Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Take this with a huge pinch of salt, but still:

Just heard back from my contact. there is definatly a press conference on monday for 3:00. It is defo not a player signing. Maybe kk is off or ma is selling up

Posted by: tonny | 17 July 2008 at 06:50

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_soccerblog/2008/07/newcastle-targe.html

Daniel // Jul 16, 2008 at 23:13

I dont know the specifics of who’s list they were from, I just know what happened over the past few days. Everything was fine up until 4pm today when we decided to withdraw the agreed contract from yesterday. We had the fee agreed (7m in one go) but had a change of heart about 4 oclock today. I dont know if we were trying to reduce the wages a little bit more or what the logic was, but it didnt work and Aimars agent walked out. Big fail on our part. Same thing happened last week, met the release clause for inler, press conference arranged last thursday, then wednesday night we withdrew the offer

TT - I have 3 sources, all of which had this one. A friend who knows Llambias, someone from the press office and a journalist(Nicko? mackems.gif)

Daniel // Jul 16, 2008 at 23:36

Anth - they always pre book them to get the press there so tomorrows was for Aimar, ill text my mate to find out the crack for mondays

And we are supposed to believe anything of this after all that have happened this summer?

Wise: "So yeah Kev, the Aimar deal is nearly wrapped up"

Keegan: "Cracking, I'll ring the press office and get a conference going"

Wise: "Ai, Fancy a stake bake?"

*Get back*

Wise: "So yeah I'm having second thoughts, not liking this Aimar character, his eyes are too close together"

Kev: "Why didn't you say man"

*Rings agent*

Kev: "I think we're going to withdraw our offer for your client"

Wise: "Darn it, no press conference"

Guest Guinness

I hope none of that is true. I know I shouldn't believe stuff like it, but still...

Its easy to get drawn into it due to the amount of stuff like this going around at the moment, but we've got a big fan base and the papers/websites or whatever are fully aware people are starting to get a little bit nervous about our summer transfer business. The club are being very quiet, we're not getting the usual quotes from the manager about how things are progressing like we usually do. This is not only allowing the people who write these stories to get away with what is 99% of the time completely unsubstantiated bollocks, it's also making it look more credible because we're not wasting time denying any of it. It could in fact prove to be hugely beneficial in the sense that other clubs are not aware of who we're targeting and therefore we're more likely to avoid another Modric type scenario. The fans however suffer in the mean time because we're all desperate for news and transfers and all we have to go off is what the media say. Hopefully we'll be seeing many more Gutierrez/Guthrie type deals very shortly.

Guest MaetihS

I hope none of that is true. I know I shouldn't believe stuff like it, but still...

Its easy to get drawn into it due to the amount of stuff like this going around at the moment, but we've got a big fan base and the papers/websites or whatever are fully aware people are starting to get a little bit nervous about our summer transfer business. The club are being very quiet, we're not getting the usual quotes from the manager about how things are progressing like we usually do. This is not only allowing the people who write these stories to get away with what is 99% of the time completely unsubstantiated bollocks, it's also making it look more credible because we're not wasting time denying any of it. It could in fact prove to be hugely beneficial in the sense that other clubs are not aware of who we're targeting and therefore we're more likely to avoid another Modric type scenario. The fans however suffer in the mean time because we're all desperate for news and transfers and all we have to go off is what the media say. Hopefully we'll be seeing many more Gutierrez/Guthrie type deals very shortly.

Not that type of quality but yes, the surprise nature of how the deals are closed.

What's Keegan saying in the "Transfer latest" on .cock?

At lot of blablabla....Missed on a few players and having a lot of players thrown after us! Given is in great shape, so is Harper and Forster and Krul will challenge them this season.

Guest nufc_geordie

Just saw this great piece of insight from the Independent, i've got to admit, i tickled me a bit:

Newcastle are looking at other targets after losing out to Benfica in the race to sign Argentine midfielder Pablo Aimar from Real Zaragoza. (The Independent)

4 hours, 50 minutes and one month today, kick-off Old Trafford. :frantic:

Wrong.

I pray thee do tell why, there's a good chap.

It was wrong the minute after you posted it dear. ;)

Guest MaetihS

Linked with Carlos Villaneuva on some gash link via newsnow. Can't say I know anything about him.

saw youtube....he looks awesome!!!! but its youtube....

Linked with Carlos Villaneuva on some gash link via newsnow. Can't say I know anything about him.

saw youtube....he looks awesome!!!! but its youtube....

Yep, a DVD would be far more reliable.

Guest MaetihS

nicko says he's going to Blackburn :smitten:

damn!!! miss out on another potential playmaker.

Guest optimistic nit

nicko says he's going to Blackburn :smitten:

damn!!! miss out on another potential playmaker.

are you now a parody of yourself? :lol:

Or Frings and his agent are saving face.

I'm sure some people on here will try to tell you that the last time Frings checked we were in the CL but changed his mind when he realised that we missed out this year.