Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Might be a fall-back option if the more high-profile deals don't come off?

25 years old, from abroad, seems to fit the bill.

Club are very short of numbers up front assuming Shola goes.

You have to remember that the current fourth choice striker is Smith and you'd hope we got rid of him too.

Consider the players Keegan used to have up front (although the players are different in terms of attributes, they have vaguely) similar stature:

Shearer = Owen

Ferdinand = Viduka

Asprilla = Martins

Beardsley = ?

Kitson = ?

Huckerby = Carroll

Ginola = ?

Watson = Smith

Diane, get him in. Can't really be turning our nose up at people.

Aye might as well resign Carr as well with your 'if he can kick a ball/man and has played in professional sport sign him' policy.  I really dont rate Diane seen him a few times in Le Championat.

I think he's a decent player. but if that's the standard we're gonna buy for every player....then we're not going anywhere next season. :(

Someone will assume you're saying Viduka is as good as Ferdinand was on that post.

Aye, to clarify, I'm comparing status as opposed to actual quality.

Shola would have been under the Kitson category, so perhaps if we do have loadsa money, we are looking to upgrade Shola.

apart from his hammer of a left foot i dont really rate kapo and unsure of what benefit he would bring to the first team however if we lose N'zogbia/duff he would be useful squad player, imagine he would want regular first team football though

apart from his hammer of a left foot i dont really rate kapo and unsure of what benefit he would bring to the first team however if we lose N'zogbia/duff he would be useful squad player, imagine he would want regular first team football though

The youth lads would love him they might get a free car

if anyone doesnt know what im talking about im on about the 30 grand mercades he bought his boot boy at Brum

Gomis and now Diane. 

Think we're doing the right thing looking at buying French.  Caught a lot of Ligue 1 this year and of the continental leagues I think it's very, very close to the English game in terms of blend of physicality and skill. Don't think players coming in would have too much adapting to do on the pitch. 

I do rate the Bundesliga in that respect too but either we're reluctant to buy from them or they're reluctant to sell, I don't know. 

Guest xtinct

Anyone know if Nicky Shorey is out of contract we have been linked with him today for 2.5 million but some people reckon he is out of contract

1 year left

Linked with Nicky Shorey for 2.5 million

In the Daily star so rubbish probably

Nicky Shorey will lead a mass exodus from relegated Reading by joining Newcastle in a cut-price £2.5million deal.

He would be an excellent signing for that money.

Seems a good pro, Shorey, certainly wouldn't mind us getting him. Does seem a very "Southern" sort of bloke though (not meant offensively, for once), so dunno if he'd fancy a move up here if there were other options in London open to him.

People will worry about Jose, but the fact is that we need a left-back, and it makes sense to sign the best one we can possibly get (the best in the opinion of the scouts/Keegan, not us lot, I mean.)

Might be a fall-back option if the more high-profile deals don't come off?

25 years old, from abroad, seems to fit the bill.

Club are very short of numbers up front assuming Shola goes.

You have to remember that the current fourth choice striker is Smith and you'd hope we got rid of him too.

Consider the players Keegan used to have up front (although the players are different in terms of attributes, they have vaguely) similar stature:

Shearer = Owen

Ferdinand = Viduka

Asprilla = Martins

Beardsley = ?

Kitson = ?

Huckerby = Carroll

Ginola = ?

Watson = Smith

Just read his mini-bio, damn you Shearer for getting old.  :(

Shearer would be immense in our 4-3-3 system with Oba and Owen at his side.

Love this one:

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/09/19/19n_owen_wideweb__430x273.jpg

Gomis and now Diane. 

Think we're doing the right thing looking at buying French.  Caught a lot of Ligue 1 this year and of the continental leagues I think it's very, very close to the English game in terms of blend of physicality and skill. Don't think players coming in would have too much adapting to do on the pitch. 

I do rate the Bundesliga in that respect too but either we're reluctant to buy from them or they're reluctant to sell, I don't know. 

I think the Bundesliga doesn't look as glamerous as other (more technical) leagues at the moment. Though I hardly can think of players signed from Germany who struggled in England.

Shorey is a good corner taker too, much better than anything we've currently got.

He's managed to get 9 assists in the league which is pretty impressive for a left back.

Especially for a relegated team.

Zarate in talks with 2 EPL sides

Hope one of them is us

He's certainly got a bit of magic about him, but I could only really see him in the current "Owen role", as it were.

Zarate looks to have a bright future in front of him but he's not a player we really need, we need a bigger striker to replace Viduka.

Yea, I think replacing Viduka and Smith are vital but the duke won't be off this summer imo, hopefully January....annoying that he got that big injury recently..

I still think we'll buy that Gomis player, 12m is my guess.