Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Am i reading too much into it?

Yes.

Cant see why he'd mention it then. Doesnt seem like the sort of thing that you obligatorliy mention during transfer specualtion if it had no relevance to a particular potential signing.

Suggest there is someone on the list with a bad reputation, no other reason for mentioning specifically mentioning it if they're all model pros on the list...

The article is from January.

So its not  relevant article then?

Not to this individual case IMO, he's talking about in general.

how about Niko Kranjar? Portsmouth have shown in the past that they sell when the price is right....not sure how much Kranjar would cost mind ;)

Adriano's first touch is worst than Martins'.

And the last time he scored goals on a consistent basis was about 2 years ago.

11 goals in 17 games for Sao Paulo

The Brazilian league is quite different from the Premiership. Romario scored goals there until he was 42!

Teddy Sheringham was scoring in the Premiership when he was 41

Are we really going to have a debate about the quality of the Premiership vs the quality of the Brazilian league?

If people think the EPL is a physical league then you should see the Brazilian league. Some of the fouls committed there (and not get cautioned) make the EPL look like a  ballet

I can tell you this 11 goals in 17 matches in the Brazilian league is exceptionell considering players scoring 20 in 48 matches go to Europe and score loads of goal in the spanish and italian league. Not going to say PL considering no brazilian striker has gone straight from Brazil to England however i would love to see Adriano if he could keeep his troubles away.

I can tell you this 11 goals in 17 matches in the Brazilian league is exceptionell considering players scoring 20 in 48 matches go to Europe and score loads of goal in the spanish and italian league. Not going to say PL considering0 no brazilian striker has gone straight from Brazil to England however i would love to see Adriano if he could keeep his troubles away.

Wash your mouth out!

I can tell you this 11 goals in 17 matches in the Brazilian league is exceptionell considering players scoring 20 in 48 matches go to Europe and score loads of goal in the spanish and italian league. Not going to say PL considering0 no brazilian striker has gone straight from Brazil to England however i would love to see Adriano if he could keeep his troubles away.

Wash your mouth out!

`We`ve got Mirandinha, he`s not from Argentina, he`s from Brazil, he`s fkin bril!`

Been turneddown by Campbell and Diarra according to todays papers

Under Allardyce wasn't it?

KK Quotes

We’ve earmarked about 20 players, he’s one of the best midfielders in the world and the right age, but at the moment – and it’s a sad thing – we’ve gone for three players and lost all three.”

Guest LucaAltieri

KK Quotes

We’ve earmarked about 20 players, he’s one of the best midfielders in the world and the right age, but at the moment – and it’s a sad thing – we’ve gone for three players and lost all three.”

Surely can't have been talking about Diarra

KK Quotes

no about Modric there he is saying we have lost out on 3 the papers are saying they are modric campbell and diarra

Guest LucaAltieri

KK Quotes

no about Modric there he is saying we have lost out on 3 the papers are saying they are modric campbell and diarra

Fair enough... although it's still early to be describing Modric as one of the best midfielders in the world, imo.

Anyway, he's got a long list. I'm sure there are a few gems on there.

Saw an interview with Bilic last night about Croatias chances in the summer and about Modric.

He said that he thinks that Modric is already one of the ten best midfielders in the world (AM)

Damnit we missed out on him, still cant get over it, god i wish Spurs go down next season =)

Saw an interview with Bilic last night about Croatias chances in the summer and about Modric.

He said that he thinks that Modric is already one of the ten best midfielders in the world (AM)

Damnit we missed out on him, still cant get over it, god i wish Spurs go down next season =)

So because Bilic said it, it must be true?

That's like me saying Steven Taylor is one of the best centre backs in the premierleague. Of course he is going to say that, he manages the guy.

Guest Guinness

Dunne, Huntelaar, Diego, Lennon and someone like Veloso. That'd be the perfect transfers for our squad atm, and all of them are realistic imo.

Agreed all would be great signings, but I think our chances of getting that calibre of player (particularly Huntelaar, Diego and Veloso) come down to what some of the top European clubs plan to do. There seems to be a lot of speculation surrounding the likes of Kaka, Ronaldinho, Drogba, Lampard, Villa and co which could keep them occupied. If we moved early then we could stand a chance, providing it didn't tip off other clubs like the Modric move did.