Realistic Summer Targets

Tsunami

Maybe it's not a lack of funds.  Maybe the writers are assuming that and it's just a matter of the staff agreeing that they aren't going to overpay for a certain class of player.  The only time you should overpay is when you have the chance to bring in an impact player.

Santi Corzola

he's very good at final... doubt he'll be cheap... so unrealistic

Already playing in a CL club, so certainly not realistic.

Looked pretty good at Euros though, although I'm not sure how well he'd adapt to England.

He scored against England at Wembley  :snod:

Nah, he's useless according to MaetihS. We could bring in Ronaldo and Messi this summer and he'd still find lots to moan about.

Why bite?

He scored against England at Wembley  :snod:

Nah, he's useless according to MaetihS. We could bring in Ronaldo and Messi this summer and he'd still find lots to moan about.

Why bite?

I don't actually think he is a WUM. He posts too much for that.

Guest Peter.Sthlm

Been quoted 4.5 million for Seb Larsson according to the Journal

i would certainly pay that

According to his agent Birmingham won't sell him. The swedish website that reported about our interest in him a month ago have got some quotes from his agent.

http://fotbollskanalen.se/1.523954/2008/06/30/sebastian_larsson_fast_birmingham_vill_inte_salja

The only thing the article says is that Seb wants to leave for a Premiership club but Birmingham won't let him go. The agent also said that he won't be trying to talk them into changing their mind.

Prem duo eyeing Almeria striker

The striker left Real Madrid last summer and joined Almeria, and he shone with 13 goals in La Liga and helped the minnows retain their top-flight status.

However, Real inserted a buy-back clause in the deal and they will now take the player back for 4 million euros (£3.1million) before selling him on - with reports claiming he could go for up to 12 million euros (£9.4million).

It is claimed in Spain that two English sides have made bids for the exciting 22-year-old, with some sources suggesting the two clubs as Newcastle and West Ham.

Tottenham have also been credited with an interest after they scouted him late last year.

Now Negredo's agent Junma Lopez says he will meet with Real next week to talk over his future.

"We still have not had any news from Real and I will attend a meeting next week to clear the subject," he said.

"If Real does not accept a deal then he will remain with Almeria."

don`t know if we ever were really interested in him but Real have not taken their option up on him so they wouldnt be able to sell him for their ridiculous sell on fee (proposed at the time)

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=758599

Guest Ben7

Gökhan Inler (Udinese & Switzerland)

I have it from a good source* that Inler's representative  met Wise in Switzerland in the last few days

*not the bartender, or the oncle's secret lover's sister halfbrother's grandma...

Guest Limpy

I have it from a good source* that Inler's representative  met Wise in Switzerland in the last few days

I would be over the moon... :-)

Any info?

*not the bartender, or the oncle's secret lover's sister halfbrother's grandma...

I'd be happy with that from what I've seen of him.

Why are people afraid to reveal their so-called 'sources'? If the rest of us are to allow the comment any credibility whatsoever, then we need a source. Otherwise it's just not worth even posting.

It was a good discussion, which led Dennis Wise in Zurich. The general manager of new castle had flown particularly to Switzerland, in order to meet with Inler advisor Dino Lamberti.

VIEW confronted Lamberti with this procedure. The player advisor says: “, It is correct that Newcastle has interest in Gögi. But it will leave Udinese only if it is really correct for it.”

In this case it could really be correct for Inler. Because Newcastle, past season only the 12. Place in the Prime Minister League reached, rigs so correctly.

The content numbers, which Inler would receive for its commitment, clarify that.

Thus Newcastle offers of Udinese a contract to the mercenary until 2013. He could annually approximately 3.5 million euros earn. To the comparison: With Udinese he earns for the moment approximately 1.5 million euros.

Inler also a few lump costs ten exactly million euros. For this sum it can change owing to an exit clause despite contract to 2012. Therefore Udinese wants to buy this exit clause from it.

By the way: Newcastle, where Kevin Keegan stands as a coach at the line, is interested also to Basel Eren Derdiyok. As English newspapers agreeing report, it already came to meetings between Newcastle and the Derdiyok side. Allegedly the Prime Minister League club wants approximately four million Pound (approx. eight million franc) to pay. Allegedly the FC Basel demands however at least twelve million franc, since the 19-Jährige has contract with Swiss master still another until 2010.

:laugh: :laugh:

Hope he keeps his 88 squad number if he comes here.

Is that his year of birth or does he have Buffon-eque right wing(not the position) tendancies?

He is 24 and have no idea on political views.

Just have always liked the kits when the number has been a little different from the norm, such as Viana 45.

Is that his year of birth or does he have Buffon-eque right wing(not the position) tendancies?

what's the script with that buffon story?  never heard it, be a pity if i couldn't like the guy anymore

what's the script with that buffon story?  never heard it, be a pity if i couldn't like the guy anymore

Just remember hearing how he picked 88 as his squad number at Parma (i think it was) due to the H being the 8th letter of the alphabet and HH standing for Heil Hitler allegedly. That was the rumour anyhoo, i think he came out and denied it.