling a player or one day holding his hands up and saying he's not the man after all and walking away if that's what it takes. For now though he'll play things by percentages and won't do anything drastic or too much different until the season has ended.

Would agree with that, but he needs to make some hard choices pretty quickly regarding some of the players he's picking currently. Next season is fine but we need to pick a side which will keep us up in the short term.

He only has small squad to choose from so selection is a problem, but  I think we will see changes after this break for the FA cup, when he has had more time to train with them and get to grips with what he wants done.

He will have them all back and hopefully all fit, okay once we come back its not an easy game and a big defeat at home by Man Ure could undo all the good work done during the break, we have to give him time to get it right though. He wlll soon learn that Smith and Butt add nothing really, so he will drop them or he will change the way they play.

There's no place for sentiment in our current situation. Butt, Smith, Carr and possibly Barton are useless to us right now. We need Defenders who can defend, strikers who can score or at least have a shot, and midfielders who can pass the ball to feet (preferably of their own teammates). These 4 players need to be removed from the first team immediately otherwise we are in deep shit!

Seems alarmingly reluctant to admit that what we have is not good enough. Also, although playing a different formation to the dross offered up by Fat Sam, the players seem to be adapting just as badly. How he cannot see that Smith, Butt and Barton are total wank is beyond me, I think he's in complete denial. Now all the Africans are back and ready he has no excuse to stick with them. Seems to have an annoying preference for crap English players with Premiership experience. I hate that, "experience" doesn't mean that you're any good. Bramble has experience, he's still crap. The same can be said for so many players in the league. So many players come in from abroad and look good straight away/improve by their second year. Keegan seems to think English players who have experienced being crap elsewhere are the best way forward. Very worrying. Hopefully Smith, Butt and Barton will have a fait in training and all get jailed/injured/suspended or something. The worrying thing about Smith especially is that everyone in a position of power seems to rate him - Allardyce, Keegan, Ashley.... even Ferguson at Manyoo did. Maddening.

Worried ATM. However, i know once Keegan sees the likes of Beye, Martins etc perform he will stick with them. Consistancy seems to be on Keegans agenda ATM.

However, we are consistantly shite TBF.

• 2 weeks later...

Not really as I think KK likes a name player, hopefully he will see over the next 2 weeks that the reason we got most of these dudes was because overall they are past it.

I guess he didn't.

Must remember: Quoting yourself is like talking about yourself as third person it fucking cringe worthy.

If people could drop 1 player and 1 player alone, who would it be out of the starting XI from yesterday?

Nicky Butt versus Alan Smith for me, much like in the "who can get most bookings" competition they seem to be having between each other.

I'll go for Butt, because I fucking hate the bloke. If I say "dink" about him, do people realise what I'm referring to?

Playing Butt & Smith and Zoggy at left back show KK is a spineless twat.

Why can't we find a manager with common fuking sense and some balls to boot?

KK's already fuked up, he's SA but with more goals conceded.

If people could drop 1 player and 1 player alone, who would it be out of the starting XI from yesterday?

Nicky Butt versus Alan Smith for me, much like in the "who can get most bookings" competition they seem to be having between each other.

I'll go for Butt, because I fucking hate the bloke. If I say "dink" about him, do people realise what I'm referring to?

Smith but it's a trick question because Butt shouldn't be in the team either.