FA may probe Barton clash

ShearMagic

Newcastle's Joey Barton was involved in an off-the-ball incident during the 4-1 defeat at Aston Villa yesterday.

Barton, currently on bail on assault charges in Liverpool, tussled with Villa striker Shaun Maloney in the first half.

Scroll down to read more:

Television replays highlighted the incident but the referee, Lee Mason, took no action. The FA may now investigate.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/article-23436520-details/FA+may+probe+Barton+clash/article.do

Also heard a few rumours that he punched Maloney in the tunnel after the match too.

*sigh*

Newcastle's Joey Barton was involved in an off-the-ball incident during the 4-1 defeat at Aston Villa yesterday.

Barton, currently on bail on assault charges in Liverpool, tussled with Villa striker Shaun Maloney in the first half.

Television replays highlighted the incident but the referee, Lee Mason, took no action. The FA may now investigate.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/article-23436520-details/FA+may+probe+Barton+clash/article.do

Also heard a few rumours that he punched Maloney in the tunnel after the match too.

*sigh*

If this is true, we should get rid of ASAP! he's becoming a liability.

*sigh*

If this is true, we should get rid of ASAP! he's becoming a liability.

mackems.gif

I have a feeling like that little screencap tries to make more of it than what actually happened.  I'm far from a defender of Joey Barton and his psychosis, but unless he's just delivered a roundhouse blow to send Maloney to the ground, then that picture is deceiving.

Guest Ridzuan

He was rubbish yesterday and I think I have never seen him playing well for us ever since he move from Man City.Not to mention his off field problems.Sell him in the summer.

Its the fkn FA that will not allow Joey any leeway at all over anything, so many things go unpunished yet if Joey does the slightest thing they will be alover it.

But he is a danger for us to keep at the club as he will never change and we cannot afford for this to keep happening as the FA will be on his all the time.

If Barton could turn in a few decent performances, perhaps people would start focusing on that. While continues to underperform, I think he is always going to be victimised.

Down to him to turn it around... we are still waiting

Guest Harry-Norway

He is born stupid and will never be better,his must have a brain damage in the way he behave on and off the field.

Sell the mother fucker if anyone are stupid enogh too buy him

It is harsh that he gets pulled up for this when much worse has been ignored by the FA but its Barton's reputation that causes this and that is his own fault. He is never going to learn look at what is going on in his life right now at he still does something totally stupid during a match, he has not even performed on the pitch for us and there is the massive risk he will be sent off in every game.

It is harsh that he gets pulled up for this when much worse has been ignored by the FA but its Barton's reputation that causes this and that is his own fault. He is never going to learn look at what is going on in his life right now at he still does something totally stupid during a match, he has not even performed on the pitch for us and there is the massive risk he will be sent off in every game.

I don't think its harsh - yes, there are other things that seem to go unpunished, but that doesn;t mean what HE does is right.

I don't think its harsh - yes, there are other things that seem to go unpunished, but that doesn;t mean what HE does is right.

He does bad things.

Other people do equally bad things.

Only he gets punished for it.

That's not harsh?