Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Domi was homesick. Hardly f*cked off in a huff.

Easily the best left-back I've seen in a Newcastle shirt in my lifetime.

bernard was better and "homesick" is a shit excuse

Sorry madras, but that's just bollocks. Homesickness is a far more valid reason than you credit it.

bernard was better and "homesick" is a s*** excuse

Sorry madras, but that's just bollocks. Homesickness is a far more valid reason than you credit it.

it's also a catch all excuse, the "bad back" of being in a huff and wanting away.

I'd say Domi was better than Bernard. Was stronger, quicker, and was an excellent crosser of the ball.

i'd disagree,bernard had one season when even some french reporters were calling for his inclusion in the national set-up. his performance in milan probably the best left back performance i'd seen since alan kennedy

it's also a catch all excuse, the "bad back" of being in a huff and wanting away.

Was it not actually more something to do with his religion or something anyway?

Seem to remember talk that some of the players ripped the p*ss out of him because he wouldn't drink and was a Muslim.

that was during one of his sabaticals in paris. ask yourself,had we won the league or been pushing on and looking good,would he have left ?  i very much doubt it

I say watch the Shearer The Legend DVD and 1999-2000 end of season review and see how many goals he set-up.

i say i was there and watched a 90minute game week in week out.as i was with bernard and bernard gets my vote

that was during one of his sabaticals in paris. ask yourself,had we won the league or been pushing on and looking good,would he have left ?  i very much doubt it

Pretty sure we were up in around 6th-7th in the first-half of that 00-01 season when he left.

Thank God we replaced him with the mighty Quinn.

Stuart Pearce and John Beresford were also better than mercenary w****** Domi.

We got our money back for him, and I bet he was on nowhere near what he was on here when he went back to PSG.

Eventually,but to do what he did was a disgrace to professionalism.Laughed when he trawled up at Leeds the year they went down.Seen him play for a couple of Spanish clubs since then and hasn't impressed me.

Pretty sure we were up in around 6th-7th in the first-half of that 00-01 season when he left.

Thank God we replaced him with the mighty Quinn.

we were going nowhere,he knew it and we knew it. quinn was a shame (fantastic in that semi for the blades)

End of the day it's complete and utter bollocks to rule out signing anyone purely on the basis of their nationality.

If they're good enough, who fucking cares?

exactly.

someone earlier mentioned a good example, we'd never have signed the Senegalese Faye or Beye after our experience with fellow countryman Amdy Faye. and the amount of shite english players we've had should put us right off signing any more.

End of the day it's complete and utter bollocks to rule out signing anyone purely on the basis of their nationality.

If they're good enough, who f****** cares?

Exactly. If we were to do that, we shouldn't sign another English centre-forward ever, since we've spunked £30m on Cort, Owen & Smith since Shearer.

If they're good enough, who f****** cares?

exactly.

someone earlier mentioned a good example, we'd never have signed the Senegalese Faye or Beye after our experience with fellow countryman Amdy Faye. and the amount of s**** english players we've had should put us right off signing any more.

agreed.

but i'm drawing the line at strong welsh accents

Watched Miguel Veloso the other week playing for Sporting. Looked a good player, quite strong actually. Played as a DM, good first touch.

Someone told me the Portuguese media were saying he's been linked with some big clubs but as far as i know, no bids have been made.

I don't work in football but the boy looks quality to me, with athleticism to match.

Manu want him, i reckon Carrick to us and him to them wouldn't be too off the mark in the summer.

one tabloid is againthis morning  linking Veloso with Man Ure. I would definitely take Carrick if they`re willing to let him go and if he`d come to us. Rather spend the money on a proven established player rather than splashing out 15m+ on a couple foreigners who turn out to be rubbish

"Rather spend the money on a proven established player rather than splashing out 15m+ on a couple foreigners who turn out to be rubbish"

We should never buy another Man U reject ever again, have you not had enough with the two we've got? And why spend loadsamoney on one English player who's getting sold from Man U instead of a couple of foreigners? Is it because he's a Geordie, because I can't think of any other reason to buy him?