Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Hoping for Mariusz Lewandowski to have a good tournament for Poland. Don't know why he isn't linked with any big clubs in Europe, since I'd consider him the best player in the Polishd side (along with Boruc) and an ideal replacement for Butt. He has been playing a defensive midfielder for both Shakthar (started in 5 of their 6 champions league matches) and Poland in recent years, although he can also play as a DC if needed. Basically I consider him  to have all the qualities a good defensive midfielder needs, he's really strong, good in the air (and we really need more aerial threat), great at tackling and breaking up attacks, then he can hold the ball reasonably well and from time to time deliver a quality defense-splitting pass.

17 goals in 125 games for Shakhtar (assuming that Wiki is accurate) is also a great statistic for DMC.

Looks like it's from here:

http://goal.com/en/articolo.aspx?contenutoid=682562

Newcastle, who are looking to rebuild their squad over the summer, are looking for a quality left-back, and are now being linked with Riise.

Claims are being made that a £4 million deal was reached six weeks ago, and that he will sign a three-year deal worth around £30,000 a week at the north-east club.

So probably bollocks.

Newcastle, who are looking to rebuild their squad over the summer, are looking for a quality left-back, and are now being linked with Riise.

Claims are being made that a £4 million deal was reached six weeks ago, and that he will sign a three-year deal worth around £30,000 a week at the north-east club.

So probably bollocks.

Keegan does want Riise though. No idea if the deal has been done.

So probably bollocks.

Hopefully.

Zarate looks better and better everytime i see him, he's definitely a player that should be on our radar, Birmingham going down and i cant see why we dont have a decent chance with him.

Not exactly being heavily linked with the big clubs and wasnt on the radar of big clubs when he first went to Birmingham.

So probably bollocks.

Does not compute!.. Does not compute!!!

If we sign Riise I hope he breaks his left leg in three different places in his first pre-season match. I know it's petty to hope for such things, but the thought of him playing for us is so agonisingly painful that I just can't help myself. Really can't stand the guy, and don't really rate him at all.

Guest sondre

Dont want Riise at all!!!! If we absolutely have to take a ginger in the summer, ill rather have Kitson if Reading goes down. (Not comparing them in any other way)

Scharner has been great all year, and he is versatile as well. Would like to see him come here in the summer.

The two most important positions we have to cover are the AM and we need a true leader in midfield to take over for Butt. Again, please hear out DIABY!!:D

If we sign Riise I hope he breaks his left leg in three different places in his first pre-season match. I know it's petty to hope for such things, but the thought of him playing for us is so agonisingly painful that I just can't help myself. Really can't stand the guy, and don't really rate him at all.

Wanting him to break his legs in 3 places?!?! Your one of these radical internet users that makes the opinions of people who use the internet worthless.

Wanting him to break his legs in 3 places?!?! Your one of these radical internet users that makes the opinions of people who use the internet worthless.

I know.. two places would do it, no need for overkill.

Riise will be the new Smith.

As if that's possible :lol: Riise would score at least one. 

edit: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Name Goals
Alan Smith0
Claudio Cacapa 1
Steven Taylor1
Habib Beye1
Abdoulaye Faye1
Joey Barton1
Belozoglu Emre1
Geremi 2
James Milner2
Nicky Butt3
Charles N'Zogbia3
Mark Viduka7
Obafemi Martins9
Michael Owen10

Bent would be a good replacement for Viduka though.

Just generally, or in the same role? ???

Just generally, he'd offer us much more as an attacking unit than Viduka currently does.

To be fair, at 4m and 30,000 pounds, it's not like he's costing us much money.

Lets sign me up aswell then, I can hit a ball hard and won't cost £4m. Would even settle for £20,000 a week.

I like Bent, not sure about £12m but thats the way it is going these days.

I think £12 million's not a bad price in today's market, he's English, young and imo a good footballer. A more mobile, pacier version of Viduka would do wonders for our attack.