Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Dunne is not out of contract but as from the summer he can buy himself out for the remainder of what he gets paid.

Unless he signs a new deal in the summer, tbh i think he will, he can walk for a minimal fee.

Dunne is not out of contract but as from the summer he can buy himself out for the remainder of what he gets paid.

Unless he signs a new deal in the summer, tbh i think he will, he can walk for a minimal fee.

That's right, I remember the story now.

That's right, I remember the story now.

He'd be nuts to do it though unless its for a CL club. Citeh (although falling away a bit) look good for their money, captain to boot, he should sign on, just use his position to boost his future earnings which im sure will be how it pans out

Bentley

Bent

Poulsen

SWP

Bridge

Dunne

Chimbonda

They wouldnt be bad

How much do you think KK will have in his transfer pot?  £50m wouldn't buy all those players.

I reckon you'd come close

Bentley -15m

Bent-dont buy him but if you do bid 8M at the very most as thats all hes worth

Poulsen-5M?

SWP-10M

Bridge-3M

Dunne-Out of contract ynext season so 3M

Chimbonda-5M

49M

How much for Carrick this summer to twist Man U's hand to sell?

£25m maybe? Thats a quarter of the way to £100m on one player btw.

Offer what they paid for him and hope he's home sick, it's a starting point and probably our only selling point to him.

I think we as fans are looking at the fallacies of the club entirely wrong, i dont doubt for one second that money needs to be spent, but the figures being bandied about are ridiculous, we need to be aiming for the top half before we go looking for Europe, its about expectation and the higher we raise the expectation the more sensitive the trip wire becomes.

Personally i would be happy to see the club cement a top half finish before we go making proper strides into the top 6/7.

If we go about spending huge amount of money, and only achieve a top half finish, what effect does that have on the club and its fans? Personally i dont think it'd be particularly healthy.

We havent seen a team yet play anywhere nears its potential, i dont buy into this the whole squad is shit, deep down everyone at this club knows that there are some excellent players at this club, we need to be punching our weight at present.

Look at the effrect that heavy investment had on Tottenham, it needed a set up to get them flowing inthe right direction, and they are now in a posotion of power because of it, i genuinely belive that brining in 7-10 new players will do more damage than good.

I just still think this talk of heavy investment a bit kneejerk, i know we are in a very poor position, but we have had a stupid run of fixtures, i genuinely belive that this club could be transformed with 3-5 max, players.

Who are the 6-8 first team players who are good enough, for you? And what happens when one of them gets injured, or two of them, or three.

Our "first team" players are supposed to be:

Given - flaky, still top 6/7 for next season/one after? Probably.

Beye - Seems pretty good, not a brillaint defender. Top 6/7? Yes.

Carr - Fuck off. 6/7? Fuck off.

Faye - only an idiot thinks he's a "beast" so far. Seems alright, needs to iron a few errors out. 6/7? Hopefully.

Taylor - has a number of things to iron out, imo can become a good defender. 6/7? Hopefully.

Cacapa - vastly over rated. 6/7? No.

Enrique - unclear whats happened to him. Not a good buy, it seems. 6/7? No, not on showings so far.

Duff - weak, doesn't drive forwards, ineffective. 6/7? No.

The Zog(at left wing) - our best left winger by a country mile. 6/7? Yes.

Barton - Has been poor, pretty consistently. Also scum. 6/7? On current showing, No. (and please fuck off).

Butt - fuck off.

Geremi - fuck off.

Milner - not the fastest, but not as slow as some would have us think (no slower than Solano, really). 6/7? Hopefully.

Smith - rubbish. Rubbish in the middle. Rubbish up front. 6/7? No.

Owen - Past his best, not arsed, not fit, no service to him. Still clearly has ability, but not world class by a long chalk. 6/7? Yes.

Martins - Very, very flawed. Extremely fast, but its no good making random runs. 6/7? Possibly.

Viduka - Slow, fat. lazy. Well past his best. 6/7? No.

So, imo, what we have is:

YES x 3 (ST, LW, RB)

PROBABLY x 1 (GK)

POSSIBLY x 1 (ST)

HOPEFULLY x 3 (CB, CB, RW)

NO x 6 (CB, LB, LW, MC, ST, ST)

FUCK OFF x 3 (RB, MC, MC)

We WERE mid table crap for the past few seasons. Allardyce put things in place to bring us down to the level we now are. We do not want to be looking for mid table safety next season, we need to be looking to get back to the top 6/7 without delay. And to do that, we need some serious investment.

Mind, anyone who thinks we can prise the likes of Carrick away from teams like Man Utd is an idiot. We need to look at what teams like Citeh have done with their buying, or get a great manager in.

I'd go with all of that NM, with the caveat that Zoggy will end up in the full French side soon.

More than capable of that, if he gets played where he should be. If he doesn't, i think we'll lose him. And it'll be OUR loss, not his.

Bentley

Bent

Poulsen

SWP

Bridge

Dunne

Chimbonda

They wouldnt be bad

How much do you think KK will have in his transfer pot?  £50m wouldn't buy all those players.

Bentley - £13m+

Bent - £10m

Poulsen - No idea - £8m?

SWP - £10m+

Bridge - £4m

Dunne - £1.5m

Chimbonda - £3m

Close though imo.

I'd be amazed if Levy thought about selling Bent for £10m, he wouldn't take a hit of £6m in the space of 6 months or so.  He'd rather wait to see if he came good.  Chimbonda is available at £8m, it may possibly get reduced a bit depending on the interest, but it won't be coming down to £3m.  Poulsen is being reported as having a deal in place to go to Barca, don't know how true it is though.  Ramos did want him but not any more apparently so I guess there might be some truth in the story.

Bentley

Bent

Poulsen

SWP

Bridge

Dunne

Chimbonda

They wouldnt be bad

Bentley - £13m+

Bent - £10m

Poulsen - No idea - £8m?

SWP - £10m+

Bridge - £4m

Dunne - £1.5m

Chimbonda - £3m

Close though imo.

I'd be amazed if Levy thought about selling Bent for £10m, he wouldn't take a hit of £6m in the space of 6 months or so.  He'd rather wait to see if he came good.  Chimbonda is available at £8m, it may possibly get reduced a bit depending on the interest, but it won't be coming down to £3m.  Poulsen is being reported as having a deal in place to go to Barca, don't know how true it is though.  Ramos did want him but not any more apparently so I guess there might be some truth in the story.

Because Ramos doesn't want him there might be truth in a deal taking him to Barcelona?  :lol: Jesus, do you honestly know how that sounds?  :idiot2: What if Ramos did want him, would the deal to the worlds most famous club be dead in the water?  ???

12 months by the time the window opens for Bent, and yes he would take the hit if Ramos wanted to sell and bring someone in. He'd be wrong not to do so at his managers request.

As for Chimbonda, good footballer, bad personality and getting old. You'd be mad to pay anything over £4m for him, and i doubt anyone will by the summer, you had your £8m Chelsea chance last season, you let it pass you by, you wont get an offer like that again.

Guest Anders Rye

Barca is very interested in Poulsen, a shame, really think he would be good in the Premier League, good tackler and passer, would definetly solve our defensive midfield.

While the club seem to be stacking the youth ranks, I'll go ahead and suggest Jozy Altidore from Red Bull New York. He's got the potential to be a great player, and it seems like NY is preparing to let him go over the summer.

How much for Carrick this summer to twist Man U's hand to sell?

£25m maybe? Thats a quarter of the way to £100m on one player btw.

Offer what they paid for him and hope he's home sick, it's a starting point and probably our only selling point to him.

I think we as fans are looking at the fallacies of the club entirely wrong, i dont doubt for one second that money needs to be spent, but the figures being bandied about are ridiculous, we need to be aiming for the top half before we go looking for Europe, its about expectation and the higher we raise the expectation the more sensitive the trip wire becomes.

Personally i would be happy to see the club cement a top half finish before we go making proper strides into the top 6/7.

If we go about spending huge amount of money, and only achieve a top half finish, what effect does that have on the club and its fans? Personally i dont think it'd be particularly healthy.

We havent seen a team yet play anywhere nears its potential, i dont buy into this the whole squad is s***, deep down everyone at this club knows that there are some excellent players at this club, we need to be punching our weight at present.

Look at the effrect that heavy investment had on Tottenham, it needed a set up to get them flowing inthe right direction, and they are now in a posotion of power because of it, i genuinely belive that brining in 7-10 new players will do more damage than good.

I just still think this talk of heavy investment a bit kneejerk, i know we are in a very poor position, but we have had a stupid run of fixtures, i genuinely belive that this club could be transformed with 3-5 max, players.

Who are the 6-8 first team players who are good enough, for you? And what happens when one of them gets injured, or two of them, or three.

Our "first team" players are supposed to be:

Given - flaky, still top 6/7 for next season/one after? Probably.

Beye - Seems pretty good, not a brillaint defender. Top 6/7? Yes.

Carr - f*** off. 6/7? f*** off.

Faye - only an idiot thinks he's a "beast" so far. Seems alright, needs to iron a few errors out. 6/7? Hopefully.

Taylor - has a number of things to iron out, imo can become a good defender. 6/7? Hopefully.

Cacapa - vastly over rated. 6/7? No.

Enrique - unclear whats happened to him. Not a good buy, it seems. 6/7? No, not on showings so far.

Duff - weak, doesn't drive forwards, ineffective. 6/7? No.

The Zog(at left wing) - our best left winger by a country mile. 6/7? Yes.

Barton - Has been poor, pretty consistently. Also scum. 6/7? On current showing, No. (and please f*** off).

Butt - f*** off.

Geremi - f*** off.

Milner - not the fastest, but not as slow as some would have us think (no slower than Solano, really). 6/7? Hopefully.

Smith - rubbish. Rubbish in the middle. Rubbish up front. 6/7? No.

Owen - Past his best, not arsed, not fit, no service to him. Still clearly has ability, but not world class by a long chalk. 6/7? Yes.

Martins - Very, very flawed. Extremely fast, but its no good making random runs. 6/7? Possibly.

Viduka - Slow, fat. lazy. Well past his best. 6/7? No.

So, imo, what we have is:

YES x 3 (ST, LW, RB)

PROBABLY x 1 (GK)

POSSIBLY x 1 (ST)

HOPEFULLY x 3 (CB, CB, RW)

NO x 6 (CB, LB, LW, MC, ST, ST)

f*** OFF x 3 (RB, MC, MC)

We WERE mid table crap for the past few seasons. Allardyce put things in place to bring us down to the level we now are. We do not want to be looking for mid table safety next season, we need to be looking to get back to the top 6/7 without delay. And to do that, we need some serious investment.

Mind, anyone who thinks we can prise the likes of Carrick away from teams like Man Utd is an idiot. We need to look at what teams like Citeh have done with their buying, or get a great manager in.

In the end, its a matter of opinion, and i havent seen a single set up at this club for a good 3-5 years which has been an environment where the players can prosper. I dont think its just a coincidence that a huge number of supposedly talented players come here and flop so badly. Take a look at the number of top class players we've had here, we havenet had many players who have really prosepered since the SBR days. I dont think its a coicident.

It'd be nice to see a player be judge in a team that is actually playing cohesively. I mean i surely cant be the only one who thinks that the defence is crap because the organisation is shocking. It cant be as simple as "they're shit etc" Sure the indivdual players have there fallacies as players, but there fallacies cant be entirely responisible for the horrendous results. Surely not.

For me, id like to see 2 CM (1 DM, 1 AM), a RW and a CD as a minimum. Thats for players who, in a squad going in the same direction would transform the team.

Bentley

Bent

Poulsen

SWP

Bridge

Dunne

Chimbonda

They wouldnt be bad

Bentley - £13m+

Bent - £10m

Poulsen - No idea - £8m?

SWP - £10m+

Bridge - £4m

Dunne - £1.5m

Chimbonda - £3m

Close though imo.

Because Ramos doesn't want him there might be truth in a deal taking him to Barcelona?  :lol: Jesus, do you honestly know how that sounds?  :idiot2: What if Ramos did want him, would the deal to the worlds most famous club be dead in the water?  ???

12 months by the time the window opens for Bent, and yes he would take the hit if Ramos wanted to sell and bring someone in. He'd be wrong not to do so at his managers request.

As for Chimbonda, good footballer, bad personality and getting old. You'd be mad to pay anything over £4m for him, and i doubt anyone will by the summer, you had your £8m Chelsea chance last season, you let it pass you by, you wont get an offer like that again.

Ramos wanted Poulsen, Barca then wanted him and so he'll be going to Barca.  I don't think anyone would be surprised by that.

Knowing what Levy is like, I think he would be more likely to agree a loan deal for Bent for a season with a view to a permanent transfer.  That way the fee gets muddied and it's less obvious whether Levy has taken a hit or not.  Having said that, Ramos does like Bent's attitude but Bent would be gone in double quick time if Ramos could get Villa, the one he would really like.  Even with Uefa competition guaranteed, getting his signature would be highly unlikely.

As for Chimbonda, good footballer? Yes.  Bad personality? Yes and a bad attitude to go with it.  Getting old?  No, he was 29 last week.  Whether we get £8m is debateable, but his fee will be more than £4m.  Willie Mackay has been quoted as saying 5 teams have enquired about him, I've heard of 2.

Guest jcricthon

I'm baffled at why so many people are rating Dunne. He has been nothing but a Donkey for City whenever I've seen him play before this season. He's had one good half a season under Sven and is now leaking goals and making mistakes again...He's no better than Bramble!

I'm baffled at why so many people are rating Dunne. He has been nothing but a Donkey for City whenever I've seen him play before this season. He's had one good half a season under Sven and is now leaking goals and making mistakes again...He's no better than Bramble!

Really?

Hmmm...

You haven't seen either play, really, have you.

Guest kingdawson

Juande Ramos. Not too realistic though.

Was that one of your jokes?

Partially, but you were the punchline!

I wont take all the credit :)

So you invaded a topic about Newcastle's summer targets to have another dig at Spurs.......

GET HIM GEORDIES  :knuppel2: