Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Newcastle, Blackburn and Everton are in a race to land Russia midfield ace Tymoschuk, who would cost £7m from current club Zenit St Petersburg

- Sun.

Strange that he would cost £7m seeing as they spent £10m on him a year ago and he is their captain.

Newcastle, Blackburn and Everton are in a race to land Russia midfield ace Tymoschuk, who would cost £7m from current club Zenit St Petersburg

- Sun.

Strange that he would cost £7m seeing as they spent £10m on him a year ago and he is their captain.

Isn't he Ukrainian as well? Love the Sun's level of journalism

- Sun.

Isn't he Ukrainian as well? Love the Sun's level of journalism

Complete morons.

Sebastian Larsson has told Birmingham City that he wants to join a Premier League club.

The Sweden international was part of the Blues squad which slipped out of the top flight on the final day of last season.

Unwilling to spend the 2008/09 campaign in the Championship, the former Arsenal midfielder has pleaded with Alex McLeish to allow him to leave St Andrews.

Blackburn and Newcastle are rumoured to have shown an interest and Larsson hopes a deal can be reached before the close of the transfer window on 31st August.

"I want to play at the highest level," he told Sportbladet.

"I hope it will be resolved. There are three weeks left of the transfer window.

"I have got a new contract proposal from Birmingham, but I am not interested in that.

"I have got two years left on my current deal. I am not the kind of player who creates a lot of trouble.

"But somewhere there has to be some respect between the club and the player. Of course it would be better if I played in the Premier League."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3955396,00.html

Go and get him Kev :thup:

Sebastian Larsson has told Birmingham City that he wants to join a Premier League club.

The Sweden international was part of the Blues squad which slipped out of the top flight on the final day of last season.

Unwilling to spend the 2008/09 campaign in the Championship, the former Arsenal midfielder has pleaded with Alex McLeish to allow him to leave St Andrews.

Blackburn and Newcastle are rumoured to have shown an interest and Larsson hopes a deal can be reached before the close of the transfer window on 31st August.

"I have got a new contract proposal from Birmingham, but I am not interested in that.

"I have got two years left on my current deal. I am not the kind of player who creates a lot of trouble.

"But somewhere there has to be some respect between the club and the player. Of course it would be better if I played in the Premier League."

Great to see Larsson spitting the dummy out. Birmingham aren't going to shift without some arm-twisting.

I'd like to see us in for Valencia at Wigan. Surprised nobody else has made a move for him.

I'm sure I read somewhere that he's just signed a new contract with Wigan or committed his future to them publically.

Guest mobiius

I would not be surprised to see 1 or 2 russian internationals arriving just before the window closes. My heart tells me Arshavin(i know we can dream) but my mind says Gabulov or one or both of the Berezutski twins. I wouldnt mind seeing Sychev come to SJP one thing the weather would'nt bother them they would actually be moving to a warmer climate.

Guest sondre

I'd like to see us in for Valencia at Wigan. Surprised nobody else has made a move for him.

Palacios (spelling) would be more useful to us IMO.

Agree. He would be immense for us at DM. Would solve so many of our problems. He's good on the ball as well. GET HIM KEV!!!

Larsson is quality, would make a great signing for central midfield IMO.

And has the versatility needed to be a good squad player...

And has the versatility needed to be a good squad player...

Would be great on set pieces too.  If we are priced out of getting Inler, Larsson would be my second choice.  Birmingham supporters on the message board we have a link to don't seem to think his heart was on the performance today against Sheffield Utd....got subbed off.