Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest optimistic nit

no need to be quite so aggressive. class encompasses everything that a football player has, including fitness imo.

a fit viduka is premiership class, but will that happen and when?

So every player that is injured can't be counted as being Premiership class now?

I think what he is saying is that Viduka is unfit at the moment, if he was on a field tomorrow against Manure he wouldnt get a look in what so ever solely because he is unfit, therefore in his current state he isnt good enough to play against Premier League teams for a Premier League team, to get back to his usual self ie scoring for fun he needs to get back into shape.

So he's saying that every player that isn't 100% fit at the moment through injury can't be classed as being a Premiership standard footballer.

:lol:

Baggio, you´ve shown in your fucking irritating debates with NE5 that like him, you´ll pick any little bit of a post and magnify it to hide the inconsistansies in yours. i agree, my post does make it seem like that is what i think, but you know that i dont think that at all. it was badly worded. you can ignore the fact that we need new strikers by debating whether i think that any player not 100% fit is PL class if you want, but you know that isn´t what i think.

it was less that i was saying viduka isn´t PL quality, and more that i just am not including him in a list of our current strikers (like when shearer was injured for a year) because he may not return for months, but whereas shearer was 28, viduka is 32/33 and approaching the end of his career anyway.

My, my, what a muddle.

I think its fucking ridiculous that youve said that, you are blatantly looking for reactions, well well done because you fucking got one, now jog the fuck on

[/icemanBlue]

:aww:

this is getting riddiculous now, my point was not about the relative class of viduka, i am a viduka fan, but of the fact that we need more strikers, when you claim that we need defenders and midfielders more than strikers (we do need all 3, but strikers first imo).

when shearer was injured for a year, you would be pretty wrong to inlcude him in our striking options for that year. viduka wont be back for a while, so i´m not including him in our present striking options until we know when he will be back.

we need another striker, because we cant rely on viduka or owen to be fit for a whole season, in viduka´s case even half a season and we cant rely on smith, ameobi or carroll to score goals.

I named the areas where we're lacking in numbers, not where I think we need to strengthen.

If you think we need another striker then you should have just said that rather than making out Mark Viduka isn't Premiership standard

no need to be quite so aggressive. class encompasses everything that a football player has, including fitness imo.

a fit viduka is premiership class, but will that happen and when?

So every player that is injured can't be counted as being Premiership class now?

I think what he is saying is that Viduka is unfit at the moment, if he was on a field tomorrow against Manure he wouldnt get a look in what so ever solely because he is unfit, therefore in his current state he isnt good enough to play against Premier League teams for a Premier League team, to get back to his usual self ie scoring for fun he needs to get back into shape.

So he's saying that every player that isn't 100% fit at the moment through injury can't be classed as being a Premiership standard footballer.

:lol:

Baggio, you´ve shown in your fucking irritating debates with NE5 that like him, you´ll pick any little bit of a post and magnify it to hide the inconsistansies in yours. i agree, my post does make it seem like that is what i think, but you know that i dont think that at all. it was badly worded. you can ignore the fact that we need new strikers by debating whether i think that any player not 100% fit is PL class if you want, but you know that isn´t what i think.

it was less that i was saying viduka isn´t PL quality, and more that i just am not including him in a list of our current strikers (like when shearer was injured for a year) because he may not return for months, but whereas shearer was 28, viduka is 32/33 and approaching the end of his career anyway.

So C Ronaldo isn't Premiership class? mackems.gif

Guest icemanblue

My, my, what a muddle.

I think its fucking ridiculous that youve said that, you are blatantly looking for reactions, well well done because you fucking got one, now jog the fuck on

[/icemanBlue]

:aww:

Hmmmm, of course.

I don't know what's so absurd about ONut's suggestion.. it's clear that Viduka isn't the most reliable of players fitness-wise.. although he's good with the ball at his feet and has the goalscoring instinct, even at his fittest he can barely run after the 60th minute..

I hope we can get rid of him in the winter

I don't know what's so absurd about ONut's suggestion.. it's clear that Viduka isn't the most reliable of players fitness-wise.. although he's good with the ball at his feet and has the goalscoring instinct, even at his fittest he can barely run after the 60th minute..

I hope we can get rid of him in the winter

It's absurd to suggest he's not a Premiership class striker when anyone who's seen him play a handful of times could tell you he clearly is.

Owen, Martins and Viduka are all quality players on their day. I find that hard to disagree with. ???

Aye, Viduka's getting on now and his injury record goes without saying - and i'd rather we had someone else leading the line now - but he's a bloody good player for us when he's on the pitch.

Just going back a couple pages; i'm surprised with people saying we need two new centre-backs if we've got any hope of getting into the Top 8. That's just plain wrong imo, we've got a good defense and we could do with a quality centre-back to push us on a level, but even that isn't essential imo. Faye is a very good centre-half and Taylor's only alright. Caçapa is good and Edgar is fairly shaky from what i've seen. We don't need two more to add to that imo.

That consistent backline achieved 5 clean sheets in 8 games don't forget.

As i, and Jonny Hall i think it was said: LB, CB, CM, CF is what we need if we're signing four more players imo.

As i, and Jonny Hall i think it was said: LB, CB, CM, CF is what we need if we're signing four more players imo.

I'd probably go with LB, CB, DM, AM if it was just four as I think we could do alright with the strikers we've got. I would ideally like to see another target man type striker come in though.

Guest sicko2ndbest

One of the Lancashire rags claiming Warnock will be ours by the end of the week

Good signing, steady as fook. Great defender, in a 4-4-2, as a 4-3-3 Enrique would be the better option

There was a couple of paragraphs on it in an article claiming Bentley was for sale, can't find it now...

Are you lying?

What would be the point?

ZOMFG no source, I must be lying