Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

I know not many people like Wigan, but they really have had some talented players since they came up. Kirkland, Baines, Chimbonda, Bullard, Landzaat, Palacios, Valencia, Heskey. Shame from their point of view that they're not big enough to keep them.

I know not many people like Wigan, but they really have had some talented players since they came up. Kirkland, Baines, Chimbonda, Bullard, Landzaat, Palacios, Valencia, Heskey. Shame from their point of view that they're not big enough to keep them.

I'd take scharner too. Vastly underrated IMO.

If we look at the teams potentially going down: Who would you take?

Derby: Barnes seems to be the only one slightly worth a gamble

Reading: Shorey?

Birmingham: Fabrice Muamba, Larsson?

Bolton: Diouf?

Not much quality this time round...

Your right not much this time around.

Doyle, Sonko & Hunt at Reading interest me  but mainly on the form of last season. I have always thought Kenny Miller is decent player. But these are all much of muchness & would be squad fillers & our signings this summer should be mainly about improving our starting XI.

Guest LucaAltieri

I'd take scharner too. Vastly underrated IMO.

If we look at the teams potentially going down: Who would you take?

Bolton: Diouf?

Shorey (backup LB) and Scharner (Can play CB or DM) as squad players. If we lose N'Zogbia then perhaps Kapo would be worth a short-term deal but someone younger would be preferable. No one else even worth looking at IMO.

If Barry is on the move from Villa in the summer we need to be in for him as well. Can play DM, ML, and LB. He's got a better delivery of the ball than just about anyone in our squad. We could probably use Milner as bait to get him on the cheap, too.

I don't think we've got a hope in hell of signing Bentley.

Valencia, as mentioned, might be worth a punt.... other than that I'd say we're shopping abroad.

People keep bringing up Lennon and SWP. I don't think either are realistic or would be particularly good signings.

Players from the league that I would like us to sign...

Defenders

Richard Dunne

Steve Finnan

J-A Riise

Scharner

Ben Haim

Midfielders

Lee Osman

Benayoun

S Wright-Phillips

Stephen Hunt

Forwards

Dean Ashton

Peter Crouch

Darren Bent

-------------------------------------------

Obviously don't want us to sign all of them, but its this pool of players I think we have a chance at signing.  We need a bigger squad next season. 

I'd like us to sell Ameobi to Stoke and Smith to Rangers, get £8m for them two, then try to purchase the players I've higlighted in bold.

We should contact Ferguson today and offer him £10 million for Carrick and tell him we're naming our team to play Chelsea soon and we're thinking about naming our reserves to see if any of them are capable of doing a job in midfield next season if we don't sign Carrick.

Players from the league that I would like us to sign...

Defenders

Richard Dunne

Steve Finnan

J-A Riise

Scharner

Ben Haim

Midfielders

Lee Osman

Benayoun

S Wright-Phillips

Stephen Hunt

Forwards

Dean Ashton

Peter Crouch

Darren Bent

-------------------------------------------

Obviously don't want us to sign all of them, but its this pool of players I think we have a chance at signing.  We need a bigger squad next season. 

I'd like us to sell Ameobi to Stoke and Smith to Rangers, get £8m for them two, then try to purchase the players I've higlighted in bold.

Why would Steve Finnan leave the Liverpool bench for ours? ;)