Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

There's no doubt that Adrian Mutu is an extremely good and skillful player, but like others have mentioned, he's too much of a party boy.

I'd prefer we stayed away from him to be honest.

Aimar is well worth the risk for that price.

i wonder why the news always show we linked crocked player... i .e. aimar, ashton...... both wasn't worthed like their price tag.... do keegan really that lazy to find a player?

smith, duff, carr & etc. signing is the sample of lazy management... they are only signed because of the hype

I wonder will Martin Petrov be leaving Manchester City and whether can we tempt him to Newcastle?

I love seeing him play for Manchester City and I hope that we may be able to take advantage of their plight in some ways.

If we could manage to keep him fit I would. Think he's got the lot, personally. Could be a real class act if he could stay out of the treatment room.

edit: That's Ashton btw.

I don't know if it's realistic or not but I think we should go for Rafael Van der Vaart, great player but really just to see some more of his Mrs, she's stunning, best reason to click on the Beeb home page atm :)

My uncle who lives in Moscow says that in a local paper we've been linked with Vagner Love.

Had a browse on the ol' net but couldn't find anything.

I remember him standing out to me in the Copa America final against Argentina last year. I seem to remember him playing almost as an attacking midfielder.

My uncle who lives in Moscow says that in a local paper we've been linked with Vagner Love.

Had a browse on the ol' net but couldn't find anything.

I remember him standing out to me in the Copa America final against Argentina last year. I seem to remember him playing almost as an attacking midfielder.

If this came off I would expect a rousing chant to the tune of 'What is Love' to be made up quick smart like

Vagner Love is shite, your hearing this from a Brazilian. Hes three times worse then Afonso, and although i would love to see him make the cut in the Premiership i doubt he would. He was imo average during the Copa America and only good thing he did was to pass for Alves 3-0 goal. He's an in and out striker usually and cant see KEegan wanting him. End of story (i hope)

Reading a Euro 2008 preview on a Spanish website, came across this...

http://joinfutbol.com/es/eren_derdiyok_suiza_el_jugador_mas_joven_de_la_eurocopa_11966.php

According to that we've bid €3.25m for Eren Derdiyok (19 year-old Swiss striker).

And ourselves, Man City & Barcelona linked with a €20m bid for Porto centre-back Bruno Alves.

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/web/gen/20080604/noticia_53469736681.html

There is absolutely nothing in these Dawson rumours.

:-) Thanks Dave...

:-( Thanks Opt Nut...

I can't help myself, but I am getting nervous whenever his name is mentioned in relation to NUFC (beside the mention of his efforts against Oba Martins :-))! Worst possible defender signing.

But I believe you, Dave... :-)