Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest Sniffer

End of the day it's complete and utter bollocks to rule out signing anyone purely on the basis of their nationality.

If they're good enough, who f****** cares?

Problem is Dave, most of them aren't any good when they play for us. That's the point.

Watched Miguel Veloso the other week playing for Sporting. Looked a good player, quite strong actually. Played as a DM, good first touch.

Someone told me the Portuguese media were saying he's been linked with some big clubs but as far as i know, no bids have been made.

I don't work in football but the boy looks quality to me, with athleticism to match.

Manu want him, i reckon Carrick to us and him to them wouldn't be too off the mark in the summer.

Why would Carrick move from a big club to an average sized one, at thispoint in his career?

And for the love of God, don't try to say that all players have some kind of hero worship of Keegan, or some other blatant shite.

When have i ever said anything like that you angry little bugger?

Guest Sniffer

It might come under blatant shit but, off the top of my head, money?

Ant the fact his mam will give him a clip if he turns us down.

It might come under blatant s*** but, off the top of my head, money?

Ant the fact his mam will give him a clip if he turns us down.

Bearing in mind that Carrick was happy with his money at Spurs (who are not renowned for high salaries), I think it does come under the heading of blatant s***!  Sadly, I don't think that Carrick won't be leaving Man Utd any time soon, and if he did, I'd be reasonably confident that he would return to Spurs

I remember Carrick being quoted as saying coming here would be a 'bad move' when he was at West Ham and SBR had only been here a season or two. If he thought that then....

Guest Sniffer

Depends who you have selling the club to him, I suppose.

I doubt if he'll come until he's about 30 when he wants a final payday and he'll play the " supported them since I was a boy and life wouldn't be complete unles I play for the geordie masses " card.

Depends who you have selling the club to him, I suppose.

I doubt if he'll come until he's about 30 when he wants a final payday and he'll play the " supported them since I was a boy and life wouldn't be complete unles I play for the geordie masses " card.

I doubt he'll ever come here. Would love to see him in black and white though.

Gilberto's legs are going man.

We should have learned our lesson by now doing these sort of things.

Aye, you can picture it this time in 12 months if we were to sign him - 'Geremi Mk. II'.

I know he has the potential to be another Butt or Geremi but apparently he's an excellent professional on the training ground and Hamann is currently proving that you don't necessarily need legs to do a decent job in the holding role. Still disappointed we missed out on Diarra, he would have been perfect for us at the moment.

Aye, you can picture it this time in 12 months if we were to sign him - 'Geremi Mk. II'.

perhaps worse, as gilberto's built his entire game on athleticism, he's really not that good on the ball.

I know he has the potential to be another Butt or Geremi but apparently he's an excellent professional on the training ground and Hamann is currently proving that you don't necessarily need legs to do a decent job in the holding role. Still disappointed we missed out on Diarra, he would have been perfect for us at the moment.

Completely different players though iyam. Hamann has never really been a true athlete like Gilberto has and has always been comfortable passing the ball etc

Guest Sniffer

Diarra is on record as saying he expects to move to a " big " club from Pompey. Maybe it's just me, but I like a bit of commitment in my players not one who freely admits he's just passing the time because it's convenient.

perhaps worse, as gilberto's built his entire game on athleticism, he's really not that good on the ball.

I know he's not up to much on the ball but i thought his defensive game was based upon his positioning and reading of the play. Maybe not.

Diarra's attitude wouldn't really bother me if it didn't affect his performances. Portsmouth are still getting an excellent midfielder for a season or two.

Muntari and/or Kranjcar would be sound purchases imo and would be attainable as well.

They would make us pay through the nose for them. You could probably get Appiah and D'Allesandro for half as much.

City hardly blew the bank for Benjani though, only £8 million or so I think once all extras have been paid, and seeing as he's been brilliant this season I don't see why Kranjcar or Muntari will cost much more.