Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Guest VegasToon

Anyone for Nick Bendtner?

You just created the lastest rumour of a player linked to us.  I say in 2 days this will be on tribal football and the sun. :frantic:

Guest koye

Yes...Bendtner is a very good player, but I think Wenger wants him too stay.

Guest nufc_geordie

Would take Aimar as an attacking midfielder like. 6.5 mil seems a bit cheap for him though doesn't it?

Guest teepee

Yes...Bendtner is a very good player, but I think Wenger wants him too stay.

i think that wenger would let him leave at the right price, but i fear that will be at least 10m

but i'd love to see him here - great player, could play the role viduka was meant to to perfection. he is big and strong, but also has a great vision.

the main problem i think would be to convince him to come here...

Would take Aimar as an attacking midfielder like. 6.5 mil seems a bit cheap for him though doesn't it?

acccording to what i've just read, he's been transfer listed.by zaragoza as they've just been relegated

acccording to what i've just read, he's been transfer listed.by zaragoza as they've just been relegated

and injury prone although he did play 16 games for Zaragoza last season which is an achievement

and injury prone although he did play 16 games for Zaragoza last season which is an achievement

probably a reason he went from title chasing valencia to mid table zaragoza (now relegated zaragoza) in a few short seasons, no?

always struck me as far too lightweight for the PL too

Guest teepee

no thanks to aimar - fantastic skill, but he'll only get a few games a season, and will imo never adapt to the epl

Guest elpapi

Linked with Roland Juhasz of Anderlecht in the Belgian press, central defender, comparable to steven taylor, nothing special i'm afraid...

Ronnie to Man City story still doing the rounds, a reported £200gtand per week wage offer :lol:  I am amazed we are not being linked with him too, its the kind of stupid story the press love to tie us too.

Guest Vigge

Aimar would be gamble but surely we could afford a gamble for 4 m quid on a player of his calibre, this of course based on that the club understands he is signed as such and signs other midfielders to ensure quality in midfield even if Aimar fails / is injured all the time.

Considering Aimars undoubted skill, at 4m he would be a worthwhile gamble IMO.

He's very much the type of player we need in the centre of the park, however there is the usual worry over fitness and ability to adapt.

Didn't Pablo Aimar get viral meningitis a couple of years back and it took him ages to recover (hence poor appearance record)?? I think if he was completely free of it he would be a worthwhile punt for 4m in fact looking at his stats for Valencia he played 162 games in 5 seasons which averages 32 games per season. At Real Zaragotha he played 53 in 2 seasons so almost 27 games per season which isnt that bad to be honest.

Schalke 04 wants to sign Adrian Mutu. We should try to get him here instead!

Wouldnt touch him after his Chelsea days

Why not? He's not a cokehead anymore.

yer but he was hated by al his team mates another party boy interested in the money