Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest Sniffer

I'll be surprised if the team is dramatically different to the one that we are used to seeing on opening day at manu. Especially in terms of ability. I might be pessimistic but I get the feeling that the faces might change but I'm not convinced the quality will.

But like every new season from the year dot I live in hope that this will be our year.

I'll be surprised if the team is dramatically different to the one that we are used to seeing on opening day at manu. Especially in terms of ability. I might be pessimistic but I get the feeling that the faces might change but I'm not convinced the quality will.

But like every new season from the year dot I live in hope that this will be our year.

That's fair enough. I don't think anyone can say for certain that we'll be better, some just hold out more hope than others.

We've just sold Rozenhal and Emre, released Carr, Diatta and Ramage, and are trying to get rid of Ameobi. Of course we're not starting the next season without signing any more players. Sniffer's "if" is "true", but only in a twattish sense. His point is stupid and irrelevant.

Guest nufc_geordie

Just watching sky sports news and there was an interview with Quincy Owusu Abeyie who was at Arsenal. Spent a couple of years at Spartak Moscow and Celta Vigo, now a free agent and looking for a move to the premiership. I was quite impressed the few bits I saw of him when he broke into the Arsenal team. Pace, power and the Arsenal upbringing aren't a bad base for a 22 year old free agent. Must be worth a look in my eyes. Seems pretty keen to show how good he is and has a hunger to play.

Saw the same interview he comes across well, seems to want to show what he can do. He would be one them that if we did sign it would be with a one year deal with a 2 year option.

All these players with no club come across well with there begging piece on SkySportsNews during the summer.

Wouldn't be opposed to that sort of deal, could always offer him a weeks trial or so though before making a decision. If he really wants to play in the league he won't say no.

So basically we need some signings? Quick, someone tell Keegan.

That was the point.  "If we start off with basically the same team as last season............."

Well we won't.

I'm failing to see what you are complaining about here. Sniffer clearly uses the word "if". His statement is completely true, yet you are labling him a WUM  and others calling him a twat.

Don't think I've called him a WUM unless you can show me where I have.  Far too pessimistic is what he is.

Guest geordienorway

Le Parisien saying that Metz's 21-year old centre-back Sebastien Bassong is coming over here for a trial in the next few days.

He is 6 feet 1 1/2 inches, so that's a good start i guess.

Guest Jimminy Cricket

So basically we need some signings? Quick, someone tell Keegan.

:lol: :clap:

Seriously though, we have a lot of work to do and the clock is ticking. Season starts in just over a month.

We'll definitely be better next season and we wont be fighting for relegation imo but we should have had deals wrapped up earlier.

I honestly don't get the valuation of players now-a-days.. Crouch will probably go for around the £10m mark, Bosingwa went for £16m, Arshavin is being touted at anything from 12m-20m+ and yet Deco went for 8m, as well as Inter offering about 8m for Lampard?

Its crazy.

I honestly don't get the valuation of players now-a-days.. Crouch will probably go for around the £10m mark, Bosingwa went for £16m, Arshavin is being touted at anything from 12m-20m+ and yet Deco went for 8m, as well as Inter offering about 8m for Lampard?

Its crazy.

deco is 30+ and lampard is approaching 30 aye?  there's your answer i suppose - not a lot of clubs want to pay huge fees for ageing players these days regardless of how good they are

Its crazy.

deco is 30+ and lampard is approaching 30 aye?  there's your answer i suppose - not a lot of clubs want to pay huge fees for ageing players these days regardless of how good they are

And Lampard only has one year left of his contract

From the ever reliable People:

DUFF PLOY FOR ANTON

By Dave Kidd

Newcastle will offer Damien Duff to West Ham in a player-plus-cash bid for Anton Ferdinand.

Toon boss Kevin Keegan is keen to land Ferdinand and re-create his England Under-21 central defensive partnership with Steven Taylor.

Tottenham have also registered interest in Ferdinand but neither club has come close to Hammers' £10m valuation.

West Ham boss Alan Curbishley wants to bring in a left winger, with Luis Boa Morte and Matty Etherington both likely to leave Upton Park. And Newcastle believe Republic of Ireland man Duff, 29, could tempt them to part with Ferdinand.

Duff, once signed by Chelsea for £17m, - returned from a serious ankle injury last season but has failed to nail down a regular first-team place.

Now that's a fucking dilemma. :lol:

Getting rid of Duff versus bringing Ferdinand in. Really not sure.

PS - Ferdinand and Taylor? That would be disastrous. Luckily it's the People.